****The Official University of Colorado Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worth it to apply if you are not a colorado or WICHE resident? 3.54 sGPA/ 3.7 oGPA/ 20 AA/21TS...and great ECs/letters.

Members don't see this ad.

I received an interview last week (8/22). I have called Hans Broers (the person indicated to contact) several times within the past week. I have gotten his answering machine every time, have left two messages, and still have not heard back. Anyone else experiencing this??

I received an interview last week (8/22). I have called Hans Broers (the person indicated to contact) several times within the past week. I have gotten his answering machine every time, have left two messages, and still have not heard back. Anyone else experiencing this??
Are you in-state or OOS? Could you share your stats please?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview! They're interviewing the whole month of September for those wondering.
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats and residency? And when you say whole month, do you mean they are interviewing every single day? Are there any specific days that are no longer available?

got an interview yesterday!
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: June 30th
GPA (science, overall): 3.50, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24,24,22,22,N/A

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview!

Method of notification: Email

Residency: Texas

AADSAS mail out date: July 7th

sGPA: 3.23, oGPA: 3.48

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 20/20/21/23

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone from the east coast receive an interview invite? It seems like interviews are being given out from west to east for non OOS and non Wiche applicants.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone from the east coast receive an interview invite? It seems like interviews are being given out from west to east for non OOS and non Wiche applicants.
I am wondering the same thing. I am east coast too

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations everyone! You guys about to be part of the most supportive school in the nation.
AMA lol

Received and scheduled (I left a voice mail which they confirmed the next day) a couple days ago!

Residency: Wisconsin

I haven't received any emails from Colorado, besides an automated one saying that my fee was paid. On ADEA AADSAS it says my colorado app is under review. Anyone else have this issue?

I haven't received any emails from Colorado, besides an automated one saying that my fee was paid. On ADEA AADSAS it says my colorado app is under review. Anyone else have this issue?
I would say that is not out of the norm. I haven't received any email since that one either and my application has been under review for awhile as well.

I'm from NC and I haven't heard anything either. It's been under review for months. I have interview from Michigan Minnesota Louisville ECU and Marquette but none from CO which is where I applied first
When did you hear from Marquette?

Can anyone give any info about how the interviews are here?

Can anyone give any info about how the interviews are here?
It is about half a day and consists of a dental school tour, a presentation by the admissions committee, two 30-min open-file interviews and lunch with students, although not in that order. The entire event and the interviews themselves are generally pretty laid back and not stressful (although there are some interviewers who are a little bit more intimidating than others). I just graduated from there and volunteered to help with interviews the entire 4 years I was there so feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Reactions: 2 users
It is about half a day and consists of a dental school tour, a presentation by the admissions committee, two 30-min open-file interviews and lunch with students, although not in that order. The entire event and the interviews themselves are generally pretty laid back and not stressful (although there are some interviewers who are a little bit more intimidating than others). I just graduated from there and volunteered to help with interviews the entire 4 years I was there so feel free to ask me any questions you have.

i read this on the school's website under "How are interviews done at the Colorado School of Dentistry?" and it threw me off a bit even though it says "some schools"......

"At some schools, you will also be evaluated on your ability to work with groups. To do this, you will be placed in a group of 8-12 other candidate, and asked to come to consensus on a problem you will be presented. You will be evaluated on your ability to contribute, how well you listen, how well you compromise if necessary, etc. You cannot prepare for this aspect of the interview. Don't try."

Is this a thing? Why even point it out otherwise?

i read this on the school's website under "How are interviews done at the Colorado School of Dentistry?" and it threw me off a bit even though it says "some schools"......

"At some schools, you will also be evaluated on your ability to work with groups. To do this, you will be placed in a group of 8-12 other candidate, and asked to come to consensus on a problem you will be presented. You will be evaluated on your ability to contribute, how well you listen, how well you compromise if necessary, etc. You cannot prepare for this aspect of the interview. Don't try."

Is this a thing?
I hope so! This actually sounds super fun!

Is this a thing? Why even point it out otherwise?
Good question. They aren't doing that as far as I know, but last time I talked to someone on the admissions committee, since they had just gotten a new dean of admissions, they were looking to switch things up. That could be why things seem delayed as well and why some of you haven't heard back. I wouldn't be surprised if that is one of the things they are switching to. Could be group activities/interviews (although I hope they don't do group interviews). Could be MMIs. Could be just about anything, but whatever it is, hopefully they make things more efficient.

Are you sure it's open file? My email said it would be closed file, but there was some other incorrect info in it so maybe this is also untrue.

Are you sure it's open file? My email said it would be closed file, but there was some other incorrect info in it so maybe this is also untrue.
That could be another change that they are making, but since the time I interviewed 5 years ago until this past year, it has been open file.
What other information was incorrect?

Got the invite today 20 til 8 with these dates...The available interview dates are Saturday, September 30 and October 2, 6, 9, 16, 20, 23, 27 and 30. hope this helps and good luck to everyone!

Got the invite today 20 til 8 with these dates...The available interview dates are Saturday, September 30 and October 2, 6, 9, 16, 20, 23, 27 and 30. hope this helps and good luck to everyone!
Sorry. 20 til 4 pm EST

That could be another change that they are making, but since the time I interviewed 5 years ago until this past year, it has been open file.
What other information was incorrect?

Hmm now I'm really curious! My interview is tomorrow so I guess I'll let you guys know. Oh just about some forms to bring/email, so nothing monumental.

Interview #2
School: Colorado
Notification date: 9/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
Application complete date: 8/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.80 sGPA/ 3.84 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/20/none

Hey everybody, I had my interview yesterday and thought I'd mention that it is closed file, and no group interviews! :) good luck to everyone interviewing!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everybody, I had my interview yesterday and thought I'd mention that it is closed file, and no group interviews! :) good luck to everyone interviewing!
So is it just the same as the past few years where you have two interviews? Except this time both are closed files?

So is it just the same as the past few years where you have two interviews? Except this time both are closed files?
Yes, you'll have two half hour interviews and both are closed file.

I submitted the app early but it shows that my file is still under review. Does this school have rolling admissions? For those of you that received an interview invite, what were your stats (GPA, DAT, volunteering hours, extra-curriculars, etc)?

First interview!
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: KS
AADSAS mail-out date: August 25
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18,20,21,19

About how many applicants interviewed with you?
I was studying in a room and saw around 10 people walking back and forth lol.
Last year was around 10-15 people. They are hosting big group next saturday the 30th.

Has anyone status on aadsas change to check back on dec. 1st? I saw someone posting in the main interview thread that their status changed to check back on dec. 1st without an interview invite. Has anyone who have receive an interview invite/interviewed also have the same status change? Mine still says under review.

Has anyone status on aadsas change to check back on dec. 1st? I saw someone posting in the main interview thread that their status changed to check back on dec. 1st without an interview invite. Has anyone who have receive an interview invite/interviewed also have the same status change? Mine still says under review.

Mine still says under review too. I'm not sure why yours changed back to December 1st, that's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.