The world has lost a great bodybuilder

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Agreeing with narcus in post above mine.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with what Jet (and all of the pro bodybuilders) said about genetics and PED's.

You can take all the BEST anabolic/androgenic supplementation out there, but if you're not a natural genetic freak (not to mention diet and working very hard and smart), you're not coming close to the Mr. Olympia.

Again, though, for the average guy on the streets, the right cycle will DESTROY genetic limitations. This is one thing I've noticed and come to believe over the years of observation.

Agreeing with narcus in post above mine.

I know, but you think so? I really don't know, but when I see a certain "type" of monster with a certain amount of sheer size, then it's been my observation that something is going on more than genetics and working out.

Again, I don't know about the data re: college football players. I think, however, that it's Soooo common now and so available that this younger generation is almost keen to the idea from a really really early age.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think so in the Big 12, and i know for a fact wasnt prevalent at Oklahoma State around 8 years ago, but I know nothing about and don't watch SEC football.

This post begs the question as to what constitutes a "safe" hormonal rebalancing, and what is justified in terms of performance enhancement?

Is the anesthesiologist who is 50 and doing his own high acuity cases justified in getting his T levels back to that of an 18 year old? Not supraphysiologic, but just in the high range of normal if he suspects he's running a little "low" lately?

Afterall, maybe he then has the energy to engage his family more, hit the gym (or whatever other hobby he has) more often, and all the other benefits which can come from a higher level of circulating testosterone (lets not get into E/T ratios, SHBG, and aromatisation). Maybe he performs better at work? Thus he's looked at as being a better candidate (with more stamina and endurance) for a chairmanship? To head an important committee?

Interesting. Thoughts?

Know what dude?

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

The DISCRIMINATION against performance enhancing drugs is what it is man.

IT WASN'T ALWAYS LIKE THAT.

Back in the 90s

NOONE CARED.

Then all of a sudden "PUBLIC AWARENESS" of Performance Enhancing Drugs entered the arena....

Like ESPN says,

"C'MON MAN!"

Performance enhancing drugs have been there

ALWAYS

and will continue to be there

ALWAYS.

Athletes with MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

thrown in front of them and their

LIFE OBJECTIVE is to be

BETTER AT THEIR CRAFT THAN THEY ARE CURRENT DAY?

:laugh::laugh:

Yeah OK MAN.... we're headed for a

DRUG FREE ARENA:laugh::laugh:

No.

THE SCIENTISTS ARE ALWAYS

A STEP AHEAD OF THE

DRUG TESTS.

My personal opinion is

drugs cannot give you the ability to compete in a sport on a professional level...i.e.

YOU GOT TO THAT LEVEL VIA YOUR GOD GIVEN GIFTS

You wanna enhance your God Given Gifts?

GO AHEAD MAN.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with hormone use, its as american as apple pie. I'm going to go all Jet for a moment:

Its not cheating if everyone is doing it and everyone knows everyone is doing it.

They cant figure out who to give Armstrong's yellow jersey's to because they can't find anyone who wasn't doing the same things he was. Think about this. Its legal to ride your bike at altitude to increase your hct. Its legal to sleep in an altitude tent to increase your hct. But its against the rules to take out your own blood, save it for later, and transfuse it back. Also not legal to inject yourself with epo. All have the same result. Seems kind of arbitrary.

Americans love steroids. We want 350 lbs linemen. We want gold medals. We want 500 ft home runs. We are all HULKAMANIACS!! How do you like that brother?

Even our golfers are enhanced. Tiger woods has 20/15 vision from not one, but two surgeries. Concert musicians take beta blockers to perform better.

My problem is not with anabolic/androgenic steroids. Its with our countries laws regarding them, the public's unwillingness to see the hormone use all around them, and the fitness industries pedeling of lies to sell useless buckets of powder.

Somewhere along the way america forgot it loves steroids. Was it Lyle Alzedo blaming his brain tumor on them? Ben johnson beating Carl Lewis for the gold in 88 while Carl got his failed drug test covered up?USA,USA! Was it because a bunch of senators got their panties in a bunch because the big men were hitting the ball too far in the hit the ball with the stick game, and that not American? (thank you joe biden)

Without hormones there is no 50 year old ripped Tom Cruise, no 350lbs linemen, no aging linebackers who tear their triceps and are supposed to be out for 6 months but are miraculously back in weeks. No mid 30's NFL quarterbacks who take a beating equivalent to being a car wreck once a week, for a 17 weeks season. There is no (gasp) Michael Phelps.

I think responsible hormone use can improve people's life. The evidence is all around us. The problem is where they are most evident is in the world of bodybuilding and its a dark world full of amphetamines and diuretic abuse. That's what kills bodybuilders.

I met Nasser at the 1996

Mr. Olympia

where he took 2nd or 3rd...can't remember...

I had the privilege of being backstage during that event

Nasser and I kinda bonded, I guess because of the intellect thing

Nasser was an INTELLECT FIRST.....ummmm....dude.....he spoke

SEVEN LANGUAGES.
:eek:

We kept in touch for several years.

Sharing successes/struggles.

He was more than a Magazine Cover to me.

I am highly impressed by this.

My opinion steroids were widely used in the NFL in the 70's and 80's. But now adays football is focused on skill athletes. Take for instance Terrell Suggs for the Baltimore Ravens a defensive end who can bench 225 15 times. When I played college ball I benched 225 20 times as a Freshman and could squat mid 500's but I was not a natural athlete. We had a guy whom was juicing and he still got smoked in the 40 and was on scout team week in and week out. The game is morphing to better skill guys then actually having the big behemoth blocks of the 70's and 80's. My take on steroids let them the athletes make an informed decision then bring them in ultrasound their legs, check their lipid levels, CMP,baseline EKG, vitals and continue monitoring them throughout the cycle safely. Physicians should be administering the injections so that these guys have a safe and sterile environment and also so that their use is monitored all under the guise of the Sportsmedanesthesiologist.

As a resident, I had a kid come into my hospital 25 with an MI on anabolic steroids. Ended up on ECMO and eventually ended up dying. Sad case. A physician would have saved this kids life.

My opinion steroids were widely used in the NFL in the 70's and 80's. But now adays football is focused on skill athletes. Take for instance Terrell Suggs for the Baltimore Ravens a defensive end who can bench 225 15 times. When I played college ball I benched 225 20 times as a Freshman and could squat mid 500's but I was not a natural athlete. We had a guy whom was juicing and he still got smoked in the 40 and was on scout team week in and week out. The game is morphing to better skill guys then actually having the big behemoth blocks of the 70's and 80's. My take on steroids let them the athletes make an informed decision then bring them in ultrasound their legs, check their lipid levels, CMP,baseline EKG, vitals and continue monitoring them throughout the cycle safely. Physicians should be administering the injections so that these guys have a safe and sterile environment and also so that their use is monitored all under the guise of the Sportsmedanesthesiologist.

As a resident, I had a kid come into my hospital 25 with an MI on anabolic steroids. Ended up on ECMO and eventually ended up dying. Sad case. A physician would have saved this kids life.
PED use in the NFL is as rampant as any other sport. Just take a look at guys like Clay Mathews, Patrick Willis or as earlier mentioned Ray Lewis. That combination of strength and athleticism doesn't come naturally. Of course, based on the NFL's drug laws you don't have to specify which PED you were suspended for, which is why all you'll hear about is Adderall.

I do agree with you that we shouldn't be attacking PED users but rather monitoring them to ensure safety. However, use in the NFL is likely more rampant than the MLB, which everyone talks about, yet people are more focused on the MLB because of what Selig has done over the years.

I think anabolic steroids are interesting, couldn't care less if people do them... as long as they know fully what they are signing up for: http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/supplementationbasics/a/steroiddangers.htm

I'm surprised that so many docs on here consider them "safe if done properly." What are you basing this on? Anabolic steroids drastically alter gene expression in just about every cell in your body, many ways surely still unknown. I'd say the risks are significant. I'm not rolling the dice, got too much to live for. Then again, I don't make money off of my body.

what is a bodybuilding thread doing in an anesthesia forum?

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone else mentioned that those steroids were most commonly used for large animals (veterinary, maybe I should have used the term meatpacking industry). I simply said it was strange, given the medical history of a large brain tumor. If it was me, I would not choose that course.
Funny that you accuse me of drama when you have thrived on drama and conflict your entire time on the forum. You wear your drama like a badge of honor. Nothing against that from me. Just strange, since your own drama has made you internet famous (or infamous) in this tiny corner of the interwebs.
I am truly sorry that you lost a mentor and friend. I am sure he was a nice guy.
How much do you bench, brah?

you got your ass handed to you brah, all your back pedaling is making you look even more the limp dick fool

Just strange, since your own drama has made you internet famous (or infamous)

No SLIM,
My drama hasn't made me famous. My STORIES

have.

I'm a storyteller. People like stories.

More important than the storytelling, I write
THE TRUTH.

People like that

EVEN MORE.

Last edited:
MORE THAN TWICE YOUR BODY WEIGHT.

Brah.

Impressive.:thumbup:
I have never been very serious about physical fitness. Starting to catch up to me as I get a bit older, but I have skated by pretty good for a lot of years. Truth be told, I have probably avoided a lot of injuries by not being a very good athlete.

No SLIM,
My drama hasn't made me famous. My STORIES

have.

I'm a storyteller. People like stories.

More important than the storytelling, I write
THE TRUTH.

People like that

EVEN MORE.

I thought we were being cordial and good-natured in our ribbing, but I see by your use of the moniker "Slim," that you probably disagree.

you got your ass handed to you brah, all your back pedaling is making you look even more the limp dick fool

Still drunk from celebrating passing your oral boards? Congrats btw. Not sure why all the hostility. Have we had an internet fight before that I don't know about?

I thought we were being cordial and good-natured in our ribbing, but I see by your use of the moniker "Slim," that you probably disagree.

YOUR PLAYING

CATCH UP

MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A

DICK, man.

Read your initial posts and replies...

CAN YOU LOOK ME IN THE EYE? CAN YOU LOOK ME IN THE EYE AND TELL ME YOU WERE BEING

CORDIAL AND

GOOD NATURED??

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's where you and I

DIFFER,

SLICK.

I AM WHO I AM.

LIKE IT OR NOT, THERE'S

NO AMBIGUITY.

YOU HOWEVER ARE....

F U CK this s h i t man.

Isn't worth it.

Gern, maybe you should start with being

TRANSPARENT

You chastise me periodically for posts of mine

KNOW WHAT?

EVERY POST IS FROM THE HEART.

SPONTANEOUS.

TRUTHFUL.

You may not like my posts.

I DON'T CARE.

I'm gonna still

KEEP POSTING

The Truth

Maybe you can handle The Truth.

Maybe you can't.

DOESN'T MATTER.

THE TRUTH

posts will continue.

ARE. YOU.

READY. FOR.

THE TRUTH????

Obviously not.

YOU'RE COMFORTABLE SPOUTING OFF YOUR KNOWLEDGE

ABOUT ANABOLIC STEROIDS

FROM A "PROFESSIONAL" LEVEL

:thumbdown:

Last edited:
Still drunk from celebrating passing your oral boards? Congrats btw. Not sure why all the hostility. Have we had an internet fight before that I don't know about?

I'm not much of a drinker. I am not being hostile, just some good natured ribbing is all.

To Jet, sorry to hear about your friend, glad to hear that he was not only a person at the pinnacle of something he loved but also humble and a good natured dude.

I used to be a gym rat with all the trimmings but now just sticking with running and p90x, i guess i am getting into the mid life cycle of things. tho i do miss the gym atmosphere.

I'm not much of a drinker. I am not being hostile, just some good natured ribbing is all.

To Jet, sorry to hear about your friend, glad to hear that he was not only a person at the pinnacle of something he loved but also humble and a good natured dude.

I used to be a gym rat with all the trimmings but now just sticking with running and p90x, i guess i am getting into the mid life cycle of things. tho i do miss the gym atmosphere.

MeaCulpa,

Thanks man. Means alot.

In the Nineties

I was intimately bonded

with the Bodybuilding Culture

both

personally

and

with people I knew.

I'VE LET THIS STORY BE

SOOOOOOOO

AMBIGUOUS.

By design.

There's

SOOOOOOOOO

many details to my

LIFE BACK THEN

PRIVATE PRACTICE ANESTHESIOLOGIST FULL TIME

STRIVING FOR A BODYBUILDING

PRO CARD
!!!

PROBABLY THE GREATEST TIME OF MY LIFE.

GREAT PHYSIQUE. GREAT FRIENDS. GREAT STORIES.

Seriously! I look back at that era of my life and I can honestly tell you dudes

I'VE GOT STORIES FROM THAT TIME OF MY LIFE

YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE.

Thing is tho,

I'VE GOT WITNESSES.:D

I've been kinda quiet about my quest to become a

PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDER.

It never happened, and that's ok.

THE STORIES I COULD TELL YOU

about my

TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS

and telling you about the

HOMIES I TRAINED WITH

and how said HOMIES kept me

FOCUSED

At my best,

THANKS TO MY DEDICATION AND MY HOMIES

I was

SIX FOOT, 248 POUNDS

RIPPED.

Long story short, yah I had achieved a great physique but I was

NO MATCH

for

Jay Cutler/Ronnie Coleman/Dorian Yates/Flex Wheeler/Kevin Levrone

even on my

BEST DAY.

I GAVE IT MY BEST SHOT.

Couldn't make it happen.

Goes to show

HOW MUCH ATHLETE IS IN THOSE NAMES I MENTIONED.

I TRIED TO BE LIKE THEM.

Despite (alotta stuff we won't speak of) and alotta hard training and alotta dieting

I realized

I'M A FREAK.

But I'll

NEVER BE ON THE SAME LEVEL AS

JAY CUTLER

KEVIN LEVRONE

DORIAN YATES

but

IT'S OK.

Those guys are

ROKKSTARRS.

If I'm

JUST A FEW STEPS BEHIND THOSE FREAKS OF NATURE,

I'm

GOOD MAN.

That's where I am.

And I'm

HAPPY WITH THAT.

BEING BEAT BY PHYSIQUES LIKE THAT OF NASSER EL SON BATY/JAY CUTLER/RONNIE COLEMAN/DORIAN YATES/FLEX WHEELER/KEVIN LEVRONE

doesn't make me a loser.

It means

I WAS STRIVING TO BE LIKE THE BEST.

I didn't make it.

AND THAT'S OK AND THAT EXEMPLIFIES WHAT HEIGHTS OF ATHLETICISM NASSER/JAY/RONNIE/DORIAN/FLEX/KEVIN

ROSE TO.

PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDING IS NOT EASY,

ladies and gentlemen.

I WAS A 248 POUND

RIPPED FREAK

back in my day and from a professional level

I COULDN'T TOUCH THOSE DUDES.

Back at the HEIGHT OF PHYSIQUE....AT MY

VERY BEST

I remember having a phone conversation with Nasser telling him where I was at...

I remember him saying

"Bill, that's not good enough."

LOLLLL

THE TRUTH HURTS.

Nasser was right.

I tried.

I DID EVERYTHING NASSER DID.

He told me what to do.

I DID IT.

Yeah, I was a

FREAK

but not on the level of a

Mr. OLYMPIA FREAK.

I'm a

SCIENTIST FIRST and a

BODYBUILDER A CLOSE SECOND.

I CAN HONESTLY SAY

Nasser did alotta Performance Enhancing Drugs

And I did too.

That being said, it was obvious to me after a cuppla years of

HEAVY PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS

I was never gonna be a

NASSER EL SON BATY/DORIAN YATES/KEVIN LEVRONE/ FLEX WHEELER

YAH. I WAS A FREAK.

SIX FOOT. 248. RIPPED.

(SORRY SLIM SIX FOOT TWO FORTY EIGHT RIPPED IN TODAYS WORLD EQUATES TO YOU BEING A VAGINA AND PLACING 18TH...)

LOOKING BACK, I'M JUST HAPPY TO BE PART OF THE PROCESS!!!!

I mean

REALLY MAN????

I'M 248 and RIPPED and

I DON'T EVEN MAKE A RIPPLE????

(reality sets in)

"Yes, Bill. That's right.

YOU DON'T MAKE A RIPPLE."

LOLLLLLL

It was at that point where I realized DESPITE MY FREAK BODY

MY FREAK BODY

was inferior to

JAY CUTLER/RONNIE COLEMAN/KEVIN LEVRONE

I WAS CLOSE, BUT

SOOOOO FAR....

Never made it.

RESPECT TO THOSE PHYSIQUES MAN.

I DID WHAT THEY DID.

I NEVER LOOKED LIKED THEY DID.

FREAK, YAH. BUT NOT ON THE LEVEL THOSE FIRST TIER BODYBUILDERS ACHIEVED.

Last edited:
Wow, what the heck happened. We should all chill down.

Look here is a cute kitten.

extremely-cute-kitten_large.jpg

a "look" and a "freak body" achieved through synthetics is not, is absolutely not athleticism. it's aestheticism. same as the south beach hottie s/p lipo, implants, tan, and covered in make-up. aestheticism is great for magazine covers, but not much else.

once synthetics are on board there's no telling how much they contribute to the whole picture and how much genes and hard work contribute - it invalidates the results.

armstrong is without question a great athlete - but how great? no one will ever know - his waters are muddied - he mighta just been an average cyclist on his own.

a decathlete is an athlete. bodybuilders are artificial peacocks, in my humble opinion.

a "look" and a "freak body" achieved through synthetics is not, is absolutely not athleticism. it's aestheticism. same as the south beach hottie s/p lipo, implants, tan, and covered in make-up. aestheticism is great for magazine covers, but not much else.

once synthetics are on board there's no telling how much they contribute to the whole picture and how much genes and hard work contribute - it invalidates the results.

armstrong is without question a great athlete - but how great? no one will ever know - his waters are muddied - he mighta just been an average cyclist on his own.

a decathlete is an athlete. bodybuilders are artificial peacocks, in my humble opinion.

Decathlete? An athlete? I don't think so.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=De7rbB2bteE&desktop_uri=/watch?v=De7rbB2bteE

I used to be a big bodybuilding fan, although I was always more of a powerlifter myself.

What separates those top dudes you mentioned (Coleman, Cutler, Levrone, etc...) isn't necessarily their athleticism, but how well their bodies respond to anabolics.

I don't doubt those guys are above average in the "athletic" sense, but they aren't freaks like Adrian Peterson or Lebron. When you combine good athletic genes with an insane work ethic with amazing physiological response to anabolics you get a freak bodybuilder.

I used to be a big bodybuilding fan, although I was always more of a powerlifter myself.

What separates those top dudes you mentioned (Coleman, Cutler, Levrone, etc...) isn't necessarily their athleticism, but how well their bodies respond to anabolics.

I don't doubt those guys are above average in the "athletic" sense, but they aren't freaks like Adrian Peterson or Lebron. When you combine good athletic genes with an insane work ethic with amazing physiological response to anabolics you get a freak bodybuilder.
I'd bet that Adrian Peterson or Lebron are on some sort of performance enhancing drug themselves.

Just look at the recovery time AP had from his knee injury. Just the same way old-man Ray Lewis recovered from a torn triceps in just a few weeks.

I do not think lebron is on a PED basketball strength is not a big issue, its a game of leaverage and quickness. Thats why players can go from highschool to the nba. Im not sure any highschool football star could go straight to the nfl no way.

Man I lov eastbound and down. U wrote that series?

:)
Nope. I was asked to and I would have if I wasn't so busy being the best doctor in the state, a groundbreaking scientist, a highly sought after speaker, and an entrepreneur, all while fine tuning my general awesomeness.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm 24 and was heavily into body building when I was 18-20. There are a few doc pro body builders out there... Victor prisk comes to mind. I always liked Johnny Jackson's physique, even though he never places very well. Jet, it is very cool to know you were into body building in the "golden years".. Did you ever go to the firehouse ? Lol.

That took balls to be so honest about "synthetic" use.

I've read all the other posts, so this isn't geared towards anyone in particular. Just my opinion...

Sure, different dudes probably respond differently to anabolic steroids. I'm not super well versed in this, but somewhat versed.

For ANYONE whom earns their living in a performance (physically) career, taking these "supplements" will absolutely give them an advantage over those who don't. Hockey players skating HARD during playoffs. You don't think these agents GREATLY enhance their ability to recover? The same applies to all sports, really.

I have no idea the extent of the actual penetration or actual (reality) testing practices of the various governing bodies, in each of the major professional sports. I really don't know.

Now, with bodybuilding, it may indeed be true that there's a different response to these powerful agents. But, when ALL (indeed ALL) of those TOP pro's are doing essentially the same things, I do believe that it comes down to genetics, training, and diet (putting aside agents that allow them to get SO lean for competitions).

The MLB player using drugs has an EDGE because it's NOT a guarantee that his counterpart on the other team is using these agents. But, in bodybuilding? Again, the TOP pros are all doing variations of the same cycles/stacks (whatever you want to call them).

So, when Dorian Yates suggests that if NOBODY was on "gear", then he'd still be Mr. Olympia all those years in a row, that may be rather credible since he has superior genetics, not to mention, again, diet, training, and discipline.

Also, the guys whom are NATURAL freaks of nature are probably the same dudes whom will respond the best to anabolics anyway. How do you think they got so big to begin with? Different response to endogenous testosterone from (this is where I am simply speculating) different sensitivities, different conversion to estrogen, different density of receptors as opposed to others, less negative inhibition of the HPG axis, greater activity of the pituitary, less plasma binding proteins and thus more "free" testosterone etc. etc.

Thoughts?

:)
Nope. I was asked to and I would have if I wasn't so busy being the best doctor in the state, a groundbreaking scientist, a highly sought after speaker, and an entrepreneur, all while fine tuning my general awesomeness.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And walking around correcting misconceptions no doubt.

dwight-schrute-fact.jpg

That took balls to be so honest about "synthetic" use.

Thanks man.

REMARKABLE HYPOCRISY GOING ON.

In Professional Bodybuilding, EVERYONE IS ON THE S H IT SO IT'S A

LEVEL PLAYING FIELD

You CAN'T be competitive in professional bodybuilding without

STEROIDS.

Yep.

There it is.

I SAID IT.

Know what that SINGLE FACT DOES THO?

It

LEVELS THE PLAYING FIELD.

Here's a statement from me you can take to the bank:

PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDING HAS

CLANDESTINELY

ACCEPTED

STEROID USE.

Before you send me a HATER EMAIL I want you to consider the following:

1) Has any other sport been so accepting of steroid use?

2) Has any other sport been able to prevent steroid use?

3) Do athletes in other sports use steroids under a shroud of secrecy, giving them an edge over others in their sport that aren't?

I want you guys to think about this. Seriously think about it.

Bodybuilding professionals...ALL OF THEM...

USE PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS.

LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

Other sports have Super Athletes

CLAIMING

they don't

with the

ENSUING CONTROVERSIES

BLAH BLAH BLAH

So much

SPORTS MEDIA IS EATEN UP BY

THE LATEST SUPER ATHLETE IN

FOOTBALL/BASEBALL/GOLF

WITH ACCUSATIONS OF STEROID USE

with requisite denials,

with lawsuits, etc etc

Judging from my use of performance enhancing drugs, judging from the privilege I've had of knowing certain professional bodybuilders, judging from watching athletes in football/baseball/golf who

SUDDENLY HAVE AN UP BEAT BLIP

IN BODY SIZE AND

ATHLETIC PROWESS

REALLY DUDES?

DO YOU STILL

REALLY BELIEVE

YOUR SPORTS HERO

HASN'T TASTED STEROIDS?

So much HYPOCRISY IN FOOTBALL/BASEBALL/GOLF.

Many, many, many athletes in those fields use steroids.

You don't know it.

They deny it.

Last edited:
Jet, and it isn't just big muscles. It allows the athlete better muscle control, to shoot a basketball more accurately, swing a bat more accurately, for a rb to hit a hole faster, and think quicker and react faster, and have greater confidence.

I don't even know where to start with you man.

Ok. I'll start with one word:

HYPOCRISY

Jet, and it isn't just big muscles. It allows the athlete better muscle control, to shoot a basketball more accurately, swing a bat more accurately, for a rb to hit a hole faster, and think quicker and react faster, and have greater confidence.

YESSIR.

BODYBUILDERS USE FOR BIGGER MUSCLES.

FOOTBALL PLAYERS USE FOR A QUICKER FORTY OR A QUICKER STEP ON THEIR OPPONENT OR BETTER STRENGTH TO SMOKE THE RUNNING BACK FROM THE MIDDLE LINEBACKER POSITION.

BASEBALL PLAYERS USE FOR A 97MPH FASTBALL INSTEAD OF AN 89MPH FASTBALL OR A STRONGER THROW TO HOME FROM CENTER FIELD OR TO BE ABLE TO HIT IT OVER THE 310 FOOT WALL WITH EASE.

TRACK STARS USE TO GO FASTER.

World's Strongest Men USE TO BE...UHHHHH... STRONGER.

BICYCLISTS USE TO GO FASTER IN THE ALPS...THESE DUDES ALSO INFUSE BLOOD AND USE IV Epo

OLYMPIC JAVELIN THROWERS USE TO THROW THE JAVELIN FARTHER

and on and on and on and on and on.

This is reality ladies and gentlemen.

YOU JUST WISH TO NOT SEE IT.

Ohhhh... here's a subject we've yet to breach:

WOMEN ATHLETES USE TOO.

The Truth hurts sometimes.

The Above is

THE TRUTH.

Thanks for the post, MeaCulpa.

Last edited:
Jet, no one really denies or doubts that steroids and other performance enhancing drugs are widely used in the sport world.

But I think fixating on whether or not the playing field is level misses the point of the criticism. Why do people watch sports?

Not because they really matter. If the local team wins or loses, it doesn't change a fan's life in any measurable way. So why do people watch? Usually because they have enjoyed playing the sport themselves at some point in their lives, and like watching professionals who are extremely talented and at the top of the game. People can connect to pro athletes this way.

There's fun in watching as part of a group, going to events, being part of the "12th man" in the home stadium. When you throw in cocktails of steroids and drugs, normal people don't feel like they're watching humans compete any more. A lot of fans wouldn't be able to embrace that "12th man" feeling because the 11 players on the field aren't people. They're cyborgs.

There's a reason drugs are and always will be absolutely prohibited in the Olympics, and it has nothing to do with how level the playing field it is or isn't. Or how healthy it is or isn't for the athletes (nobody really cares about that). We may joke about how drug use should be mandatory for pro athletes to optimize the spectacle and absurd inhuman entertainment value, but the vast majority of the public doesn't want to watch a bunch of people on drugs.

Pgg, I can tell u right now most of the nba, nfl, golf, NHL are using steroids. Like I said it isn't for the muscle development per se, but steroids also gives the athlete a mental advantage, as far as confidence, increased dexterity, increased accuracy. I am 99.999% positive that lebron uses steroids, tiger woods, Adrian Peterson ,clay Matthews. Derrick rose may be one of the few that doesn't.

Pgg, I can tell u right now most of the nba, nfl, golf, NHL are using steroids. Like I said it isn't for the muscle development per se, but steroids also gives the athlete a mental advantage, as far as confidence, increased dexterity, increased accuracy. I am 99.999% positive that lebron uses steroids, tiger woods, Adrian Peterson ,clay Matthews. Derrick rose may be one of the few that doesn't.

Oh, I believe it.

To an extent in the skill games and positions it's easier to overlook it and suspend disbelief though. The fact that some or even most players on a football field are using drugs doesn't entirely detract from the game, but that doesn't mean that the audience really condones or wants it.

In the end Barry Bonds was a juiced up freak, but he could put the bat on the ball from the beginning. I could still watch him play.

Back to the thread. Bodybuilding is an odd sport. There's some really strange body dysmorphic disorder going on there. It's about as weird as watching anorexic chicks with boob jobs in beauty pageants, but with worse tans.

Pgg, im new on this board but not to bodybuilding. I can tell you that Jet is 100% correct. I have worked in the NFL, so I know what goes on. People watch sports and want to win. You think most of the people who watch football have played football? People want to see freaks, they just don't want to know what goes on behind the scenes. The only difference between bodybuilding and other athletes in other sports are drug quantity and type. Most will use similar combinations of drugs with bodybuilders using much much more and with additional drugs like GH, insulin and so on. If you take drugs out of sports, you won't see as many freaks as you see now.

Jet, Nasser was a great bodybuilder and a very outspoken but truthful guy. For those still in the closet about drugs in sports or bodybuilding, look into gh15 and you will see the truth. Drugs are in every sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a reason drugs are and always will be absolutely prohibited in the Olympics, and it has nothing to do with how level the playing field it is or isn't. Or how healthy it is or isn't for the athletes (nobody really cares about that). We may joke about how drug use should be mandatory for pro athletes to optimize the spectacle and absurd inhuman entertainment value, but the vast majority of the public doesn't want to watch a bunch of people on drugs.

I actually disagree with this. Given our current culture, I think a drug test-free, no holds barred, bring-any-damn-drug-you-want Olympics would be rather popular.

I actually disagree with this. Given our current culture, I think a drug test-free, no holds barred, bring-any-damn-drug-you-want Olympics would be rather popular.

SNL did the all drug olympics bit way back in the 80's, I believe. If people are watching the reality TV shows of today (which they are), then this would certainly be a hit.
images

You could be right.

People watch WWF or WWE or WWZ or whatever they now call pro wrestling, aka spandex soap opera, so maybe there's a market for it.

Oh, I believe it.

To an extent in the skill games and positions it's easier to overlook it and suspend disbelief though. The fact that some or even most players on a football field are using drugs doesn't entirely detract from the game, but that doesn't mean that the audience really condones or wants it.

In the end Barry Bonds was a juiced up freak, but he could put the bat on the ball from the beginning. I could still watch him play.

Back to the thread. Bodybuilding is an odd sport. There's some really strange body dysmorphic disorder going on there. It's about as weird as watching anorexic chicks with boob jobs in beauty pageants, but with worse tans.

I think Arnold explains it rather well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RinYulssSjk