The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you're traveling and need to find someone who speaks English, locate a Starbucks
that's actually my go to travel advice! Or if you need free wifi, Starbucks/ McDonalds almost always have it for customers!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Feeling like human crap today and bored out of my mind... might start something on rabbit soon.
I really want to watch Arrival. If that's an option. Never got around to seeing it when it was in theaters.
But if people want to watch something else that's chill, just offering a suggestion

I really want to watch Arrival. If that's an option. Never got around to seeing it when it was in theaters.
But if people want to watch something else that's chill, just offering a suggestion
I thought it was okay, but the ending is very confusing!

Ooh I want to watch Arrival...but at a time when I can concentrate on it. And alas, packing up my whole house is a thing that has to happen at some point yesterday.

However, dubz -- I will be joining you on the wine drinking, I think. Cheeeeers

Reactions: 1 user
Any rabbiting or CAH tonight? I'm trying to decide whether to find something to watch or just go to bed early.

I could set up a room if no one else has. Just got home from my grandparent's.

edit: jk ninjad

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So totally in the dark and dont quite understand what rabbit is(gathered it's some sort of tv streaming thing), but sticking to the original purpose of this thread... I got drunk on the beach earlier today. I'm sad it had to end. I dislike having to adult. :(

Reactions: 1 users
So totally in the dark and dont quite understand what rabbit is(gathered it's some sort of tv streaming thing), but sticking to the original purpose of this thread... I got drunk on the beach earlier today. I'm sad it had to end. I dislike having to adult. :(
Rabbit is where we all watch movies/tv shows together online and it's quite fun

But yay for drinking water on the beach!

Sounds like a fun day! Rabbit is explained below.

wwhw6sP.png

Rabbit 101

What is Rabbit?

Rabbit is a website where you can stream videos/music/etc together with a group. This means SDN movie nights have become very common! ?There is a chat feature (viewable if you click the text box icon in the bottom right corner) and ability to use both mics and webcams to talk.

What/when do you watch things?
Most nights there is a rabbit room running; check the Watering Hole and usually someone will have posted a link to the one being used that evening. Most of the time we watch movies (Disney is well loved) but sometimes will listen to music, practice presentations, pretend to study... depends on the night! We always welcome new faces.

How do I sign up?
When you go to somebody's room, you should see "Sign Up" in the bottom left corner. Make an account; be warned, Rabbit uses what you put in as "First Name" as your handle (so visible to everybody!), so I recommend putting your username there instead. (My real name is "Trilt Sloth" according to Rabbit, haha). I recommend not connecting it with facebook for that same reason.

Ah thanks guys. I'll have to join sometime. If one starts up tonight, let me know. I work overnights tomorrow (my first as an adult er doc) so I need to stay up tonight.

Last edited:
Ah thanks guys. I'll have to join sometime. If one starts up tonight, let me know. I work overnights tomorrkw (my first as an adult er doc) so I need to stay up tonight.
YAY GO YOU CONGRATS ON BEING AN ADULT DOGTOR!!!!
(And I'm sure there will be one at some point, there usually is haha)

Reactions: 1 user
I too got drunk today/ right now. I'm a little excited for this week to start so I can give my poor liver a break from this vacation.

I was told to come dirty some waters :naughty:

Reactions: 2 users
So we were talking- hey @Lupin21 / @dyachei what is y'all's opinion on creating a FAQ thread for applying to vet school and getting through undergrad (what major, what school, etc), and stickying it?

Imo it'd be like the what are my chances thread and give a common place to go/ get questions answered so that way people new to SDN don't get the old-timer snark that happens when we have to keep answering the same question.

Topics on the thread could be
  • "how do I get in X med" (small animal, zoo, ECC, etc)
  • Low GPA- help?
  • What should I major in?
  • What school should I go to?
  • How do I get experience?
I don't think it'd replace the What are my chances thread because they have distinctly different purposes. But I'd kinda just like to head y'all's opinion.

Any other topics y'all can think of?

Topics on the thread could be
  • "how do I get in X med" (small animal, zoo, ECC, etc)
  • Low GPA- help?
  • What should I major in?
  • What school should I go to?
  • How do I get experience?
I don't think it'd replace the What are my chances thread because they have distinctly different purposes. But I'd kinda just like to head y'all's opinion.

Any other topics y'all can think of?
There is one - do's and don'ts should cover those topics. Unfortunately, people who don't search don't look at stickied threads

Simba was balling up my blanket for him to sleep on and I wanted to help him and I touched it. He immediately stopped, turned around to face me, and gave me a death glare. Apparently I disturbed his system because he's not having it. :laugh: