****The Official UNLV Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Congrats everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Welp. No call here. UNLV out here breaking hearts on Valentine's Day.

Reactions: 3 users
I think all my correspondence is through mail.
Those who got called today - did you recently interview?

Last edited:
congrats to those who got accepted today! did you guys get a status change on the portal?

For those who didn't get a call- still do call tomorrow! They don't call everyone who gets accepted, like me :)

Also, for those who got accepted, we would love your lovely faces at the facebook group - ask questions + there's a roommate listing that you can sign yourself up for as well

https://www.facebook.com/groups/502710769939641/

Reactions: 2 users
Holy crap you guys. I got that phone call today, while at dinner for Valentine's Day, couldn't believe it. I still remember when UNLV sent me my first dental school interview invite EVER. It only made sense for them to send me my first acceptance. Congrats fam!! WE MADE IT!!!

accepted today as well! 3:30 pm pst. i didnt get a call. I got an email saying a decision had been made and called them immediately on what decision exactly, aha. i am oos and was at their first interview date.

Accepted today! Congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Was anyone accepted today an instate applicant? Also congrats to everyone that got accepted today!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Was anyone accepted today an instate applicant? Also congrats to everyone that got accepted today!

I got the call right before 3pm today. I was at work, called right back and was informed by Ancajas that I got accepted!

I am so grateful and will be be putting my deposit down tomorrow.

Also I am IS.

I called today and I was told the committee will be meeting again on march 14th and to call back on the 15th. no decision made :(

congrats to those who got accepted today! did you guys get a status change on the portal?

No changes on the Grab Rebel Gateway, but I did get that mighty fine lookin "Offer Made" status change on AADSAS. :):):):)

accepted today as well! 3:30 pm pst. i didnt get a call. I got an email saying a decision had been made and called them immediately on what decision exactly, aha. i am oos and was at their first interview date.

Congrats bud; you certainly deserved it.

Same here. Did they mention if the class is full or not?
no i forgot to ask - i might call to ask unless someone else mentions they did , its good to know! cause they are done interviewing, so it seems its just a waiting game now..

I can't imagine there being many seats open still considering that the Facebook group has over 100 people in it. What was the number of seats available? 83?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I got the call right before 3pm today. I was at work, called right back and was informed by Ancajas that I got accepted!

I am so grateful and will be be putting my deposit down tomorrow.

Also I am IS.

Woohoo!! I'm so happy for you. Awesome, awesome news.

I can't imagine there being many seats open still considering that the Facebook group has over 100 people in it. What was the number of seats available? 83?

No idea how many spots are left but a ton of people in the fb group are current students

No idea how many spots are left but a ton of people in the fb group are current students
Yeah that's true, I didn't really consider that.

From what I heard, not a ton of seats left. It just depends on how many people put down a deposit on this last major wave of acceptances.

Question: is a deposit only necessary if we want to "secure" our seat, or do we have to put one down even if we've accepted the offer?

Question: is a deposit only necessary if we want to "secure" our seat, or do we have to put one down even if we've accepted the offer?
You have to pay it. It goes towards tuition though.

EDIT: if I were accepted yesterday, am I only required to mail the second deposit of $1,000?

I had to call them this morning and they gave me all that information. They said that once you receive the acceptance package in the mail, it will have all the info!

I had to call them this morning and they gave me all that information. They said that once you receive the acceptance package in the mail, it will have all the info!

First - the initial deposit is for 750 which is due by march 1st to reserve your seat.

The second deposit of 1k is due by April 1st.

The packet will have your immunization forms, and a couple pages for you to sign. Just the student conduct form and the form to officially accept the offer.

The last thing is your eye exam form.

Then the acceptance page, housing packet, and misc couple pages.

I picked it up from the school today at 10am and paid my deposit.

Yeah the Facebook group is full of current students and faculty, regarding seats expect a shake up and extra acceptances around April, since some students hold multiple deposits!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah the Facebook group is full of current students and faculty, regarding seats expect a shake up and extra acceptances around April, since some students hold multiple deposits!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Would they send an acceptance to somebody on the waitlist who already has an acceptance/deposit elsewhere?

Would they send an acceptance to somebody on the waitlist who already has an acceptance/deposit elsewhere?
Maybe. I think it was in April when AADSAS allowed schools to see where you have deposits at. So it's always a possibility to get off the waitlist before that. After April you can always write a letter of intent saying you would drop the other program for theirs.

Hello all,
I called the office this morning and was informed to call back and check in March...
She told me there's another meeting in March and there's still 30 slots left as now.
I wasn't accepted nor denied yet.

Is anyone in my situation??
:(:nailbiting::shy:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Hello all,
I called the office this morning and was informed to call back and check in March...
She told me there's another meeting in March and there's still 30 slots left as now.

30 slots is a lot more than I expected...but that's more chances for us! Good luck everyone!

Edit: Did you ask about OOS/IS seats?

30 slots is a lot more than I expected...but that's more chances for us! Good luck everyone!

Edit: Did you ask about OOS/IS seats?

Oh... No, I didn't ask about OOS/IS...
but I'm OOS...

Weren't there 58 deposits before these last acceptances? It's hard to see how that number went down to 52 since then.

If I were planning on purchasing a house around UNLV, what are some good safe locations around the school? 10-20 minutes away if possible. Thanks

If I were planning on purchasing a house around UNLV, what are some good safe locations around the school? 10-20 minutes away if possible. Thanks

We have been looking at buying around 215 and Durango south, summerlin, or green valley. We are trying to purchase for 150k or under to keep the mortgage as low as possible.

Those are the quieter and nicer areas of town, that will hold their value and have good public schooling for the kids.

Its also only a 20-25m drive if there is no traffic

We have been looking at buying around 215 and Durango south, summerlin, or green valley. We are trying to purchase for 150k or under to keep the mortgage as low as possible.

Those are the quieter and nicer areas of town, that will hold their value and have good public schooling for the kids.

Its also only a 20-25m drive if there is no traffic

Is... there traffic in the morning going to school tho? ahaa

Is... there traffic in the morning going to school tho? ahaa

Depends on when you leave for school! If you have a class at 9 and leave at 8:30 yeah there might be some traffic. I leave around 7:15 for an 8:00 class and I get to school around 7:35. There is quite a bit of construction on the freeways around school but I'm not sure when that is supposed to clear up so that's obviously a factor.

Hello all,

I'm right there with you! Good luck and lets hope there is some movement next month. Are you OS or IS?

Hey guys, when will UNLV give us information on the school schedule; as in orientation, the school year calendar (class schedule, etc.)?

I'm also curious as to whether we'll get time off during certain times of the year (e.g., holidays).

Hey guys, when will UNLV give us information on the school schedule; as in orientation, the school year calendar (class schedule, etc.)?

I'm also curious as to whether we'll get time off during certain times of the year (e.g., holidays).

You'll get more information next month when the next packet comes. Fall semester is done mid December and starts again a few days after New Years. Then spring goes from early January to mid April with a week of spring break. And then summer is early may to mid August. And then fall starts again mid September.

Are there certain applicants that UNLV prefer? I'm considering applying to this school this coming cycle so I'm curious. For example I know some schools like students with a heavy volunteering background, some like research, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Are there certain applicants that UNLV prefer? I'm considering applying to this school this coming cycle so I'm curious. For example I know some schools like students with a heavy volunteering background, some like research, etc.

They definitely like people with high quantity and quality volunteer experiences. Their school has a very community-focused culture and curriculum. But most definitely they appreciate research, shadowing, and nice EC's. But the biggest one is almost guaranteed volunteering. I was fortunate enough to be interviewed and accepted and they really focused on how important that is to the school.

UNLV like people who care about the community and well rounded person instead of straight A academic but nothing else going on in their life.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just turned down my acceptance. Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone gotten their second acceptance package yet?