****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they reject anybody that interviewed or did we all just get waitlisted

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

These hoops they make you go through just to agree to the waitlist. o_O

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone who interviewed got rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
When will next waitlist movement going to occur?

When will next waitlist movement going to occur?

I got an acceptance call yesterday so I don't think there will be a mass movement. I'm suspecting they just call when there is a spot open

Haven't posted on here before, but are any accepted guys looking to find a room mate?

Hi, I heard from my dentist that her school required her to collect teeth in a jar for dental school. I'm wondering if Umich requires this as well? I didn't see it anywhere on the website or admissions email. Thanks in advance!

Hi, I heard from my dentist that her school required her to collect teeth in a jar for dental school. I'm wondering if Umich requires this as well? I didn't see it anywhere on the website or admissions email. Thanks in advance!
Haven't heard anything about this from the school, so I wouldn't worry about it as of yet.

is there any background check requirement for admitted applicants? if there is then I must have missed it. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
is there any background check requirement for admitted applicants? if there is then I must have missed it. Thanks in advance!

I didn't get anything.

Waitlisted here but I got an email for a background check through Aadsas because of my acceptance to another school. Go through your email and double check. You might have missed it, or it might not have come to you as fast if you just recently got accepted. Hope this helps!

Waitlisted here but I got an email for a background check through Aadsas because of my acceptance to another school. Go through your email and double check. You might have missed it, or it might not have come to you as fast if you just recently got accepted. Hope this helps!

I did check my emails and I don't see anything. I also received an email regarding background check but it was for another school that I got in.

I did check my emails and I don't see anything. I also received an email regarding background check but it was for another school that I got in.
Michigan doesn't require a background check

Got the acceptance call today. :) I was at the January 20th interview and was waitlisted.

Reactions: 6 users
This is hard to do but I am turning down the offer I got last week! I'm IS so someone IS will hopefully be getting a call this week. :)

Going to Penn instead... I am doing the military obviously or else I would be going here ha

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone is interested, I'm most likely signing at Parc Pointe Apartments. I'm deciding between a one or two bedroom, so send me a PM if you'd be down to talk about it.

There's free parking spaces, a washer and dryer in each apartment, and it's right on the bus line into campus if needed. They're also renovating the cabinets as an added bonus. You can move in June 1st too.

Hey bud, how much are you seeing 1BR apartments for at Parc Pointe?

Last edited:
Just to let anyone know if they're interested, I signed at Huron Towers. They have some pretty decent studios, and close to campus.

I just applied for Munger. Do you know the likelihood of getting in?
Found this from the facebook group regarding living there: "It looks like most people in our cohort actually applied late march as well and I believe everyone who wanted a room in our year actually ended up getting a room. Students from all the grad schools stay on for different lengths of time depending on their program so people are always moving out as well. I'd say just apply as early as you can!"

Found this from the facebook group regarding living there: "It looks like most people in our cohort actually applied late march as well and I believe everyone who wanted a room in our year actually ended up getting a room. Students from all the grad schools stay on for different lengths of time depending on their program so people are always moving out as well. I'd say just apply as early as you can!"
Great! Looking forward to moving in. I was sketchy about roommates but after speakig to a few dental students they've said that D1 and D2 is so intense that you really just need to a place to eat, sleep, and shower. You'll be at the school the rest of them time.

Just wondering if any of you know if the financial aid award process is done? I saw a change in the summary page but the loan amount is def not enough to cover the tuition/fees/living costs of the year.....
Sorry if it's a dumb question, but it's technically my first time applying loans with FAFSA on my own....

Just wondering if any of you know if the financial aid award process is done? I saw a change in the summary page but the loan amount is def not enough to cover the tuition/fees/living costs of the year.....
Sorry if it's a dumb question, but it's technically my first time applying loans with FAFSA on my own....
I don't even have anything under the summary page. Did you guys already recieve award letters?

Any of you planning on bringing your car to Umich? I'm not sure if I'll use it often and if a small compact Japanese car would survivor the winter... :/

Any of you planning on bringing your car to Umich? I'm not sure if I'll use it often and if a small compact Japanese car would survivor the winter... :/
Since I'm planning on staying in graduate housing, there isn't any parking available so I'm just going to use zipcar if I ever need to drive somewhere. Keeping a car would definitely be more of a hassle in the winter when you have to dig it out of snow

I'm thinking about it as well. Have you got your living accommodations figured out yet??

I'm planning on living at Munger too. I will bring my car. I want the freedom to be able to get groceries whenever I want, or visit my family. There are parking spaces near Munger that you can rent out.

I'm planning on living at Munger too. I will bring my car. I want the freedom to be able to get groceries whenever I want, or visit my family. There are parking spaces near Munger that you can rent out.
Wait seriously, where?? I'd love to bring my own car too but I didn't know where parking was available. I checked on UMichigan's website and it said there are already waitlists for parking permits.

I thought parking is extremely limited?? Would you mind telling us where the parking places are/what's the pricing? Thank you!!

I thought parking is extremely limited?? Would you mind telling us where the parking places are/what's the pricing? Thank you!!

Wait seriously, where?? I'd love to bring my own car too but I didn't know where parking was available. I checked on UMichigan's website and it said there are already waitlists for parking permits.

You can get parking from a 3rd party. Spaces near Munger seem to be selling for ~110 per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.