The truth about Mt. Sinai PM&R

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rehab26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I think everyone knows that there has been someone going around on SDN degrading Mt. Sinai's PM&R program. Last year we had a resident who, to say it bluntly, screwed herself over badly. She messed up bad, she lied, and she continued to dig herself deeper & deeper into lies & distort information. When it was all said & done, she was given the option to start a clean slate & remain a resident, but under academic probation. However, she chose to leave our program, and she is now taking it out on all of us. She has used various usernames on this site to trash talk our program. She is obviously a very vindictive person with waaaay too much time on her hands. Not to mention, 90% of the cases she brings up on this site were her patients or cases she was involved in.

The truth is Mt. Sinai was, is, & will continue to be a great place to do residency. We are a fully accredited program. I feel that our residents come out much stronger candidates for fellowships & jobs than most other programs. A lot of the PGY-4's on the interview trail for fellowships are realizing just how much more we know than some other applicants. We get a ton of hands-on experience with injections, EMGs, & interventional procedures. We are now also using ultrasound on some of our MSK injections. Our EMG numbers are well above 200. Our TBI & SCI units are model systems & we get patients transferred from all over the country. As far as Elmhurst is concerned, you will never find anyone more knowledgeable about PM&R than Dr. Weissman & Dr. Bressler. These guys are truly a gift to Mt. Sinai. And as for the Bronx VA, we get to do tons & tons of injections over there. When it's all said & done, this program is still as strong as ever. Do we have to deal with some B.S. from a psycho? Yeah, but that's all it is, B.S. We'll get past this & eventually move on, but while she is still out there bad mouthing us, I figured I should let everyone else know that we will not let 1 former "whistle-blower" resident, with too much time on her hands, ruin the reputation of our program.

If anyone has any questions about our program, please feel free to contact us. You can talk to other med students that have rotated here if you run into them on the interview trail & I'm sure they'll tell you the same thing I just said.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree 100%. I have rotated there as a student and it was excellent. I worked with Dr Bryce on SCI and it was great. He took time throughout the day to make teaching points and lectured daily on various topics. I really felt part of the team.

I also worked with Dr Herrera on MSK and he was outstanding. He took time to teach, is not malicious, and made you feel welcome. He is a true asset to the program. As the previous poster stated he is incorporating more MSK ultrasound into the program which is a vital asset as studies have showed US guided injections leading to better outcomes.

As for the residents I've only worked with a few but all have this "family" feeling to them. Every resident was encouraging to me and motivated me.

The list goes on - Mt Sinai is an excellent program.

Where's the "like" button.