2018 **** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the format of the interview is? It was a panel interview with 2 people last year, does anyone know if it's the same? I can't get ahold of the admissions office. I'm interviewing on the 26th of this month! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was sent the confirmation email for the interview 2 days ago but not the video interview email. Should I contact them or does it come a few days after the confirmation email?

I was sent the confirmation email for the interview 2 days ago but not the video interview email. Should I contact them or does it come a few days after the confirmation email?
check your spam thats where mine was

No interview (yet?), but I noticed my status went from "None" to "Received/Under Review" sometime today. It's nice to see something actually change for once.

Reactions: 3 users
How long did u receive after your appt confirmation?
So I got my interview invite and then got my kira invite the next day. Emailed to confirm for the in person interview and got a confirmation the day after. I did my kira interview after all was confirmed

Hey, so when I submit the 100$ fee for the background check, they took 100 from my bank account. I checked a few days later and there was 100$ back into my bank account. Has this happened to anybody?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody knows if we can carry our backpack to interview and store it at the front desk?

How'd the interview go for those who went today? What you think of the school/faculty?

How'd the interview go for those who went today? What you think of the school/faculty?
It was pretty chill but still the ethical questions were kinda hard. Good school, friendly faculty and students. Good luck, my Roger fan.

Nice to hear! I'm sure you both did well :))

Does anybody know how many people UDM interview before dec 1? And how many people they usually accept out of that?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wow too many interviews for small class size. Thank you everyone for info

How many interviews do they send out before dec 1 from previous years? Anybody know?

For those who had an 8am interview, around what time did the entire interview day finish? Trying to figure out some flights... thanks!

For those who had an 8am interview, around what time did the entire interview day finish? Trying to figure out some flights... thanks!

We were done by 1 so I would get a flight around 5 to be safe. If you're returning a car rental then 6.

Good Afternoon,
I submitted my app June 22.
My status for the AADSAS website says Received/Under Review for UDM. Also, I received confirmation for my secondary app.
I have an overall GPA of 3.68 and sGPA of 3.5. My DAT was not as high as I expected: AA 18 TS 18 PAT 17 RC 21
I am involved in the pre-dental club and I am secretary of the student council. I am an active member of ASDA and ACS.
I have a lot of volunteer work at UDM Dental as well as attending informative events like workshops, programs, and conferences.
I was a research student for two years and now hold a position as senior research associate.
Lastly, I shadowed and eventually got a dental assistant position.
I would like to know your opinions in regards to my possibility of getting an interview and being accepted.

Good Afternoon,
My status for the AADSAS website says Received/Under Review for UDM. Also, I received confirmation for my secondary app.
I have an overall GPA of 3.68 and sGPA of 3.5. My DAT was not as high as I expected: AA 18 TS 18 PAT 17 RC 21
I am involved in the pre-dental club and I am secretary of the student council. I am an active member of ASDA and ACS.
I have a lot of volunteer work at UDM Dental as well as attending informative events like workshops, programs, and conferences.
I was a research student for two years and now hold a position as senior research associate.
I would like to know your opinions in regards to my possibility of getting an interview and being accepted.
I think your best bet is to contact each school you're applying to and ask them what they think. Most of us on these forums are applying this cycle so it's pretty hard for us to chance others when we haven't been accepted yet ourselves.

For the background check fee, does Certiphi initially withdraw an amount from your bank account, and then issue a certain amount of refund after the check is complete? They charged me a lot more than the amount people have listed in this thread, so I was wondering..

soooo i scheduled my flight the exact day hurricane irma plans to hit south fl... lol

Reactions: 2 users
Hello dear SDN s who has interview on 9th/sep @8:00 am ? Can't wait to see you all. Little overwhelmed though. I'm not % confident that I am ready

Hello dear SDN s who has interview on 9th/sep @8:00 am ? Can't wait to see you all. Little overwhelmed though. I'm not % confident that I am ready

i have an interview on the 9th but at a later time

Reactions: 1 users
For those with 10:30 am interviews, what time do you plan on getting there?

Does anyone know if the minimum DAT score of 19 in each section is a hard/set on stone rule, or do they make exceptions ?
I called them regarding the minimum score and the lady on the phone said that it's for the science sections. I was worried cus I had an 18 in RC, but It worked out alright and I received my interview this morning. However I was on the general interview/acceptance thread earlier and saw a person with 18TS (20AA, 20+ PAT, 22 RC) getting an interview. So I don't even know how legit that DAT minimum thing really is lol.

Good Afternoon,
Your DATs are too low for UDM imo. Check their website for minimum DAT requirement, or even better call them.

Why so early? I think I'll be there 10 at the earliest, probably realistically around 10:15 or 10:20

probably to cool off some nerves lol. I'll be going to mine around 25 min early.

I called them regarding the minimum score and the lady on the phone said that it's for the science sections. I was worried cus I had an 18 in RC, but It worked out alright and I received my interview this morning. However I was on the general interview/acceptance thread earlier and saw a person with 18TS (20AA, 20+ PAT, 22 RC) getting an interview. So I don't even know how legit that DAT minimum thing really is lol.
Scored a 17 bio / 19 TS and have an interview this weekend :)

Interview #1! Exciting
School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 9/6
Method of notification: email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/15
Application complete date: 8/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.08, 3.27
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/21/25/none

What are all my Florida residents doing? Are you guys still flying out tomorrow or what? My flight just got cancelled today so I don't think I'm going to make it unless I drive 20 hours to Detroit.

What are all my Florida residents doing? Are you guys still flying out tomorrow or what? My flight just got cancelled today so I don't think I'm going to make it unless I drive 20 hours to Detroit.

Let them know, I'm sure they will understand and accommodate you. Stay safe!

my flight there didn't cancel, i fly out tomorrow morning out of FLL.

my flight back however.... is cancelled lol. i'll be stranded in detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.