**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

I know a friend who just got in today, not everyone uses SDN

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thats great news, at least the waitlist is moving.
Is you friend in state? and also do you happen to know the range of his/hers stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone happen to know approximately how many people are on the waitlist?

I also declined my acceptance recently
Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for declining UDM's acceptance? i know you got into another school, but did you just get accepted or was there a deadline to decide?

Just called admissions and it seems like 10 spots have opened up and Dr. Jeffers has already been calling people to fill the spots. Then the students have a week to make their decisions.

Reactions: 1 users
Just called admissions and it seems like 10 spots have opened up and Dr. Jeffers has already been calling people to fill the spots. Then the students have a week to make their decisions.

You da real mvp

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for declining UDM's acceptance? i know you got into another school, but did you just get accepted or was there a deadline to decide?
I got into my top choice school and i got in here recentlybut decided to decline

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know an accurate measure of the current size of the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
They said it's not done until the first day of classes.

Did any of y'all received the grade update letter for winter/spring terms?

I sent a lot of emails to Dr. Jeffers to show continued interest, but nothing yet.

Did you received a letter from Ms. Carol to send your transcript though?

Carol told me that there are 3 seats available and Dr. Jeffreys will be calling when he gets back.

Received a call from Dr. Jeffers last week, sent him an email today to decline the offer, hope it goes to someone worth it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Received a call from Dr. Jeffers last week, sent him an email today to decline the offer, hope it goes to someone worth it. Good luck!

Good luck to you!

cmon dr jeffers. I need your call!!!

anyone know how many are on waitlist?

i just called and they said the class was full. where is everyone getting their information from? who said there were 3 spots available?

They get full and as some students drop, seats become available. It's a very dynamic process from what I understand. So when a few seats opened up and by the time you called, they could've filled those seats

Sent from my iPhone

It was an email from Carol on may 4th regarding three spots. It might have already been filled. So idk

Spoke to Ms Carol today. She said admittedly that waitlist is still big and movement is very slow. With that being said, there are currently 5 offers out right now waiting on deposit.

Hey guys I called UDM today and was told that no calls were made this week Dr. Jeffers was out of the office until today.

Does anyone know when the Canadian dental schools make their acceptance offers?

Other than Canadian students, is all of the major waitlist movements over, then?

Does anyone know when the Canadian dental schools make their acceptance offers?

Other than Canadian students, is all of the major waitlist movements over, then?
Majority of the Canadian school dent's offers are over as far as I know because the results were out in mid April.

Majority of the Canadian school dent's offers are over as far as I know because the results were out in mid April.
Yepp and unlike amercian dental schools, they send out all acceptances at once (it's not rolling admissions)

received an email from carol asking whether I want to stay on the WL.
Looked like same email I got months ago.

Little update for those of you waiting anxiously.

Carol emailed me for a fall semester grade update(even though that was already sent in in january) . She said they were reviewing. Not sure if they have a seat open or just getting ready for the next one becoming available.

Hopefully this means the list moves and someone gets in.

what update? so why are they sending to particular applicant?
I just finished some extra classes this spring and I voluntarily wanted to update Ms. Carol with transcript. I am assuming the applicant who received the email is competitive and near the top of the stack. Who knows though...

Carol replied to my question regarding available seat.
She just said she's just doing what she's supposed to do, updating files in February, and then again in May.
So this may not really mean much, unless I was the only one received it.

Well, that was a nice dream :)