****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning on living at Munger too. I will bring my car. I want the freedom to be able to get groceries whenever I want, or visit my family. There are parking spaces near Munger that you can rent out.
Wait seriously, where?? I'd love to bring my own car too but I didn't know where parking was available. I checked on UMichigan's website and it said there are already waitlists for parking permits.
I thought parking is extremely limited?? Would you mind telling us where the parking places are/what's the pricing? Thank you!!

The thirst for parking spots is real hahaha

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I'm wondering if you guys know what the color of the scrubs for C/O 2021 is? And can we order scrubs from places other than the school's bookstore/scrubs store?

I'm assuming that our dress code is either business causal or scrubs. Thank you!

P.S. any advice on what to bring to Michigan would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I'm wondering if you guys know what the color of the scrubs for C/O 2021 is? And can we order scrubs from places other than the school's bookstore/scrubs store?

I'm assuming that our dress code is either business causal or scrubs. Thank you!

P.S. any advice on what to bring to Michigan would be greatly appreciated!

So to my understanding there is no scrub code other than the top and bottom have to match and the only "logos" allowed have to relate to UMSOD. The official Michigan scrubs are ordered for us this summer! (That's what a D2 told me). For myself, I'm going to buy like 4 or 5 basic pairs for the summer probably like black or blue.

So to my understanding there is no scrub code other than the top and bottom have to match and the only "logos" allowed have to relate to UMSOD. The official Michigan scrubs are ordered for us this summer! (That's what a D2 told me). For myself, I'm going to buy like 4 or 5 basic pairs for the summer probably like black or blue.

Thanks!! I'm getting 5 basic pairs as well then....;)

Reactions: 1 user

By order, you mean they'll be providing them to us? Also, any recommendations on where to buy scrubs?

By order, you mean they'll be providing them to us? Also, any recommendations on where to buy scrubs?
Not quite sure. I'm sure we will be paying for them in some way- somewhere in our "fees" or paying when we order them.

I spoke to some D4s. We pay out of pocket for the scrubs. The only difference is the schools sells scrubs with UM SOD logos. You can buy your scrubs from wherever though.

This reminds me... If you guys have any specific questions you want me to ask the UMich D4s, ill be working with them for another week until they go on vacation and the D3s start their rotations. I feel like I've already asked them all the questions I had, so if you guys think of a good one lmk.

Does anyone know if they started calling people off the waitlist? I know on April 1st all schools were notified of students who had multiple deposits paid and I was wondering if Michigan maybe gave their students a deadline to have a decision made before their spot was given to someone else.

This reminds me... If you guys have any specific questions you want me to ask the UMich D4s, ill be working with them for another week until they go on vacation and the D3s start their rotations. I feel like I've already asked them all the questions I had, so if you guys think of a good one lmk.

This might sound like a stupid question....but is there any code for shoes? Are we allowed sneakers? (I swear I'm not looking for excuses to buy more shoes...)

This might sound like a stupid question....but is there any code for shoes? Are we allowed sneakers? (I swear I'm not looking for excuses to buy more shoes...)
Im pretty sure its just closed toed shoes. Most of the dental students wear some type of running shoes. Your on your feet all day. Ill double check tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im pretty sure its just closed toed shoes. Most of the dental students wear some type of running shoes. Your on your feet all day. Ill double check tomorrow.

What are some useful things they've told you?

Does anyone know if they started calling people off the waitlist? I know on April 1st all schools were notified of students who had multiple deposits paid and I was wondering if Michigan maybe gave their students a deadline to have a decision made before their spot was given to someone else.

I guess we need to keep waiting. It's usually 15 days.

What are some useful things they've told you?
This summer semester is supposed to be really easy. We will have to take Histology but its pass/fail. Head and neck anatomy is the most important class, if you fail they will hold you back for the year. Its the weed-out class. Still, summer is supposed to be the easiest semester so we should take advantage of it and enjoy our time and hang out with classmates. Don't live anywhere too expensive because you won't have anytime to enjoy it. You'll be at the school or the library all the time. Try and do research early so you can cross it off the list. They gave me some tips on how to get out of paying for parking at school, tips on how to do restorations, and how to give shots. I honestly can't remember all the random things I've been told. Mostly, everyone keeps telling me to enjoy the time off before we start.

Reactions: 1 users
So I got the award summary at access.wolverine. Does everyone get the UMICH Dent Grant?

This summer semester is supposed to be really easy. We will have to take Histology but its pass/fail. Head and neck anatomy is the most important class, if you fail they will hold you back for the year. Its the weed-out class. Still, summer is supposed to be the easiest semester so we should take advantage of it and enjoy our time and hang out with classmates. Don't live anywhere too expensive because you won't have anytime to enjoy it. You'll be at the school or the library all the time. Try and do research early so you can cross it off the list. They gave me some tips on how to get out of paying for parking at school, tips on how to do restorations, and how to give shots. I honestly can't remember all the random things I've been told. Mostly, everyone keeps telling me to enjoy the time off before we start.

Thanks, hopefully we all pass head and neck lol.

Pass/fail sounds awesome for histology. I'm taking it in undergrad A-F right now and it's pretty difficult.

I'm taking Inorganic Chem II, and I'm dying right now. Half of it is basically solid state physics and electrical engineering.

Pass/fail sounds awesome for histology. I'm taking it in undergrad A-F right now and it's pretty difficult.
D4s told me everyone usually skips because its easy but the professor is supposed to be funny.

Does anyone know when we purchase loupes and instruments? I've heard it's sometime after the first semester, but I'm not sure.

I sent housing an email yesterday evening, waiting for a response but no, I haven't heard anything yet.
I hope they get to us soon. It would be nice having peace of mind knowing where I'll be living.

Not everyone was invited to pre-orientation, right?

No, I'm thinking of calling them, as its already late April. Also not from Michigan so I need to make sure my housing is all set ASAP!
Still no reply to your email? This puts people who need to find alternative housing in a tough spot.

Different question: Is anyone planning on getting a meal plan? Will I have enough time in school to cook my own food?
I'm not. I have a pretty particular diet anyway though.

My guess is we'll have time to make our own food. Quick breakfast before class, pack a lunch for the middle of the day, and then make dinner as a study break later on. Plus this is usually less expensive than a University meal plan, and you can buy exactly what you want.

Yeah, or you can peal prep on Sundays for 4 days of lunch meals (would recommend a slow cooker).

I feel like the meal plan is too expensive. I'd rather save money and meal prep Sunday for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.