**The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Accepted on January 17th via email!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I know this thread is specific to dental acceptances but did anyone apply to the dual degree program for dental hygiene/dental therapy (BSDH/MDT) program? If so has anyone heard anything? The deadline is this Friday 1/20 and just wondering what the timeline to be notified for an interview and when acceptances start?? This is only the second year for this program so there isn't much information out there about it. I figured I would try on here too!

I know this thread is specific to dental acceptances but did anyone apply to the dual degree program for dental hygiene/dental therapy (BSDH/MDT) program? If so has anyone heard anything? The deadline is this Friday 1/20 and just wondering what the timeline to be notified for an interview and when acceptances start?? This is only the second year for this program so there isn't much information out there about it. I figured I would try on here too!
I think almost everyone here applied to the DDS program. You should email the school to get those questions answered.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just rejected an interview invite, good luck to anyone else waiting.

lol... Emailed the office of admissions, just trying to get some info and remind them that I exist.

Response: "We have completed interviews for this cycle, so you may wish to focus now on preparing to apply for the next cycle. Many who are accepted to the program are reapplicants."

I guess that counts as a rejection, but it is pretty ridiculous that they can't just communicate that upfront.

lol... Emailed the office of admissions, just trying to get some info and remind them that I exist.

Response: "We have completed interviews for this cycle, so you may wish to focus now on preparing to apply for the next cycle. Many who are accepted to the program are reapplicants."

I guess that counts as a rejection, but it is pretty ridiculous that they can't just communicate that upfront.

I'm not sure, but they're misleading you on the "we've completed interviews for this cycle" since the next interview date is tomorrow. They probably mean "we're done giving out invites".

I'm not sure, but they're misleading you on the "we've completed interviews for this cycle" since the next interview date is tomorrow. They probably mean "we're done giving out invites".

Yeah, that could be true. But that still means it's a likely rejection, and it does not change the fact that they're still leaving me (and many others) without clearly defined admissions decisions. In my opinion, just get it over with and quit leading me on.

Yeah, that could be true. But that still means it's a likely rejection, and it does not change the fact that they're still leaving me (and many others) without clearly defined admissions decisions. In my opinion, just get it over with and quit leading me on.
I didn't get an official rejection from them until May the year I didn't get in. They interviewed me in January and I didn't hear anything until my rejection. This can be pretty commonplace at schools. When I emailed though they were very quick at answering my questions.

Any current students know how much the school charges for shipping the buffered formalin containers? I know the pick up rate is $15 but if I get skewered on shipping, I my rethink my purchase. I know shipping any such material requires special DOT regulations so that might add to the cost. @SableFire ?

Any current students know how much the school charges for shipping the buffered formalin containers? I know the pick up rate is $15 but if I get skewered on shipping, I my rethink my purchase. I know shipping any such material requires special DOT regulations so that might add to the cost. @SableFire ?
No idea sorry!

$15 for everything. Called the other day.
Correct last year they shipped them for free. Plus a heads up they say to have your collected teeth right away but we have only used one so far so if you aren't able to get a bunch before school don't sweat it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what regional board UMN School of Dentistry provide on site? Is it WREB or NERB???
Thanks in advance~

Has anyone heard anything recently? It seems like they've been pretty quiet for a while now.

Has anyone heard anything recently? It seems like they've been pretty quiet for a while now.
It'll prolly be fairly quiet until some people get into their instate schools and then some later people will get accepted. Lot's of stuff will move to class facebook page.

How many teeth do we have to collect? I don't remember hearing anything about this at the interview.

Haven't heard a thing. I interviewed on 2/1 and figured we would have heard some news regarding their second session interview acceptances by now. At this point, maybe no news is good news.

If we haven't seen other people posting about recent acceptances, maybe they haven't sent any out.

Only time will tell!

I interviewed on 2/1 and was granted a waitlist position today.

How common is it for people to get off the waitlist here?

One of the D4s i met during the interview was a waitlistee. She said it was a low number but not unheard of for it to happen. Good luck.

How common is it for people to get off the waitlist here?

I was accepted off the waitlist. I was notified 4 days before my acceptance email that I was on the waitlist. They say the list is fluid. Hope that helps and good luck to you!

I was accepted off the waitlist. I was notified 4 days before my acceptance email that I was on the waitlist. They say the list is fluid. Hope that helps and good luck to you!
This gives me so much hope! Thank you!

What is the next step for taking out a loan once your fafsa has been submitted?

What is the next step for taking out a loan once your fafsa has been submitted?
Yes just wait. I believe last year I wasn't notified until summer for loans as they need to finalize all the tuition and fees prior to allocating loans.

Call from Kathy Ernst.Accepted today 11:52 from the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
GPA: 3.5 Science: 3.3
DAT: AA 22, TS 22, PAT 23

accepted this morning!!!! I still can't believe it!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited: Good luck to everyone else waiting!!

Reactions: 1 users
One of the D4s i met during the interview was a waitlistee. She said it was a low number but not unheard of for it to happen. Good luck.
One of my roommates got off the waitlist in August lol

Is there anyone who is doing summer research? If so, have you been notified of your research mentor?

What loupe company does the school have a contract with and what is the general consensus with them amongst your classmates? I am assuming the loupes are included in the first year tuition, but if you wanted extra magnifications + expanded view do you have to pay extra?

What loupe company does the school have a contract with and what is the general consensus with them amongst your classmates? I am assuming the loupes are included in the first year tuition, but if you wanted extra magnifications + expanded view do you have to pay extra?
None. Loupes are not provided you have a loupes fair in January of your first year where you can purchase loupes from about 4 or 5 different companies. Generally the expanded field loupes of 800-1000 extra when compared to regular loupes. Also loupes are not included in tuition. Generally the people that get expanded field loupes spend around 2000-2500 for loupes and light while those that don't get expanded pay 900-1300ish.