THE OFFICIAL UNE ONLINE COURSE THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForensicOdontology

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I know that there are around a hundred random threads regarding the UNE online science prerequisites for health professions, so my hope is that from now on we can use this thread to aggregate all of that info into one easy to access place.

Please, if you have a review of a course, or questions regarding individual courses, teachers, requirements, or anything informative regarding the UNE online prerequisite courses, feel free to post it all here so we don't have to go rummaging through years old information.

I would ask that if you have a review, please leave the course number and semester and year taken, so that those reading have an idea of how up to date the reviews are.

Thanks,
Best!
Karla

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
UNE Online: BIO 1, Fall 14' Final Grade: A Final Exam:92

As an update, I just finished up BIO 1, am finishing up CHEM1 here in the next cpl weeks, and am about 3 weeks into Physics 1 -- all are Fall 14' courses.

BIO1 wasn't too bad. I got a 92 on the final, which was proctored through Proctor U, and that should give me an A overall in the class. There was moderate study required, but nothing crazy. I work full time as a resident services coordinator, and the course was manageable even with my 40+hr work week. The quizzes and exams were all very straight forward, and the material on the quizzes and exam was all covered in the lesson plans -- there weren't many surprises or random questions that made me go, "Wth?". Definitely do the readings, they help out big time. Homework is strongly based on the readings and it does help prep you for the quizzes a little, but the reading is a must if you're planning on doing well.

Great idea! Any feedback/review from those who have taken General Chemistry 1 would be extremely appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone taking Orgo I now? would love to be in touch with a fellow classmate to help eachother out! :)

Great idea! Any feedback/review from those who have taken General Chemistry 1 would be extremely appreciated.

I'm taking CHEM1 now -- I'm about halfway through, but decided to take a break from it to focus solely on BIO1. I finished up BIO1 last week, so this week I'm going to pick back up where I left off.

CHEM1 is a bit tougher than my BIO1 experience at UNE Online. The course is very "problem based". Homework is assigned, but not mandatory, however, it's pretty much impossible to do well on the quizzes without having done the homework problems. There are also labs of most of the 14 modules. The labs will require you to set aside a large space in either your kitchen, or on a dining room table or floor to complete. The labs are ordered via an external supplier, and are shipped to you within the first week of you starting class. The quizzes are moderately difficult, but not impossible so long as you read the required materials, and do the homework -- I know I'm repeating myself, lol, but it's worth repeating.

I'd say that the work load is moderate, but not too much so long as you dedicate a few hours a week to it (4-6hrs). If you are a self starter and self motivated, the course shouldn't be too difficult, however, if you require motivation, that may be an issue, as you will have to maintain a pretty consistent pace given that the experiments will take time to complete.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best!
Karla

This is my reply to one of the previous UNE Biochem threads:

I just finished the course (Spring-summer of 2014) and thought I'd offer my thoughts in addition to everyone else's.

If you're shooting for an A, I would say the class is pretty tough. If you only need to pass for a prereq, it's not bad at all. I ended up with a B+ and tbh didn't really put my best effort into it. I dragged it out for way longer than I needed to though, which I wouldn't recommend. Initially I started while finishing up UG, which wouldn't have been a problem if I had known the best way to study for this class.

My suggestion on how to study:

-Watch all the lectures for the module once. Don't take notes or really worry about understanding. Just see the material and take in what you can.
-Take the module pre-quiz to see what types of questions are going to be asked about the material. (Book questions can be a good source, but I stopped doing those about halfway through).
-Watch the lecture again while taking notes and re-watching difficult parts.
-Making flash cards and drawing out pathways on a whiteboard helped me with quite a few of the modules.
-Go to the book for a deeper understanding if desired (I did this earlier on, but stopped near the end of the second unit).
-If you really really feel uneasy about the material, watch the lectures a 3rd time (I generally didn't do this)
-Take module evaluation. Copy and paste the results in a word document so you can have those questions for practice later.

Repeat for all modules in a unit

-Before a unit exam, review notes, re-watch all lectures, and retake all pre-module quizzes for that unit. This is especially daunting for unit 1, but I felt like it really helped (plus the lectures really aren't that long).
-Take the practice test for the unit, and review the answers thoroughly.
-Take the unit exam.

Repeat

If you haven't guessed, I felt like 95% of what you need to know is right in her lectures. They're short and sweet, so take advantage of that. The other 5% of material is stuff that I wouldn't have known no matter how much time I spent on the material (even in the book) because it was some BS detail question. I felt like the book was overflowing with detail and it became easy to lose sight of what was important for that chapter/module. If you want a deeper understanding of biochemistry than is required for the class, the book is awesome. I started that way, but near the end just wanted to hurry up and be done.

Overall I really really liked the class. I loved how you addressed medically relevant situations as well, which is something my UG biochem class didn't. I would definitely recommend, especially if you just need it as a prereq and aren't trying to keep a gpa high.

Good luck to anyone in the future!

Halfway through Biochemistry, currently holding an A. We will see if that lasts ...lol. The class is not bad, everything you need to do well is provided you just need to stay focused, which can be hard because there is a ton of detail.

Reactions: 2 users
For the record, UNE's biochem is incredible. I wish I still had access to the old lectures, as some were better than the ones I have received in medical school in regard to ease of understanding and depth.

Reactions: 5 users
Halfway through Biochemistry, currently holding an A. We will see if that lasts ...lol. The class is not bad, everything you need to do well is provided you just need to stay focused, which can be hard because there is a ton of detail.
What is the course structure like? Is it mainly modules and quizzes? And what is the grade breakdown like? Is it another "the final is 70% of your grade" situation, like my CHEM 1 class?

Thanks!

What is the course structure like? Is it mainly modules and quizzes? And what is the grade breakdown like? Is it another "the final is 70% of your grade" situation, like my CHEM 1 class?

Thanks!
There's an evaluation at the end of every weekly section that is worth 20% of your grade. At the end of every Unit there is an exam. Unit 1 and 3 exams are 30% of your grade and Unit 2 and 4 exams are 60% of your grade. Exams 2 and 4 are proctored online, someone watches you via webcam.
You have the option to retake unit 2 or unit 4 exams but only one of them not both. Units 1 and 3 are also online and "closed notes, closed book" exams that are not proctored.

Unit 1 is a beast! It's ridiculously long and has tons of information but each unit after is less weekly however with much more content; if that makes sense.

Thanks!
Chem 1 final is worth 70% of the entire grade? What?

Members don't see this ad :)
is it possible to get a copy of the course syllabus for the biochem class? if someone would be willing to send that to me that would be very helpful in my decision making. I'm not sure if you could send it through SDN, but if PM me I will give you my e-mail address.

Also, if anyone has the physiology or microbio that would be helpful as well, but mostly looking for biochem.
Thanks!

I am active duty military looking at applying to med school. I currently hold a BS, an MS, and a DSc degree but all in an allied health field so I have to retake my hard science pre-reqs. Anyone know if UNE online classes are viewed more favorably than a CC course? With my schedule and rural location my options are limited. If most pre-reqs are completed at UNE online, any chance I can be competitive with a strong MCAT? I understand some schools accept online and others don't. Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has been accepted to med school with a similar situation.
The online prerequisite courses at UNE are fully accredited and accepted by most DO schools (I've called and confirmed, personally) and one even questioned why they wouldn't be.

I am in the same situation. I hold a Masters Degree in Forensic Science, but need to take all of my prerequisites at UNE. Being that they are fully accredited, and offered by a four year university (and since there is no way to distinguish them from on campus classes -- both on the transcripts, and the DO central application) I've been told that they are view more favorably than CC courses -- UNE also has its own DO school, which bodes well in its favor, regarding these courses.

Reactions: 1 user
..I've not been accepted (as I haven't applied), but there are individuals on SDN that have been accepted, after having taken UNE online classes.

I had a question about whether there is any financial aid for the classes or if it it pretty much out of pocket pay?

I had a question about whether there is any financial aid for the classes or if it it pretty much out of pocket pay?
There is no financial aid available through the University -- I took out personal school loans through Discover.

The online prerequisite courses at UNE are fully accredited and accepted by most DO schools (I've called and confirmed, personally) and one even questioned why they wouldn't be.

Curious---did you speak to NYiT? Because according to their website:

6. Do you accept online courses for the pre-requisite coursework?
No, all pre-requisite coursework must be completed at an accredited institution.

Which to me doesn't make sense for two reasons: (1) Online coursework doesn't imply your institution is unaccredited and (2) You can't even tell from some transcripts if a person is taking the class online or in-person.

OK so I think I'm pretty well suited to talk about UNE. I took Chem 1 and 2 online with them.

I got a B+ in both lecture classes and an A and A- in labs respectively. As mentioned the finals are heavily weighted...however your module quizzes count for the rest . It's incredibly easy to ace quizzes (or at least get mostly A's). Your lab quizzes are very easy and you can find a lot of answers in the lab manual. I've know of people who never performed a single lab..or only performed a single part of a lab to get a single answer.

The final however, is no joke. You get a lot of time, but the questions are often problem heavy. That said there are others that can be pulled directly from the text...which you can use during the final.

I averaged low B or high C on my finals and with my quiz grades plus curve (yes they curve) I ended up with a B+. That said, I have a 3.8 over my last 90 hours, as well as having A's in every science class during that time (orgo1/2 included) and these were the only classes I couldn't ace.

Also as an fyi... nyit does not take online classes. A few others don't as well but the vast majority do and I had multiple interviews and acceptance this past cycle.

Has anyone taken the physiology or anatomy classes? I would really like to know if they are incredible difficult. I need physiology for grade replacement and anatomy will be a new class for me.

Has anyone taken the physiology or anatomy classes? I would really like to know if they are incredible difficult. I need physiology for grade replacement and anatomy will be a new class for me.

Way too much effort than its worth, I studied for physiology endlessly for months using whatever I could possibly memorize from both the lectures and mostly the textbook and still couldnt pull a B. The grade is based on 4 unit exams including a nonculmulative final and the online lab software. Specific course benchmarks are given for each module and are essentially study guides, although I personally felt like I needed to put in much more effort than using just the benchmarks to conceptually grasp the material comfortably (probably in vain). The positives include its convenience, no deadlines, that you have plenty of time to complete the course, and the labs as well as every other aspect of the class ran smoothly. Still, I'd avoid and take it somewhere else it if at all possible.

I took the Medical Physiology course online. I wouldn't say it was really difficult, but I was surprised that it was harder to get an A in this class than in Biochemistry. I felt like some of the physiology exam questions were confusing or from future chapters in the book. I did not like that I was not able to see what I missed on the exam.

I just finished OchemII with a 96%, thought I'd share my thoughts since no one in this thread has mentioned that particular class yet.

The class was kind of a joke honestly, I started on March 18th and took the final April 8th. The only reason it was 3 weeks instead of 2 is because they ask that you give a week's notice when you register for the proctored final exam. The content of the class is divided up between 6 modules of spectroscopy and 8 modules of watered down biochemistry. The end of chapter quizzes were almost entirely taken from an old chem webpage from another university, which I only stumbled upon on the 2nd to last quiz because one of the questions was so poorly written I had no idea what the answer was and threw the whole thing into Google.

That being said, the few questions that do come straight from the book are pretty bad, and by that I mean they are scientifically wrong, or at best half-truths. For example, There was a question that asked, "Which of the following changes in a DNA molecule may have no effect on the protein for which it codes?" and changing the first, second, or third base in a codon were all options for the answer (The correct answer was the third base of a codon). I missed this question and tried to reason with the instructor, I tried to explain to her (With examples) that changes in either of the first two codons may also result in no effect on the protein. She told me that I was right, but, "Changes in the third codon will NEVER effect the protein, and that can't be said for the other two," and that is what the question meant. I sent her more examples of changes in the third base of a codon can result in coding for a different amino acid, etc etc, fast forward 12 emails (literally) and it has become abundantly clear that she doesn't actually understand the concept we're discussing. Finally she tells me that if my grade comes down on the line between two grades she'll consider giving me the point. Apparently my percent in the class was going to determine how DNA works.

The final itself was less frustrating than the quizzes, but only because by that point I had figured out that if a question was strange or had strange answers it meant that it came straight from the book and I just had to look up the key terms in the index until I found the right sentence in the chapter. They give you 4 hours to answer 100 multiple choice questions, I think I did it in an hour and a half, and I double checked all but a handful of questions by looking the up. If you have the class slides and the book in front of you when you take the final you should be fine, even if you have to look up every answer. (They claim you won't have time to do that, but if you can take the MCAT with nothing but a pencil and paper in 3.5 hours, you can take this test with all your notes in 4 no problem.)

All this negative aside, I would recommend UNE to anyone who needs to do some grade replacement, it's a REALLY easy A, and if you have time everyday or time every few days and a strong biochem background, you can knock it out in no time flat. I really hope that the negative parts of this class are just due to the fact that the book and instructor for the course were both lacking, because I have heard nothing but good things from the other courses, and am planning on taking a few more to get my GPA up to something competitive.

This has been quite the long post/rant, but if anyone has any specific questions on something I didn't touch, feel free to ask.

Reactions: 8 users
OK so I think I'm pretty well suited to talk about UNE. I took Chem 1 and 2 online with them.

I got a B+ in both lecture classes and an A and A- in labs respectively. As mentioned the finals are heavily weighted...however your module quizzes count for the rest . It's incredibly easy to ace quizzes (or at least get mostly A's). Your lab quizzes are very easy and you can find a lot of answers in the lab manual. I've know of people who never performed a single lab..or only performed a single part of a lab to get a single answer.

The final however, is no joke. You get a lot of time, but the questions are often problem heavy. That said there are others that can be pulled directly from the text...which you can use during the final.

I averaged low B or high C on my finals and with my quiz grades plus curve (yes they curve) I ended up with a B+. That said, I have a 3.8 over my last 90 hours, as well as having A's in every science class during that time (orgo1/2 included) and these were the only classes I couldn't ace.

Also as an fyi... nyit does not take online classes. A few others don't as well but the vast majority do and I had multiple interviews and acceptance this past cycle.
Do you have any further tips for the final? Was the final similar to quiz questions or was it more difficult?

@Ker2010

-The final was very comparable to the quizzes, if you did okay on them you should be fine for the final. Most of the questions were taken directly from the same pool of questions the quizzes are generated from, so you will see some repeat questions.
-Having the slides on hand should be enough to get you through the questions related to the first 6 modules. I didn't buy the supplement packet with all of the spectroscopy stuff and still manged to look up everything I needed to from the slides.
-I would suggest that if you have to look something up for a question don't try to find it by flipping through the chapter, just look up whatever the question is about in the index so you know exactly what page to flip to.

@reaperx58
-Awesome! Thank you so much. I got into pharmacy school and I am completing this last course so I need all the help I can get.
-I have been doing well on the quizzes (8's and 9's), but I just keep stressing about the final since its 70% of the grade.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely prepare well for the final. I am taking it in June.
Thanks.

Do you have any further tips for the final? Was the final similar to quiz questions or was it more difficult?

Final was similar to quiz questions (maybe a hair harder)..and also with a higher percentage of calculation questions.

Best advice I can give, have all of your notes very well organized in front of you. I'm a very fast reader/skimmer and was able to find ~50% of all the final answers directly from the text. I think you have something like 3.25 minutes per question...so if you can locate the section of your book quickly, you have a fair shot at finding the answer directly in the text.

On the last point...take key words/ideas from the question and use the index to locate things in the book. Doing this makes taking this final so much easier.

Final was similar to quiz questions (maybe a hair harder)..and also with a higher percentage of calculation questions.

Best advice I can give, have all of your notes very well organized in front of you. I'm a very fast reader/skimmer and was able to find ~50% of all the final answers directly from the text. I think you have something like 3.25 minutes per question...so if you can locate the section of your book quickly, you have a fair shot at finding the answer directly in the text.

On the last point...take key words/ideas from the question and use the index to locate things in the book. Doing this makes taking this final so much easier.
Thank you so much for the advice! I feel much better. I will be taking the final in June and I am starting to study for the final! Thank you for the advice. I will definitely have everything on hand and organized thanks.

I had a similar experience while I was calling DO schools. I'm pretty sure it was Nova Southeastern that i spoke to and they almost laughed when I asked. They didn't say it outright, but I definitely got the impression that they were thinking "what kind of question is that, of course we do".

I just finished OchemII with a 96%, thought I'd share my thoughts since no one in this thread has mentioned that particular class yet.

The class was kind of a joke honestly, I started on March 18th and took the final April 8th. The only reason it was 3 weeks instead of 2 is because they ask that you give a week's notice when you register for the proctored final exam. The content of the class is divided up between 6 modules of spectroscopy and 8 modules of watered down biochemistry. The end of chapter quizzes were almost entirely taken from an old chem webpage from another university, which I only stumbled upon on the 2nd to last quiz because one of the questions was so poorly written I had no idea what the answer was and threw the whole thing into Google.

That being said, the few questions that do come straight from the book are pretty bad, and by that I mean they are scientifically wrong, or at best half-truths. For example, There was a question that asked, "Which of the following changes in a DNA molecule may have no effect on the protein for which it codes?" and changing the first, second, or third base in a codon were all options for the answer (The correct answer was the third base of a codon). I missed this question and tried to reason with the instructor, I tried to explain to her (With examples) that changes in either of the first two codons may also result in no effect on the protein. She told me that I was right, but, "Changes in the third codon will NEVER effect the protein, and that can't be said for the other two," and that is what the question meant. I sent her more examples of changes in the third base of a codon can result in coding for a different amino acid, etc etc, fast forward 12 emails (literally) and it has become abundantly clear that she doesn't actually understand the concept we're discussing. Finally she tells me that if my grade comes down on the line between two grades she'll consider giving me the point. Apparently my percent in the class was going to determine how DNA works.

The final itself was less frustrating than the quizzes, but only because by that point I had figured out that if a question was strange or had strange answers it meant that it came straight from the book and I just had to look up the key terms in the index until I found the right sentence in the chapter. They give you 4 hours to answer 100 multiple choice questions, I think I did it in an hour and a half, and I double checked all but a handful of questions by looking the up. If you have the class slides and the book in front of you when you take the final you should be fine, even if you have to look up every answer. (They claim you won't have time to do that, but if you can take the MCAT with nothing but a pencil and paper in 3.5 hours, you can take this test with all your notes in 4 no problem.)

All this negative aside, I would recommend UNE to anyone who needs to do some grade replacement, it's a REALLY easy A, and if you have time everyday or time every few days and a strong biochem background, you can knock it out in no time flat. I really hope that the negative parts of this class are just due to the fact that the book and instructor for the course were both lacking, because I have heard nothing but good things from the other courses, and am planning on taking a few more to get my GPA up to something competitive.

This has been quite the long post/rant, but if anyone has any specific questions on something I didn't touch, feel free to ask.
Thanks for your post. Is this the only teacher for Ochem 2? I'm retaking a C so getting an A would be nice.

Thanks for your post. Is this the only teacher for Ochem 2? I'm retaking a C so getting an A would be nice.

Rowe is the only prof for Ochem2, but don't let that stop you from taking the course!

So long as you accept that inside the context of this course the book/lecture are infallible you will have no problems. All of my issues with the course came from trying to reason with her about wrong/stupid questions, and let me tell you that is a futile effort.

Rowe is the only prof for Ochem2, but don't let that stop you from taking the course!

So long as you accept that inside the context of this course the book/lecture are infallible you will have no problems. All of my issues with the course came from trying to reason with her about wrong/stupid questions, and let me tell you that is a futile effort.
Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'm going to go for it. Does she teach Ochem1 as well or is it only Manyan? I looked him up on ratemyprofessor and he is hated there.

Do you know of Touro CA or Touro NY or Westernu COMP accept UNE courses? I am looking to retake ochem and biochem atm. But this one school costs 2200 just ochem with lab.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'm going to go for it. Does she teach Ochem1 as well or is it only Manyan? I looked him up on ratemyprofessor and he is hated there.

Looking at their registration page, it looks like Manyan is the only ochem1 prof. I didn't take UNE's ochem1 so I can't speak for him personally, but it looks like the ratemyprofessor score is based on a single rating.

For what it's worth, there's a bit of discussion about the class here: http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/index.php?/topic/11129-une-org-chem/

Do you know of Touro CA or Touro NY or Westernu COMP accept UNE courses? I am looking to retake ochem and biochem atm. But this one school costs 2200 just ochem with lab.

Touro NY for Health Sciences does, I applied there using UNE'S Orgo I with no problems
If you have any additional questions about the course feel free to message me
Also, I hope this isn't against the rules to write here, but I have the course materials for sale too :)

DAE find it interesting that the Ochem II course at UNE has no reaction questions in the quizzes? The textbook has reactions so I find this a bit contradictory. For those who wrote the UNE Ochem II final, did you have to do any synthesis, retrosynthesis or predict the products/reagents on the final?

DAE find it interesting that the Ochem II course at UNE has no reaction questions in the quizzes? The textbook has reactions so I find this a bit contradictory. For those who wrote the UNE Ochem II final, did you have to do any synthesis, retrosynthesis or predict the products/reagents on the final?

Nope, the final uses the same pool of questions that the quizzes do. It's a bit different than a traditional classroom, but the idea of trying to use some chemdraw program to do a mechanism or some such would be a gigantic headache for everyone involved. The classes are designed as pre-reqs for health professionals after all, so they know we're not going to need to know exactly how to do problems so much as understand concepts.

Nope, the final uses the same pool of questions that the quizzes do. It's a bit different than a traditional classroom, but the idea of trying to use some chemdraw program to do a mechanism or some such would be a gigantic headache for everyone involved. The classes are designed as pre-reqs for health professionals after all, so they know we're not going to need to know exactly how to do problems so much as understand concepts.
That's exactly right -- that would be such a huge headache. If you don't mind, how did you decide what homework problems to do since Dr Rowe essentially says "do all of them or until you are comfortable?" I am going to do the in-chapter questions that she recommends but the end of chapter ones are too numerous for my taste. :D

The chem courses are open book/note? That's crazy. Biochem was proctored, closed book/note.

Before I start inquiring at each school, is there a list of DO schools that accept UNE online courses?

That's exactly right -- that would be such a huge headache. If you don't mind, how did you decide what homework problems to do since Dr Rowe essentially says "do all of them or until you are comfortable?" I am going to do the in-chapter questions that she recommends but the end of chapter ones are too numerous for my taste. :D

I didn't really do any end of chapter problems until I was reviewing from the final, and then I just read the question, gave an answer in my head, and looked at what the answer actually was. If I missed the question I spent a minute or two making sure I understood whatever concept the question was asking about then moved on. Doing that let me review the most material in the least amount of time. Obviously, and question that asks you to draw anything can be skipped over.

The chem courses are open book/note? That's crazy. Biochem was proctored, closed book/note.

The final is proctored. It's at the discretion of each professor to set up the format of the class I guess, I know I saw that the introbio courses actually have a proctored midterm as was as a final.

Were you allowed access to notes on your computer like they allow in OChem I?

From what I remember you can't access the internet while taking the final (basically you have to close everything but the proctoring program and the test page) but you can print out anything you want to reference and use that during the test. I printed out all of the power point slides and used the book on the final and ended up with a 94 or 95% can't remember which.

Were you allowed access to notes on your computer like they allow in OChem I?

Nope, like @Abraxas65 said, you can't have anything that can connect to the internet while taking the final. They use a screen sharing program to make sure you're not looking at anything but the test when you take it, and you have to show them your surroundings before you start.

Just print off everything you think you'll need and have it organized and you should be fine.

Have you ever heard of anyone using these Ochems for grade replacement? I think AACOMAS won't allow if they're a watered-down health professionals version.

Have you ever heard of anyone using these Ochems for grade replacement? I think AACOMAS won't allow if they're a watered-down health professionals version.

That's what I'm using them for. They are through UNE's COM, so I would certainly hope they are good enough. Even if they weren't through a COM, AACOMAS isn't going to dig into the syllabus of every course on your transcript (And even if they did they would just see typical ochem2 stuff) to see if it's watered-down or not. So long as your transcript reads Ochem2 they'll take it as Ochem2.

Reactions: 2 users

I am with @reaperx58 while I have not applied with UNE courses before I have heard good things from other people who have used them as retakes. I will be honest I probably wouldn't suggest this for the first time you take O chem but as a retake I believe it does a good job. I feel that the O chem II is pretty comparable in difficulty to the o chem II I took in undergrad it just emphasizes more biochem and less reaction mechanisms. In fact I felt I got a better understanding of spectrum reading from this course then I did from my original course.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have any experience with the genetics class?

Hey thanks for the thorough review. Taking the final next week. Did you do any of the spectroscopy practice problems or was it pretty straightforward? Also I read all the denniston chapters and did most of the pp's you think that would suffice? Thanks for the help!

Hey thanks for the thorough review. Taking the final next week. Did you do any of the spectroscopy practice problems or was it pretty straightforward? Also I read all the denniston chapters and did most of the pp's you think that would suffice? Thanks for the help!

I never bought the carey supplement, so the only problems I had were the handful in the HW docs she posted for the first 6 modules. So long as you have the PP on hand you should be fine. The questions are exactly like what was on the quiz, and in some cases may even be the exact same questions.