**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says underlined in bold just to email them if you are NOT interested in being on the alternate list.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
oh snap, i just replied and told them that i wanted to remain on the alternate list (despite the bold). hope that doesn't look bad!

Members don't see this ad :)

oh snap, i just replied and told them that i wanted to remain on the alternate list (despite the bold). hope that doesn't look bad!
I definitely wouldn't worry about it haha. Nothing wrong with showing continued interest regardless, IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
this is what it says in email:
If you wish to retain your status as an alternate candidate for the DDS Class of 2021, we do not require a deposit, but you must confirm your alternate status by responding to this email to:xxx, stating that you would like to remain on the alternate list

Reactions: 1 users
UDM usually sends out waitlist emails and acceptance calls at the same time. If the applicants from January interview got their waitlist emails today, the acceptance calls would've also been made today, since that didn't happen would UDM still accept people in the next few weeks?

this is what it says in email:
If you wish to retain your status as an alternate candidate for the DDS Class of 2021, we do not require a deposit, but you must confirm your alternate status by responding to this email to:xxx, stating that you would like to remain on the alternate list
Ah my email is different. I got that email in early December and I just got another email stating to respond only if you don't want to be on the waitlist anymore.

You reply to CONFIRM your spot on the alternate list if you you JUST got on the list today.
If you were on the list before today, you ONLY reply if you don't want to stay on the list anymore.

Some people are getting mixed up.
Yep this is what's going on.

UDM usually sends out waitlist emails and acceptance calls at the same time. If the applicants from January interview got their waitlist emails today, the acceptance calls would've also been made today, since that didn't happen would UDM still accept people in the next few weeks?

I'm thinking they're checking who's interested before making the acceptance calls.

Those who interviewed last week are being put on the waitlist so they are being sent a different email. This who interviewed before December are being asked if they want to remain on the waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There should be some acceptances Thursday or Friday

There should be some acceptances Thursday or Friday
This is your one shot, you know. If there are no acceptances sent out tomorrow or Friday you are officially a FRAUD!

BUT, if there are, then you are all knowing.

Reactions: 3 users
This is your one shot, you know. If there are no acceptances sent out tomorrow or Friday you are officially a FRAUD!

I'm just doing my best to keep everyone informed mate. I might be wrong sometimes but I hope not. I should be mostly right

In defense of Freddent, would UDM send out 280 acceptances on December 1st and 2nd if the cycle changed erratically every year?

UDM knows that the majority of those accepted will decline the offer every year, and although there are gradual changes in the cycle, they are not by any means profound. Probably Freddent is correct that the vast majority of movement on the waitlist will not occur until March/April.

In defense of Freddent, would UDM send out 280 acceptances on December 1st and 2nd if the cycle changed erratically every year?

UDM knows that the majority of those accepted will decline the offer every year, and although there are gradual changes in the cycle, they are not by any means profound. Probably Freddent is correct that the vast majority of movement on the waitlist will not occur until March/April.
I'm just giving him a hard time mostly. According to past years and what you explained, yes I fully believe the waitlist moves heavily in March/April.

By the looks of the 2021 FaceBook group, it looks like about 100 students have accepted the offer, which leaves about 40 spots.

Since UDM had to offer 280 acceptances to fill up 100 spots, it seems like the ratio of offers to acceptances for Dec. 1st and 2nd is about 1:2.8

Assuming the ratio of offers to acceptances is the same for wait-listed students, that means we can estimate that UDM will accept another 112 students (40 x 2.8 = 112).

I doubt that the ratio of offers to acceptances is the same for the wait-list as it is for the December 1st and 2nd acceptances though.

Interesting fact: according to my math, a total of 392 students should be accepted in total for this cycle (112 + 280). Last year, 391 students were accepted in total. This probably means that my math is not far off.

By the looks of the 2021 FaceBook group, it looks like about 100 students have accepted the offer, which leaves about 40 spots.

Since UDM had to offer 280 acceptances to fill up 100 spots, it seems like the ratio of offers to acceptances for Dec. 1st and 2nd is about 1:2.8

Assuming the ratio of offers to acceptances is the same for wait-listed students, that means we can estimate that UDM will accept another 112 students (40 x 2.8 = 112).

I doubt that the ratio of offers to acceptances is the same for the wait-list as it is for the December 1st and 2nd acceptances though.

Interesting fact: according to my math, a total of 392 students should be accepted in total for this cycle (112 + 280). Last year, 391 students were accepted in total. This probably means that my math is not far off.
In the 100 students there's like 15 admins/current students tho so just saying. Awesome calculation though.

In the 100 students there's like 15 admins/current students tho so just saying. Awesome calculation though.
And even some of those 100 current students will drop in April so in reality only about 50 seats have been actually taken

Yeah the group has 110 people, so I estimated down to 100 (there are also 144 spots in total, not 140).

Last edited:

Just thought I'd share I have some data from the ADA based off 2014-2015 that shows UDM made 363 offers.

i guess no acceptances rolling out today LOL Mr. I Know All Things

Where do you find this number?? I want to know what it is for Nova southastern
It's from the official guide by adea for this current year. I think there's one on SDN but you can buy it and keep it forever for like $10/$15

i guess no acceptances rolling out today LOL Mr. I Know All Things
I guess not, but they could be reviewing applicants on the waitlist to make sure they send out the right acceptances

I guess not, but they could be reviewing applicants on the waitlist to make sure they send out the right acceptances
Do not say I know all things from now on then giving people unofficial informations because only the committee or Dr. Jeffers have the credibility to use those words. Even if you are a re-applicant, you are just making guesses based off last year trends, but do you wear the same clothes (same date) that you wore last year.

Do not say I know all things from now on then giving people unofficial informations because only the committee or Dr. Jeffers have the credibility to use those words. Even if you are a re-applicant, you are just making guesses based off last year trends, but do you wear the same clothes (same date) that you wore last year.
Ouch. thats a little harsh haha he was just trying to help!

I understand, but I do know most things, and I do wear the same closets same date last year

lol but please quit trolling. it is only giving false hopes

At the interview tho they told us the waitlist was ranked based on high priority... and Dr Jeffers would make calls as spots open based on the order of the List. This email says the list isn't ranked..

The waitlist is not ranked--it's categorized/grouped. At the interview Dr. Jeffers told us that they group everyone into different categories based on things like grades, extracurriculars, ethnicity, where we live, etc. If they need to fill a spot, they'll pull someone from a category on the waitlist most similar to that person so that the demographics are kept consistent.

Where do you find this number?? I want to know what it is for Nova southastern

Actually it was from one of these: http://www.adea.org/data/students/
if you expand the pre-doctoral section.

I don't recall exactly which one so I looked for you. For Nova the data from 2014-2015 shows that they made 337 offers. For 122 seats.

The adea online guide that you pay for has mistakes because it shows for Nova:
-interviewed 327 instate, accepted 67
-interviewed 29 out of state, accepted 53 <---- notice a problem?

According to the Super Bowl acceptances can roll out at anytime

The Fb grouop increased by like 13 people very recently..acceptances?

The Fb grouop increased by like 13 people very recently..acceptances?

It only increased by 2 members; probably people who had already been accepted and recently joined, or current students.

Actually it was from one of these: http://www.adea.org/data/students/
if you expand the pre-doctoral section.

I don't recall exactly which one so I looked for you. For Nova the data from 2014-2015 shows that they made 337 offers. For 122 seats.

The adea online guide that you pay for has mistakes because it shows for Nova:
-interviewed 327 instate, accepted 67
-interviewed 29 out of state, accepted 53 <---- notice a problem?
Thank you! Much appreciated:)

Hello guys, for anyone thats been accepted have they received a second package yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.