***The Official UWSoD Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

First off, congrats! If you selected WA as primary residence when you applied in AADSAS, then chances are they have you listed as a WA resident. If not, you'll have a bit of work to do, but it's not too painful. You'll receive your offer packet in the mail in the coming weeks. One of the forms you'll receive is a residency confirmation form. It lists your address on it and asks you to confirm. If I remember correctly, this is the same form you send back with your deposit. This is basically all you can/need to do until you start hearing from the school next year.

Ultimately, you'll need to ensure you have a Washington driver's license or ID card, a Washington license plate (if you have a car), and a Washington address. You essentially have to turn over all loyalty to Washington State ;). Because everyone's situation is always unique, you should contact the UW Residency Classification office with any specific questions pertaining to you. The website is: https://registrar.washington.edu/students/residency/

You will also receive a call from the admissions office informing you of your acceptance. You can use that opportunity to ask about residency there too. Good luck!
Do you know when we should expect a call from admissions if our portal was changed to offer made? Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
should i stay hopeful if my status doesnt change today? Or are the majority of acceptances already handed out?

Members don't see this ad :)
should i stay hopeful if my status doesnt change today? Or are the majority of acceptances already handed out?
Realistically, I think we (no answer yet) are now competing against the Jan candidates as well. Those accepted already are likely stand-out candidates Congrats you guys/girls. Unless an adcom tells one of us how many spots are left, no one here can give an accurate answer to your question

Reactions: 1 users
So it looks like they have interviewed about 150 people so far and trying to fill up most spots (around 50 seats I'd guess), which means they're taking about 15 people per round of interview. That's super competitive. At the same time they may not have enough time to send out acceptances to all those 50 people today, so I'd say let's stay hopeful that more acceptances will come in next week. :shrug::nod:

Calling on Dec 1 could either make you look v interested or desperate. Proceed at own risk haha

I'm going to be patient. Was tempted to call but I can understand how busy they must be today and in the following week.

Do they usually call with acceptance today only?

Tomorrow is another day. Another opportunity. :xf:

anyone hear anything?
Nothing. I'm under the impression that they'll have another decision meeting to decide on more acceptances sometime this month. Hopefully we'll get another wave soon?

Members don't see this ad :)
I assumed the same. Do you believe they will accept another set of students during this month or until January?

I assumed the same. Do you believe they will accept another set of students during this month or until January?
That I don't know. I'm considering calling next week after things get a little settled.

I was thinking the same! This waiting around is killing me! Let's hope for some good news :)

Reactions: 2 users
So I looked at last year's thread and it looks like the next round of acceptances were sent mid January and some declines were sent between that time. I really hope it doesn't take them that long this year. :nailbiting:

Hey everyone! Congratulations to all of you that have been offered a seat! And for those that are still waiting, don't worry and remain patient. We have a bunch of people who got their acceptances around January/February and some who even got accepted just a month or two before the start of the quarter, although I understand that's probably not the most ideal situation lol.

Im the vice president of the class of 2020 and myself, along with the rest of the class officers, will be responsible for creating and managing the UWSOD class of 2021 Facebook group and answering any questions you may have.

Please note, this Facebook page is only for those who are committed to attending UWSOD as a member of the class of 2021.
If you are sure of committing to UW, pm your name and the email associated with your Facebook, and I will add you to the group.

Thanks guys! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Anxiously waiting to hear back, congrats to everyone who got in!!

Did you end up calling? Any updates? :)

I've just recently completed the 5 stages of grief from not getting in. I'm afraid any new updates will just start the whole process over again haha.

I've just recently completed the 5 stages of grief from not getting in. I'm afraid any new updates will just start the whole process over again haha.
Lol. I'm there with you. This past week was an emotional rollercoaster and I hate to keep going through it. As much as I wanted UW I think it's time to give up on that dream. Now I have to harass NYU to get off the wait list or hope my two Jan interviews follow through.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't give up guys!

Called and no response :/. Left message (tried my best not to sound too desperate). But i am thinking rejections should be rolling in soon. The next opportunity for those of us waiting might be until after the last group has interviewed Jan 6th? These are just my thoughts though... We need to Keep our heads up and know we are destined to become dentists one way or another!!!

Called and no response :/. Left message (tried my best not to sound too desperate). But i am thinking rejections should be rolling in soon. The next opportunity for those of us waiting might be until after the last group has interviewed Jan 6th? These are just my thoughts though... We need to Keep our heads up and know we are destined to become dentists one way or another!!!
Very true! I'm thinking the same thing as well. Jan can't come soon enough haha

Last edited:
Did anyone get the email stating your application is under consideration until mid january?

Received an email today saying "application still under consideration" and they won't be meeting until January. Keep your head up guys!

Never got an email.... Bummer....

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'm curious how many acceptances went out so far

Welp It's official. I've been rejected. Good luck to those still waiting to hear back.

Oh man, that's a bummer to hear. You have other schools yeah?
No acceptances yet. I have been wait listed at NYU though and I have two more interviews in January at UNLV and Touro. Maybe one of those two will be the one. If not there's always next year.

No acceptances yet. I have been wait listed at NYU though and I have two more interviews in January at UNLV and Touro. Maybe one of those two will be the one. If not there's always next year.
Hey man that's the way to see it. I was waitlisted last year and here I am applying again (and possibly again next year). Las Vegas or New York would be very cool places to live for four years. Best of luck to ya!

Hey man that's the way to see it. I was waitlisted last year and here I am applying again (and possibly again next year). Las Vegas or New York would be very cool places to live for four years. Best of luck to ya!
Thanks. I just wish I could know what it was that led them to that decision. Being a full time stay at home father makes it hard to go out and improve my application for next year. Although I did learn after interviewing at other places I really don't care for the MMI that UW does. Anyways, best of luck to you, I'm sure you will get in.

I like that mentality. Best of luck to you!

For those that have sent in their deposits, has it been cashed in yet? I got a confirmation email from UW on 12/13 saying they received my check, but my bank says it still hasn't been cashed in.

Trust me, if they received your check, it will certainly be cashed. All this paperwork moves through upper campus, so the process can be slow as it moves through the various departments. The holiday season doesn't help.
Hey Karanja, couple questions. 1. Should I start collecting teeth from local dentists? The cost sheet lists ~$2500 per year for books. Are there oppprtunities to buy these for cheaper from d2s? 3. Do you recommend getting a head start on any particularly difficult subjects?

Thanks!

Store in a 1:10 sodium hypochlorite solution

Hey Karanja, you are awesome! Thank you so much for the detailed response. I will order Anatomy for Dental Medicibe right away for a little bed time reading (that should help me go to sleep, right?).

I was wondering, etiquette-wise, do you usually give the dentist/oral surgeon a mason jar with solution already in it, then pick it up every month or so, or what has worked best for you? I was thinking of bringing bagels too as a way of saying thanks. And will the teeth in this 1:10 solution be okay for several years?

Thanks again!!!!

It was great to meet all of you at the last interview! Good luck and hopefully we get some good news soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck to those still waiting!! Does anyone know about how many seats are still available and about how many people usually get in off the waitlist?

also, did they say when they were gonna send out the next wave of acceptances?

@KK253 has there been a waitlist established already?

Good luck to those still waiting!! Does anyone know about how many seats are still available and about how many people usually get in off the waitlist?
No idea and
The admissions committee is meeting this week, so those still waiting should hear back soon.

It was great meeting everyone during the final interview session. Good luck!

This is great news! I've been anxiously waiting for so long.

Just wanted to let anyone who are waiting for post-December interviews that I got an email from the Associate Dean of Admissions today saying that there were many qualified Washington residents this year, so less out of state residents were invited for interviews.

Just wanted to let anyone who are waiting for post-December interviews that I got an email from the Associate Dean of Admissions today saying that there were many qualified Washington residents this year, so less out of state residents were invited for interviews.
They only held 4 interview sessions this cycle, with the last one taking place two days ago, so anyone with no interview so far probably gonna stay that way...

Im not sure how many people will get off the waitlist, but I talked to one of the administrators recently and she mentioned that at this point, slightly more than half the class is filled.

Reactions: 3 users