***The Official UoP Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Accepted!! :) Got the call at 2:00 PM PST today. Interviewed 1/30

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invitation yesterday as well!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations. Maybe I'll get one soon :( Running out of schools. Looking like I'll have to reapply

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Received an interview invite today as well! For those curious, they told me this is probably the last round of invites to fill the class before alternate interviews.

Would anyone whose already accepted or gone for an interview be able to share their experience/thoughts? I'm looking to specialize afterwards but I hear UoP is better for general dentistry. To me, the best thing about UoP is the 3-year aspect. Unless someone can shed light on their other redeeming factors! Please and thank you!

Reactions: 2 users
Received an interview invite today as well! For those curious, they told me this is probably the last round of invites to fill the class before alternate interviews.

Would anyone whose already accepted or gone for an interview be able to share their experience/thoughts? I'm looking to specialize afterwards but I hear UoP is better for general dentistry. To me, the best thing about UoP is the 3-year aspect. Unless someone can shed light on their other redeeming factors! Please and thank you!

Their building is 100% brand new. It was built about 3 years ago and everything is beautiful and state of the art. It's in the middle of San Francisco, which is IMO one of the best cities in the country. Diverse and abundant patient population and there's a lot to do in the city. The faculty and staff are SO nice and very supportive and the students seem happy there. I'm just hopefully waiting for my acceptance T_T

Reactions: 1 users

It is better for general, I talked to some friends there about it and they say specializing is doable but tough given your first year is really loaded. As for redeeming factors- location, facilities, incredible support, and an awesome curriculum are the main reasons I want to be there. I plan to specialize too, and will decide whether or not it's doable after the first month or so. If not, I plan to practice general for a few years and specialize later.

Members don't see this ad :)
After a long talk with my family, I just declined my interview. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 3 users

One of the students there straight up told me to go somewhere else if you really want to specialize, if you have the option. Letter grades and the 3-year curriculum make it difficult to specialize at UOP.

The student who gave my group the tour of the school told us that 92% of students that wanted to specialize did. I don't know if that was a made up number, but that is what I was told

My impression was that 90+% (can't remember exact number) of those who apply for specialty are accepted. But that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone who "wanted" to specialize applied. My tour guide said that only those who are at the top of the class usually apply.

My impression was that 90+% (can't remember exact number) of those who apply for specialty are accepted. But that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone who "wanted" to specialize applied. My tour guide said that only those who are at the top of the class usually apply.
Yea I defiantly agree with you. Well said.

One of the students there straight up told me to go somewhere else if you really want to specialize, if you have the option. Letter grades and the 3-year curriculum make it difficult to specialize at UOP.
First off, the vast majority of schools have letter grades, and it's a good thing if you're towards the top of your class.
Second, the advanced curriculum does make it difficult to dedicate time toward other things like the NBDE exam for Oral Surgery, etc... But you can still take a gap year (like work for a year or do an AEGD) after dental school before matriculating into a specialty program.

In other words, I could have a DDS degree + an AEGD under my belt in the same amount of time it takes everyone else to just get their DDS. And we would matriculate into residencies at the same time. So yes, it is tough to specialize in just three years. But not if you space it out over four years.

I was told the same thing by a couple students during my interview and some friends of mine who are recent UOP alumni. UOP is a great school at pumping out general dentists.

I really appreciate everyone's input regarding specializing at UoP. Thanks everyone! To conclude, it appears an education at UoP allows almost everyone to jump right into general dentistry or, if you're in the top % of your class, to have a high chance to enter a specialty of your choice.

Hi everyone!! I got a call earlier today for an interview on 3/13! It looks like there are still spots in the class!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone!! I got a call earlier today for an interview on 3/13! It looks like there are still spots in the class!
There might not be any spots open at the end of this week since people who have already interviewed this month will most likely hear back by the end of the week. It's just my speculation

There might not be any spots open at the end of this week since people who have already interviewed this month will most likely hear back by the end of the week. It's just my speculation
How long do decisions take usually?

How long do decisions take usually?
I think UoP tells you if you're interviewing for a spot on the alternate list right? There must be more spots- otherwise, they would have told you it was an alternate interview? So exciting!! Congratulations!!!

Accepted! Got the call yesterday. I interviewed 1/30. Now I have to make the decision between tufts, Nyu, and uop, but I'm probably going to choose uop

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted! Got to the call yesterday. I interviewed 1/30. Now I have to make the decision between tufts, Nyu, and uop, but I'm probably going to choose uop
What time did you get the call? I am so nervously waiting for the phone call...

Congratulations!
Thank you!!!
I think UoP tells you if you're interviewing for a spot on the alternate list right? There must be more spots- otherwise, they would have told you it was an alternate interview? So exciting!! Congratulations!!!
Thanks I really hope so!!!! I'm so nervous but excited at the same time!

Got a call Thursday to interview for a spot on the alternate list...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone who interviewed in February received an acceptance call?

Interviewed February 13th, just got a call that I'm on the alternate list

They are sending invites for alternate list interviews until the end of the month. Good luck everyone

Turned down my acceptance. A beautiful school and a wonderful program; good luck to anyone that gets the seat!

Turned down my acceptance. A beautiful school and a wonderful program; good luck to anyone that gets the seat!

Nooooooooo :( You were so excited about coming to Pacific!!!

This is a dark day for UoP...they lost a great student.

They are sending invites for alternate list interviews until the end of the month. Good luck everyone

Turned down an invitation to interview for the alternate list. Hopefully it goes to somebody else that needs it! Good luck everyone!