***The Official UoP Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

dschoolforlyfe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I would start this up!
Received an email on July 15 that my application was received.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd recommend saying the full school name. There's a lot of schools that can be abbreviated UoP and if you're not familiar with it, like me, you can get confused haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shouldn't this be titled 2021 ?
I'll let you figure this out on your own Lol But just think about what makes UoP unique from all the other dental schools

Reactions: 2 users
I'll let you figure this out on your own Lol But just think about what makes UoP unique from all the other dental schools
Oh wowwwwwwww. This is what happens when you post things at 4am

can we specify whether we're in state or oos? on this thread I feel like we're gonna have a 50/50 mix and it could clarify a lot for the oosers

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

can we specify whether we're in state or oos? on this thread I feel like we're gonna have a 50/50 mix and it could clarify a lot for the oosers

And I'm just wondering why this matters? Doesn't everyone who has a complete app get a "file under review" email?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
yea everyone will get the in review email, but I was thinking that the oosers might get it much later (but apparently not since you got it so soon, congrats!) Also, it'll help in the future once interviews start coming in and everyone will be asking for stats and whether that person is in state or oos. if we can establish the residency question with the first post, that'll save us from all the repetition

I just got the email saying my app is under review. Florida resident.

I got an email from UOP on July 1st saying they received my secondary app fee, are verifying all of my other materials (AADSAS app, DAT score, LOEs), and would email me when the processing was complete. Should I call the school since it's been three weeks now? I've gotten emails from almost all of the other schools I've applied to saying that all my materials were verified/my app is now under review.

anyone know when the first interviews started coming out last year?

Is the "under review" email that you guys talk about same as "Application Received"? I only got the "Application Received" email more than 3 weeks ago.

Is the "under review" email that you guys talk about same as "Application Received"? I only got the "Application Received" email more than 3 weeks ago.
No, it's a separate email that specifies that our app is under "active review".

When did you all submit your apps? It might help the ones asking how long it takes to receive an active review email! :)

I submitted on 7/6 & was officially mailed out 7/22 but I was verified on 7/18 and I sent my payment on 7/15 & received the email 7/21 that I was under active review

I got an "active review" email on the 19th! Application received email on June 28
I'm OOS

It says "Received/Under Review" on 6/28

Same date, same status for me- but no active review e-mail. No big deal- thank you for sharing!

Same date, same status for me- but no active review e-mail. No big deal- thank you for sharing!
I'm sure it's nothing - this whole process is so random. *fingers crossed* you get that email soon :)

got a 'in executive review' email today. oos

got a 'in executive review' email today. oos

Congrats! As in, "Please accept this email as acknowledgement that your application is now under active review by the Executive Admissions Committee at University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry"? Or a separate email saying that you are under executive review as opposed to active review? That's the email I got a few days ago. OOS as well

Congrats! As in, "Please accept this email as acknowledgement that your application is now under active review by the Executive Admissions Committee at University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry"? Or a separate email saying that you are under executive review as opposed to active review? That's the email I got a few days ago. OOS as well

that's the one!

I haven't gotten anything from the CA schools I applied to including UoP and I'm OOS. Mailed out on 7/22 with everything completed.

Under "active review" by "executive committee" last week.

This is my #1 choice, got a strong LOR from a famous alum... really hope I get an interview invite despite my GPA!

Just thought I'd drop this in here. UoP seems like such a good time.

Just submitted my application... :banana:

getting an under active review and then waiting is the same as texting a girl/boy you like dearly to go on a date with you, and then hearing nothing. Hours feel like days, and days feel like weeks. You know that girl/boy is texting all their friends and your being judged by not just her but the whole network of friends.

Reactions: 4 users
getting an under active review and then waiting is the same as texting a girl/boy you like dearly to go on a date with you, and then hearing nothing. Hours feel like days, and days feel like weeks. You know that girl/boy is texting all their friends and your being judged by not just her but the whole network of friends.

That's why you call or talk to them in person, or "netflix and chill" ;)

So for UoP, after I've submitted the primary application, I didn't receive anything from them. Not even a "We've received your AADSAS App". Or do they only look at your app when you pay their $75 supp fee.

Good. Just paid now.

Paid yesterday, under review email today.

As an update, a UOP alum told me that interview invites won't even start coming out for a couple weeks (2-4) so we're good for now!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys. I esubmitted my application on 8/03 but AADSAS still hasnt mailed my application.. Shouldnt it be mailed by now? Im worried :O

Give it another week, you should be good.

Hey guys. I esubmitted my application on 8/03 but AADSAS still hasnt mailed my application.. Shouldnt it be mailed by now? Im worried :O
If you just esubmitted, I think you still have to ~4 weeks to have your grades verified then another 1-2 weeks for it to be mail out.. So I dont think you will hear back until September. Someone correct me if I am wrong

I think that's right.

Side note, does UoP confirm interviews by email? I won't have cell reception for 10 days during interview send outs

This is what it said in one of the emails I got from the school: "Invitations to interview for a seat at the Dugoni School are extended by telephone, which you provided on your AADSAS application"

So I'm not sure if they double up sending interview invites by email as well, but I guess their primary means of sending them out is by phone.

I think that's right.

Side note, does UoP confirm interviews by email? I won't have cell reception for 10 days during interview send outs
Edited: I think @plusalpha might be right actually. When I got my interview last cycle they called me and then sent me a confirmation email after. So idk if they send an email if you dont answer the phone.

I was reading up on last year's thread and people who missed the call said that they ended up getting the email still.

Reactions: 1 users
INTERVIEW INVITE

Notification date: August 29, 2016 (around 5pm MST)
Method of notification: phone, then immediate email confirmation
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/2016
Application complete date: 7/25/2016 (under active review email received)
GPA (science, overall, BCP): 3.4, 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/22/25/none

Reactions: 7 users
So about 4-5 weeks after the under review email. Gives me hope.