***The Official Western Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called and they said class is full
what a bummer.. waiting game till august i guess. my potentials are going down :( don't wanna prepare to reapply...

Members don't see this ad.

what a bummer.. waiting game till august i guess. my potentials are going down :( don't wanna prepare to reapply...
Same position! Hoping for some good news after April 15

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure not everyone who was accepted in February accepted a seat here, so that should have left some seats open right!?!? Unless the previous posts were correct on ppl who don't have sdn getting off the alternate list already OR they're still choosing ppl from the list.

When I called she said there can acceptances off waitlist at any time - if there is movement in the class. Does the mean the class is full?

Hmmm...the counselor makes it seem like they accept ppl from the waitlist pretty fast, considering they "review everyone from the waitlist whenever a seat is dropped."
Man all this anxiety from waiting is making me paranoid!

I'm pretty sure not everyone who was accepted in February accepted a seat here, so that should have left some seats open right!?!? Unless the previous posts were correct on ppl who don't have sdn getting off the alternate list already OR they're still choosing ppl from the list.
I was told nobody has gotten of the waitlist so far this cycle and that the class is full so they won't be making offers unless anyone drops their seat.

Had my interview on Oct 8 and got put as an alternate. Got my acceptance today!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Had my interview on Oct 8 and got put as an alternate. Got my acceptance today!!!
Congratulations!! This gives us all a little hope ^^ may you tell us who you received the call from? Was it your admissions counselor? Thanks!

Hmmm...the counselor makes it seem like they accept ppl from the waitlist pretty fast, considering they "review everyone from the waitlist whenever a seat is dropped."
Man all this anxiety from waiting is making me paranoid!

I believe most of the waitlist movement occurs in April and some in May so stay positive everyone. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still on waitlist but got an email regarding academic year fees?

Reactions: 3 users
Just received an email confirmation of the alternate list. According to the email, the second deposit is due April 15th. Hopefully there will be movement soon after! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Got an acceptance call today! I was on the alternate list. Debating between this and another school! Should make my decision in the next day or so.

The call was 3 pm EST... its such a tough decision, the other school is a great school and much closer geographically but I loved Western and all the people there when I was there!

I got accepted today as well. The call was around 3pm for me as well.

Got an acceptance call today! I was on the alternate list. Debating between this and another school! Should make my decision in the next day or so.
Which school is cheaper? Do you like smaller class or larger class size? What environment do you plan on practicing in post school? Are you planning to stay in CA post school?(you'll probably fall in love and never leave). These would be the questions I would ask myself. Good luck! Congratulations on your acceptance!

Which school is cheaper? Do you like smaller class or larger class size? What environment do you plan on practicing in post school? Are you planning to stay in CA post school?(you'll probably fall in love and never leave). These would be the questions I would ask myself. Good luck! Congratulations on your acceptance!
Western is definitely cheaper and a smaller class size, which are huge positives. I'm from the northeast and the other school is cheaper and a really good school.. but honestly I'm leaning towards Western. I just really liked all the faculty I met as well as current students. Everyone seemed really happy and the early clinical training is huge for me because I want to be able to jump into general practice upon graduation!

got an acceptance call yesterday 3:30pm EST.
Still waiting for the acceptance email.
most likely will be giving up my seat, hope someone here gets it!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm still waiting on that email regarding the deposit, fafsa and such.
I called admissions today and they said we should be getting that email by the end of the day tomorrow!

got an acceptance call yesterday 3:30pm EST.
Still waiting for the acceptance email.
most likely will be giving up my seat, hope someone here gets it!
Where will you be attending?

Western is definitely cheaper and a smaller class size, which are huge positives. I'm from the northeast and the other school is cheaper and a really good school.. but honestly I'm leaning towards Western. I just really liked all the faculty I met as well as current students. Everyone seemed really happy and the early clinical training is huge for me because I want to be able to jump into general practice upon graduation!
Great Choice!! See you in a couple months !!

Those accepted from waitlist, did you get a deadline to accept or decline? Thanks

Those accepted from waitlist, did you get a deadline to accept or decline? Thanks
I'm still waiting on the email that explains it all about deposits, financial aid and such.

I'm still waiting on the email that explains it all about deposits, financial aid and such.
I got a letter of acceptance in the mail with deposit information and steps to set up an email account. I officially decided to attend Western U! See you soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone on the alternate list been sending work/life experience updates to the school? If so, I was wondering if your counselor still sends a confirmation email saying she'll add the update to your application. It's been a week for me and I haven't received any confirmation. Should I call them to ask if they received my email?

Has anyone on the alternate list been sending work/life experience updates to the school? If so, I was wondering if your counselor still sends a confirmation email saying she'll add the update to your application. It's been a week for me and I haven't received any confirmation. Should I call them to ask if they received my email?
I would ask! They always confirmed mine within a few days

Yes definitely call and ask. When I would send emails they would reply "we will add this to your file"

Reactions: 1 users
got an acceptance call today. I think I'm going to be taking it. Pretty elated right now aha

Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone here still looking for a roommate or a place to live? I'm looking for a roommate or places that are looking to be filled. Please let me know. Thank you.

Did anyone get the schedule for SPaRC yet?

Just got my acceptance call yesterday. Missed Dr. Turchi's call in the morning so he left a VM and he picked up right away when I called him late afternoon. He was extremely nice in making sure that I didn't feel like I was the lesser of the class because I got my acceptance later than average. I got my email right away with the details of the deposit deadline and pre-matriculation checklist.

Don't give up guys! There's still hope until class actually starts. Just make sure to keep on sending your new academic/life experience updates via email to the admissions counselors and preparing for the upcoming cycle just in case.

Just got my acceptance call yesterday. Missed Dr. Turchi's call in the morning so he left a VM and he picked up right away when I called him late afternoon. He was extremely nice in making sure that I didn't feel like I was the lesser of the class because I got my acceptance later than average. I got my email right away with the details of the deposit deadline and pre-matriculation checklist.

Don't give up guys! There's still hope until class actually starts. Just make sure to keep on sending your new academic/life experience updates via email to the admissions counselors and preparing for the upcoming cycle just in case.
Congrats!! See you in the fall!!

Status
Not open for further replies.