***The Official UNE Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I didn't get a call either :( and UNE was also my only interview. No post-December interviews yet as well, so I'm really bummed. I hope they extend more in the coming days.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who received the acceptance phone call - did your status change on AADDAS?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just wondering are the people who got accepted from new England or east coast ? What about the people with no calls ? I'm west coast

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm New England, interviewed in September and didn't hear anything :(

I'm the south, interviewed with the last interview group in November, no call.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I didn't get a call either :( and UNE was also my only interview. No post-December interviews yet as well, so I'm really bummed. I hope they extend more in the coming days.
I am the exact same way. I've lost all my hope

I've been accepted at my top choice, but I'm surprised UNE didn't call me. I thought my interview went really well. Anyways, this is a great program. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a call that I was accepted! I was part of the November 17th interview. Stay positive!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how late they call today? Congrats to everyone accepted!

First of all, congrats to everyone who got accepted. My question is, do they just call you without email notifications? I am travelling in Korea so I can't answer my phone nor access my tmobile voicemail. Did your status on AADSAS change or did they send you an email message with a phone call? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just can't do anything before I know what's going on :S

I've been accepted at my top choice, but I'm surprised UNE didn't call me. I thought my interview went really well. Anyways, this is a great program. Good luck to everyone!

Looks like I was accepted!! Just got the call from Dr. Ryder around 3:45PM. I was really impressed with this program. I'm confident that in a few years UNE will emerge as one of the best dental schools in the country.

What does it mean if we didn't get a call or a rejection?

A friend of mine (Currently in the UNE dental program) said that they continue to call or email individuals all the way into the summer if that offers anyone any comfort.

Doesn't look like they are sending out any more acceptances anytime soon

I received a missed call yesterday but got my acceptance letter today!

I was accepted Friday morning via email! Great school and interview experience but I do not think I will be attending - hopefully that will open up a spot for one of you guys!!

Thoughts about attending UNE if considering a specialty?

Also, I am wondering if the 4th year off-site rotations would allow us to learn just as much as being in the dental school clinic?

Thoughts about attending UNE if considering a specialty?

This was a big concern for me personally, because you would not have a GPA or a class rank included in your application for a speciality program and rather a holistic portfolio. I'm just not sure how competitive that would look for programs, considering UNE is a newer school (and their first class is currently applying for these specialty programs!), but that definitely depends on the type of student you are. Personally, I like receiving grades and feel confident that I would have a good GPA to include in my application, but other students might feel better represented by the portfolio that UNE would prepare for you.

But at the end of the day, as long as you are competent and motivated, you can make a specialty happen no matter what school you go to.

For those who interviewed, do they even send out rejections at this time? Waitlists? Anything? o_O Not a fan of this unknown :nailbiting:

This was a big concern for me personally, because you would not have a GPA or a class rank included in your application for a speciality program and rather a holistic portfolio. I'm just not sure how competitive that would look for programs, considering UNE is a newer school (and their first class is currently applying for these specialty programs!), but that definitely depends on the type of student you are. Personally, I like receiving grades and feel confident that I would have a good GPA to include in my application, but other students might feel better represented by the portfolio that UNE would prepare for you.

But at the end of the day, as long as you are competent and motivated, you can make a specialty happen no matter what school you go to.
Thanks! Definitely True! I don't remember but is UNE on a pass/fail or letter grading scale?

For those who interviewed, do they even send out rejections at this time? Waitlists? Anything? o_O Not a fan of this unknown :nailbiting:
I haven't heard anything either! Based on previous threads, we won't hear anything until mid January:(

Just received an email inquiring if I was still interested in their program.

Same but I got accepted by CASE so I'm not going to reply.
Why would you not reply? I think it would be a good idea to at least reply that you are not interested so that they know and other people can have a chance. :D

Got that letter I thought it was an acceptance letter , what a rollercoaster of emotions... lol but there is still hope for us all! good luck everyone

Did you all that received the email about if you were still interested already have an interview?

Why would you not reply? I think it would be a good idea to at least reply that you are not interested so that they know and other people can have a chance. :D
Good point haha it just says if you don't reply they will take it as not interested. I guess I should reply so things can keep moving.