****The Official UCSF Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knew it was a long shot anyway and I thought I was a good "fit." Guess not but you miss all the shots you don't take! We will all make it, eventually.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did they email you a rejection? I submitted my app back in June and haven't received an invite or rejection yet :0
I got the rejection email just an hour ago and seems like a lot of people as well so perhaps they sent out in batches? No news = good news I would say.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Needless to say I have been checking my email every 5 minutes :nailbiting: still no word

Needless to say I have been checking my email every 5 minutes :nailbiting: still no word
when did you get their email that your application is complete? because i think everyone hearing back today got theirs june 29th or earlier

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you get their email that your application is complete? because i think everyone hearing back today got theirs june 29th or earlier
On Monday (had to wait for DAT score, submitted everything else on June 9th). They probably didn't look at my app at all because I was missing the DAT I am guessing.

That is still so crazy to me that rejections happened this early, and especially since everyone seems to have really solid stats... Just out of curiosity and for future people stalking the thread, did those who got rejected (or accepted for that matter) have any research? I had ~2.5 yrs of pretty solid/impressive research so maybe that helps since supposedly UCSF is really research-focused?

Also, those who didn't get anything, I'd sit tight. They're probably just waiting and seeing what else rolls in. Silver lining I guess is that they're clearly not going to beat around the bush and lead anyone on for months

did those who got rejected (or accepted for that matter) have any research?

I started working with a professor on some research last semester and am still going over the summer, it's been a slow project and was started before I joined so I haven't published or anything, but I do have a full complete semester of research.

Last edited:
That is still so crazy to me that rejections happened this early, and especially since everyone seems to have really solid stats... Just out of curiosity and for future people stalking the thread, did those who got rejected (or accepted for that matter) have any research? I had ~2.5 yrs of pretty solid/impressive research so maybe that helps since supposedly UCSF is really research-focused?

Also, those who didn't get anything, I'd sit tight. They're probably just waiting and seeing what else rolls in. Silver lining I guess is that they're clearly not going to beat around the bush and lead anyone on for months
I was offered an interview today and had two years of clinical research completed at a pediatric hospital, but nothing published and no long-term wet lab research. Best of luck to anyone still waiting to hear back! :)

Its gonna be a long road people, no need to stress out too much now. I applied early July last year but didnt get my interview until mid-December

Its gonna be a long road people, no need to stress out too much now. I applied early July last year but didnt get my interview until mid-December
In your experience, if you applied early and haven't heard back, is that because they haven't gotten to your application yet or are they still deciding on what to do with you?

Good question. I'm guessing the latter

To give you guys an idea of my UCSF application timeline:
07/11/16 - AADSAS application submitted
07/22/16 - Supplemental application invite
08/25/16 - Got the "Your file is complete" email
12/8/16 - Interview invite
1/23/17 - Attended interview
02/03/17 - Acceptance

As you can see, there were 3.5 months between my file being complete and getting an interview. Some people will have a way better applications and these people will get interviews earlier. Then there will be people that are left hanging like me. Don't let the silence get to you. It aint over until you get rejected. Try to focus on other activities for now

Reactions: 3 users
Makes me wonder what makes them decide to give a denial early in the cycle instead of waiting to compare more applicants later.
Honestly I think they know exactly what they are looking for, so they don't feel the need to compare applicants now to ones that apply later. Also, A majority of people have already applied so they can see what most people's applications look like.

I only had a volunteer "research" position in a lab. I didn't conduct any of my own experiments, but rather just perform them for my P.I. I wouldn't count that as research. I feel like UCSF values community service heavily. Just look at their supp questions.

Got rejected as well... :/
4.0 GPA 21 AA

Best of luck to everyone else!

Got rejected from UCSF :/. Not a good start to the application cycle :(
Me too.. That hurts! :<
I just got rejected too, OOS applicant from Utah, 21 AA, 22 TS, 23 PAT, oGPA 3.49 sGPA 3.62. I'm a little surprised to get an early denial, but I guess they can't take us all haha. Makes me wonder what makes them decide to give a denial early in the cycle instead of waiting to compare more applicants later.
I got rejected as well.

Congrats and best of luck to everyone who made it! Really excited for you. :)

Stats: 3.63 oGPA, 3.55 sGPA, 22 AA
How did you guys find out about rejections..? Email or in the portal? Also when was your app complete? I went under review 7/14 and still am.

For people that got interviews: did you just reply with like a sentence saying you accept the invitation? We have to send something back in order to confirm, and figured it would be ok to just be brief and to the point.

I said thx for the interview lol

Hi everyone! I have yet to hear back from UCSF. My application was verified by AADSAS on 6/23 and the application was sent to UCSF on 6/27. I was wondering what the status of your application was prior to your inteview and/or rejection email? My status on AADSAS reads " Received/Under Review".

Hi everyone! I have yet to hear back from UCSF. My application was verified by AADSAS on 6/23 and the application was sent to UCSF on 6/27. I was wondering what the status of your application was prior to your inteview and/or rejection email? My status on AADSAS reads " Received/Under Review".
my status prior to hearing back was also "received/under review" I had the application and and supplemental fee in on 6/23 so i suspect you'll be hearing back from them soon

Mine was Received/Under Review until last night.

Did you receive an interview or a rejection..?

I just got rejected too, OOS applicant from Utah, 21 AA, 22 TS, 23 PAT, oGPA 3.49 sGPA 3.62. I'm a little surprised to get an early denial, but I guess they can't take us all haha. Makes me wonder what makes them decide to give a denial early in the cycle instead of waiting to compare more applicants later.

Looks like UCSF really likes seeing research experience. This isn't going to be good for me lol...

I only did research since January (full time) and semester (part-time). I will also be doing research next year.

when you get invited for an interview, does your application status change? (i.e. from 'received/under review' to something else)

when you get invited for an interview, does your application status change? (i.e. from 'received/under review' to something else)
yeah after I got the email AADSAS changed from received/under review to "Invited for Interview"

Ok sweet! So hopefully I should hear from them by tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Did yours change to invited for interview and they didn't email you?
No, I still havent received any interview/rejection email from them yet! My status on AADSAS still reads "Recieved, Under Review".

Looks like UCSF really likes seeing research experience. This isn't going to be good for me lol...
I feel like you'll be fine! :) I received an interview but had no research experience. I was only a lab manager for 2 semesters, and that was strictly nonscientific (washed dishes, placed orders, etc.). I think, like someone said above, UCSF values community service more.

Got rejected from UCSF :/. Not a good start to the application cycle :(
Me too.. That hurts! :<
I got rejected as well.

Congrats and best of luck to everyone who made it! Really excited for you. :)

Stats: 3.63 oGPA, 3.55 sGPA, 22 AA

Really sorry about that guys. Are you planning to contact the school and ask for feedback?

I feel like you'll be fine! :) I received an interview but had no research experience. I was only a lab manager for 2 semesters, and that was strictly nonscientific (washed dishes, placed orders, etc.). I think, like someone said above, UCSF values community service more.
Yeah I do not agree that UCSF values community service more.. research is definitely more important there.. look at the amount of annual funding they get from the NIDCR. Service is important at every dental school, however some value research more significantly than others (e.g. the schools that offer DDS/PhD programs).

FYI; I did 2000 hrs+ of research with 2 publications but rejected! My volunteering hours are on the lower side.... So I don't think research is only thing that UCSF looks for in the applicant. They want a well-rounded applicant! =D

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I do not agree that UCSF values community service more.. research is definitely more important there.. look at the amount of annual funding they get from the NIDCR. Service is important at every dental school, however some value research more significantly than others (e.g. the schools that offer DDS/PhD programs).
Just to clarify, I do agree UCSF values research without a doubt. Guess my comment got misconstrued. I simply stated that I believe that community service is also heavily considered. Not having research experience is not the end of your dreams if you want to get an interview. Of course I would say otherwise if I did not get an interview lol. But what do I know, I'm not on the adcoms.

FYI; I did 2000 hrs+ of research with 2 publications but rejected! My volunteering hours are on the lower side.... So I don't think research is only thing that UCSF looks for in the applicant. They want a well-rounded applicant! =D
Hopefully 5,300 hours of research experience peaks their interest.. lol *bites nails*

Got a rejection email on the 19th. Isn't this a little early? What the heck happened?
:shrug:

Did you guys submit the supplementary fee before receiving an email from them that your application is complete?

Did you guys submit the supplementary fee before receiving an email from them that your application is complete?
I did. My app was complete and sent in with my 2ndary by June 17th. I'm received/under review in aadsas

I got the impression they favored community service pretty heavily - that topic got a lot of discussion at my interview, whereas research got next to none. They're probably looking for well-rounded applicants overall but there are definitely people that get in without any research experience.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.