***The Official UIC Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance thread***

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I am a D1 and created a group for you guys on Facebook, request to join if you have any questions about the school, get to know others, or anything else.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/577151075774042

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the acceptances future dental colleagues! I'm a D2 and the current Pre-dental chair of UIC ASDA chapter. I'd encourage you all to join the Facebook group @rperez22 made. Reach out to us with any questions you have about UIC. I look forward to meeting you guys in June :)

Last edited:
Congrats to those who were accepted yesterday:clap::clap: i know this isn't the end so give me some love UIC;) #nevergiveup

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview this Friday. I can't wait! I'm kind of nervous, thank you to everyone who posted advice. It all seems very helpful and I hope to meet you all in the fall:)

I have my interview this Friday. I can't wait! I'm kind of nervous, thank you to everyone who posted advice. It all seems very helpful and I hope to meet you all in the fall:)
Let us know how it goes and what kinda questions you're asked! My interview is Tuesday!

Does UIC give merit based scholarships to in state people? I do not remember if this was brought up on interview day!

Does UIC give merit based scholarships to in state people? I do not remember if this was brought up on interview day!

No merit-based scholarships as far as I'm aware of.

I'm wondering the same as Nutrition. Could you shed some light on the email for us? Thanks!

It was a waitlist email. My status on AADSAS changed as well to waitlist. We shall see what that means...probably won't hear any sort of update until someone gives up their seat in January.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let us know how it goes and what kinda questions you're asked! My interview is Tuesday!
Good luck! It went really well, my interviewer was very sweet and comforting. It felt more like a conversation that started with, "so tell me about yourself..". Just try not to stress, they are very welcoming!

If you were wait-listed, your chances of getting in are still good. Most people get multiple acceptances which will tie up seats. Once they choose a school those seats will open up.

Good luck everyone! I'll be most likely giving my seat up in a few days!

Reactions: 2 users
Got waitlisted on Dec. 3rd, and GOT ACCEPTED ON DEC. 18th!! So keep your heads up waitlistees!

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! I know it's a little early to start thinking about this for you guys, but I'm advertising this to your upperclassmen and thought maybe you would benefit from seeing it too, though I didn't want to request entrance to your facebook group. Would you please spread this information to any friends you think would be interested?

I have a mentor who graduated a few years ago from UIC (I go to Marquette) and he gave me his dentoform teeth and burs for Sim Lab. The teeth don't fit my dentoform because I have the other Columbia mode (they only make 2). I'm selling all of these materials for him instead. Since dentoform teeth go for about $2/piece, this is a deal since it includes the other materials. , I'm selling all the new teeth (134 teeth, details in picture album), the burs (113 of them), the sable brush, rubber dam retainers, and used dentoform teeth (you can do crown preparations on previously prepped and filled teeth) for $250 +shipping (from Milwaukee, WI). Anyone who is interested can contact me at [email protected]. Here are the pictures and details ()

Does anyone have an idea of when UIC sends out their final round of interview invitations? I've been accepted elsewhere, but I was really hoping to get in here.. Thanks!

I have an interview next week. Do you guys have any advice?

Are interview invitations still being sent out?

I emailed asking the same thing but haven't gotten anything back. I also emailed last week with my final grades from the Fall semester and Braulia said she would add this to my file...I'm really hoping that they send out some last interviews!

Does anyone know anything about how the class is filling up? Interviewed in the fall but have not heard anything...

Class is full all interviews are for waitlist position

Don't worry..

I guess technically every school is interviewing for waitlist spots now that the second wave of acceptance has been sent out

UIC is a pricey instate school to attend and on top of that im nervouse about the current financial state of illinois and the budget cuts that will soon follow...have there been rumors about tuition increases??

from what i can remember from the papers they gave us during the interview, in-state tuition is between $40,000-$50,000 for the first year, then around $70,000 for the following years.

Are they talking about what percent increase they are anticipating?

For those accepted, are any of you still deciding on other schools?
Ive decided SIU is a better fit for me, so I'm notifying UIC I won't be accepting their offer. Hopefully that gives someone else a chance!

Does anyone know if or when they will be making more acceptances?

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing here in March...what are the chances of acceptance for interviewing this late? I got waitlisted and rejected post ii in 2 other schools...this is pretty much my last shot :( I wanna kill it.

Interviewing here in March...what are the chances of acceptance for interviewing this late? I got waitlisted and rejected post ii in 2 other schools...this is pretty much my last shot :( I wanna kill it.
Are you talking about dental school or medical school?

Has anyone heard anything from UIC lately?? I interviewed in February and they told us we would hear back beginning to middle of March...

Has anyone heard anything from UIC lately?? I interviewed in February and they told us we would hear back beginning to middle of March...
I interviewed in Feb and haven't heard back yet either

Has anyone OOS been accepted? I interviewed in early Feb.

Anybody hear back yet?
I am OOS and interviewed in February. Around the end of March I emailed Ms. Feller just asking for an update and received a message back from her essentially asking for my continued patience - about a half hour later I got an email saying I had been waitlisted :/

Any OOS hear any better news??

Also, did anyone who received an acceptance but was wavering between schools get an email around April 1st giving them a deadline to decide?