****The Official University of Colorado Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted735879

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else gotten an email saying they received your application/pay for the $25 application fee BUT you have not submitted your application yet???? :eyebrow:

Has anyone else gotten an email saying they received your application/pay for the $25 application fee BUT you have not submitted your application yet???? :eyebrow:

I got an email saying "your application is currently being evaluated and additional communications will be forthcoming" I also had to pay the 25$ application fee. Did anyone else receive that same email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email saying "your application is currently being evaluated and additional communications will be forthcoming" I also had to pay the 25$ application fee. Did anyone else receive that same email?

Yes, that is the same email I got but I did not submit the ADEA AASAS app yet....

Yes, that is the same email I got but I did not submit the ADEA AASAS app yet....

That's weird, Maybe contact them? Does everyone receive that email after applying to the school? I thought it meant they were interested, not that they received it :(

me too

That's weird, Maybe contact them? Does everyone receive that email after applying to the school? I thought it meant they were interested, not that they received it :(

yeah everyone gets that email, basically you have to pay the application fee just for them to look at your application, then if they're interested they'll send you a supplemental application

Ugh that's unfortunate, this is such an investment of money just to apply. Has anyone heard from Colorado yet??

Yes, it was accidental. They followed up with a correction email later.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are trying to start interviewing earlier this year. They want to have the first ones in August instead of September.
Oh that's nice! If you don;t mind me asking, how did you find out? & so the first wave of interviews should be going out soon?

Oh that's nice! If you don;t mind me asking, how did you find out? & so the first wave of interviews should be going out soon?
Should be. I'm a recent grad and am pretty close with one of the admissions people. We were at an ASDA predental event together last week and he was talking about how they wanted to start interviewing earlier this year and threw that out as their hopeful timeline.

Should be. I'm a recent grad and am pretty close with one of the admissions people. We were at an ASDA predental event together last week and he was talking about how they wanted to start interviewing earlier this year and threw that out as their hopeful timeline.

Oh nice that's good to know. Thanks for letting us know and congratulations on your graduation!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are they using the AADSAS status updates? Has anyone received an email saying they've received their application?

Are they using the AADSAS status updates? Has anyone received an email saying they've received their application?

I haven't received anything since paying the fee about a week and a half ago, just a confirmation of payment.

Have most people been applying to both the main campus and colorado springs or just one? Also does it look bad to not select the rural or urban tract?

Have most people been applying to both the main campus and colorado springs or just one? Also does it look bad to not select the rural or urban tract?

This is for the dental program! Not sure if you're in the correct thread.

Good luck yall!

Reactions: 1 users
Never really check AADSAS so I don't really know when this changed but it says under review right now!

Never really check AADSAS so I don't really know when this changed but it says under review right now!

Did you send in the supplemental information yet? Or have you gotten an email with the supplemental information?

Did you send in the supplemental information yet? Or have you gotten an email with the supplemental information?

No I only paid the $25 fee. Also in their email they said, "Any additional supplemental application materials will be requested only if you are offered an interview." So you only get additional stuff when you get an interview!

Sorry if I misled anyone with my earlier comment about them starting to interview earlier this year. That is what they said, but after having thought about what is going on at the school a little bit more, I wanted to fill you guys in to set you at ease a little bit if you haven't heard back yet.
There has been a number of changes at the dental school over the past year which will probably delay things for this cycle. They have a new dean of admissions, the previous admissions coordinator retired, they started a new program for incoming first year students to help them transition better into the lab courses which is being run by some key people on the admissions committee, orientation for new students is next week which also involves some key people from the admissions committee, AADSAS made some big changes which might take some getting used to for schools, Colorado changed some of their application requirements (adding the $25 fee that you guys were talking about), they are trying to change the format of the interview slightly, and they are also probably going to overhaul how they process applications (this last one is more of a guess based on my conversations with some admissions committee members). So, even though they wanted to start interviewing earlier this year, in reality, they will probably either stick to the same timeline or even possibly be slightly delayed due to all of these changes.
Like I said in my last post, I'm a recent grad so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if I misled anyone with my earlier comment about them starting to interview earlier this year. That is what they said, but after having thought about what is going on at the school a little bit more, I wanted to fill you guys in to set you at ease a little bit if you haven't heard back yet.
There has been a number of changes at the dental school over the past year which will probably delay things for this cycle. They have a new dean of admissions, the previous admissions coordinator retired, they started a new program for incoming first year students to help them transition better into the lab courses which is being run by some key people on the admissions committee, orientation for new students is next week which also involves some key people from the admissions committee, AADSAS made some big changes which might take some getting used to for schools, Colorado changed some of their application requirements (adding the $25 fee that you guys were talking about), they are trying to change the format of the interview slightly, and they are also probably going to overhaul how they process applications (this last one is more of a guess based on my conversations with some admissions committee members). So, even though they wanted to start interviewing earlier this year, in reality, they will probably either stick to the same timeline or even possibly be slightly delayed due to all of these changes.
Like I said in my last post, I'm a recent grad so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
This doesn't really relate to admissions, but I was wondering what you thought of your experience at Colorado? What did you really enjoy, what do you wish was done differently, etc?

Hey guys. I was having a conversation with @cooliyak the other day about whether Colorado prefers certain states over others. Anyways, here's what I found for the most recent class (numbers are from ADEA Dental School Explorer):
OOS students enrolled: 28
Place of residence: AK-1, AZ-5, CA-3, FL-2, HI-1, IL-1, MA-1, MT-4, ND-2, NM-2, OH-1, TX-2, UT-1, VA-2

Hey guys. I was having a conversation with @cooliyak the other day about whether Colorado prefers certain states over others. Anyways, here's what I found for the most recent class (numbers are from ADEA Dental School Explorer):
OOS students enrolled: 28
Place of residence: AK-1, AZ-5, CA-3, FL-2, HI-1, IL-1, MA-1, MT-4, ND-2, NM-2, OH-1, TX-2, UT-1, VA-2
This is what they said at our interview last year: 60% IS, 20% WICHE, 20% OOS.

This doesn't really relate to admissions, but I was wondering what you thought of your experience at Colorado? What did you really enjoy, what do you wish was done differently, etc?
I actually really enjoyed my time in Colorado. The environment at the school fit my personality and lifestyle pretty well. School is hard and can suck pretty bad no matter where you go. There are exciting parts and ways to enjoy yourself and something great about Colorado is that they allow you to do that more than other schools do. I was able to work hard in school and then find some passions outside of that to make my quality of life way better like snowboarding, traveling, ASDA, etc. Also, the ACTS program is the best thing in the world. I would not be able to graduate and go straight into practice without it.
Something that I wish was done differently was how the clinic is run. I don't think there is really a perfect system, but it could have been done a lot better while I was there. They were also in the process of changing it and I've talked to a lot of students who are still there and it seems to have improved significantly already so I don't know if that's even something you would have to worry about anyway.

Last edited:
No I only paid the $25 fee. Also in their email they said, "Any additional supplemental application materials will be requested only if you are offered an interview." So you only get additional stuff when you get an interview!

How did they notify you to pay the 25$ fee? Did they send you a separate email with instructions? I'm an OOS and submitted by AADSAS app but haven't received anything on how to pay the $25. I want to make sure I didn't miss any step in the process. My AADSAS app just says "Under Review".

How did they notify you to pay the 25$ fee? Did they send you a separate email with instructions? I'm an OOS and submitted by AADSAS app but haven't received anything on how to pay the $25. I want to make sure I didn't miss any step in the process. My AADSAS app just says "Under Review".

I received an "automated" email from Colorado 5 days after submitting my application towards the 3rd week of June. The email didn't say this was a secondary application but rather a $25 application processing fee.

Is anyone else's application say under review? Mine just changed from no decision to under review but my DAT scores aren't in yet? Do you think it's too late to take it? I'm panicking now :(

Is anyone else's application say under review? Mine just changed from no decision to under review but my DAT scores aren't in yet? Do you think it's too late to take it? I'm panicking now :(
I sent in my application but havent yet taken my DAT. Taking it at the end of the month, so i guess it'll just be sent to AADSAS straight after. I dont think its too later, its only august. When did you want to take the DAT?

I sent in my application but havent yet taken my DAT. Taking it at the end of the month, so i guess it'll just be sent to AADSAS straight after. I dont think its too later, its only august. When did you want to take the DAT?

Well I applied like the 2nd day the application opened and I figured I would of taken it by now, I planed too at the end of July anyway but I just can't afford the 500$ to take it. Hopefully by the end of August but I heard they are already doing interviews in August. What does your status say on the portal?

Well I applied like the 2nd day the application opened and I figured I would of taken it by now, I planed too at the end of July anyway but I just can't afford the 500$ to take it. Hopefully by the end of August but I heard they are already doing interviews in August. What does your status say on the portal?
mine says 'under review'

Did you turn in your DAT yet? Does everyone's application go to under review?

Did you turn in your DAT yet? Does everyone's application go to under review?
I havent yet taken it, but I guess it just says under review because they've received it but wont really consider it further until my DAT scores come through. What does yours say?

Orientation for our class ended yesterday, so they will probably start reviewing yall apps soon.
Stats for C/O 2021: DAT avg around 19.5 GPA 3.6.
Good Luck everyone!

I havent yet taken it, but I guess it just says under review because they've received it but wont really consider it further until my DAT scores come through. What does yours say?

Received/ Under review so I just have to knock out this test..... I'm so nervous to take it. Has anyone heard anything yet who applied?

Received/ Under review so I just have to knock out this test..... I'm so nervous to take it. Has anyone heard anything yet who applied?
Me too! Using SDN has ironically makes studying for the DAT a little worse. Theres too much hype and its slightly overwhelming at times lol

Me too! Using SDN has ironically makes studying for the DAT a little worse. Theres too much hype and its slightly overwhelming at times lol

Right!! When do you plan to take it? I keep worrying myself reading acceptances / denials for people with GREAT scores and GPAS.

Right!! When do you plan to take it? I keep worrying myself reading acceptances / denials for people with GREAT scores and GPAS.
The end of this month! Honestly I know I'm replying to this now (so therefore I'm on here lol) but unless I have a specific science question I'm avoiding reading people's breakdowns because the amazing scores overwhelm me lol

Understandable! Lol. How are you studying for this? I bought the 2017-2018 Kaplan book

Understandable! Lol. How are you studying for this? I bought the 2017-2018 Kaplan book
ive been using the DAT Destroyer, and Bootcamp mostly. For Bio ive been using Cliff's AP book/Feralis! If you're not yet using the DAT Destroyer, I definitely recommend it!!

Did anyone receive an email from U of Colorado this morning like I did? It almost looks like another automated email saying they recieved the app from ADEA and that it was being evaluated but it was from a different dean this time with no mention of a fee or anything.

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone receive an email from U of Colorado this morning like I did? It almost looks like another automated email saying they recieved the app from ADEA and that it was being evaluated but it was from a different dean this time with no mention of a fee or anything.

I got the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.