***The Official UCSF Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I had 4 schools go from Received/Under Review to Received/Application Complete. So confused :lame:
Interesting. I think some do it differently, but I think for a majority under review is the last step. I've had a lot of their emails specify what the status should be. I think it's better to use the info in the school's emails than looking at AADSAS at times.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ucsf didn't give me a choice they assigned me a date, so I have no idea about pre December interview dates.

My application stayed under review since 7/29, it never changed!

Okay cool. When is your interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I recently interviewed with UCSF and I just want to say that stats are not the be-all end-all for this school. They really are looking for people that bring diversity to their school and not just someone who can excel in the classroom. Please remember this when you see these people with amazing stats get rejected and think you have no shot because that is not necessarily true.

Reactions: 7 users
Everyone saying all these great things about this school/people there only makes me more sad about that rejection :/

I went to the first interview they had (September 30th) and although having good stats its a great key to open the door, they are also seeking individuals who demonstrate commitment to assisting underserved communities. They also really emphasis the importance of diversity not only culturally or ethnically, but in many other ways too. I believe the answers you provide to the questions in the secondary app are very important! this pretty much determines who gets an interview. I believe the Nov 7 is the last pre December interview, but there are still another 6 left starting January, so don't give up, there is still hope! Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! For those of you who already had your interview, I just want to make sure you first go, on interview day, to the Dental Clinics first floor lobby on 707 Parnassus, right? Did anyone drive by any chance? If so, where did you park? Thanks!

Interview invite!!! It was about 4pm today by email. Best birthday present I could have received. :)

23AA /22TS / 19PAT
3.7 GPA

Reactions: 2 users
Interview invite!!! It was about 4pm today by email. Best birthday present I could have received. :)

23AA /22TS / 19PAT
3.7 GPA
What interview date did they assign you? I'm just trying to figure out if they still have pre-Dec dates left.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! For those of you who already had your interview, I just want to make sure you first go, on interview day, to the Dental Clinics first floor lobby on 707 Parnassus, right? Did anyone drive by any chance? If so, where did you park? Thanks!

Yes, that's the correct location. I took public transportation (bart and muni) but I know there's the library parking lot (Milberry Union) and the dental school has a parking lot too. Good luck!

Still haven't heard anything! No rejection either which I find weird cuz I have (relatively) low stats and OOS

Yes, that's the correct location. I took public transportation (bart and muni) but I know there's the library parking lot (Milberry Union) and the dental school has a parking lot too. Good luck!

I do not recommend driving to the interview. But if you must, the Milberry Union and dental school lots will cost you $30 (daily max) for the duration of the interview. Convenient if you don't care about the cost though.

Hey everyone! Those that got a interview just recently did you get a email confirmation when you accepted the invitation?

Hey everyone! Those that got a interview just recently did you get a email confirmation when you accepted the invitation?
Yes. I received a confirmation email shortly after confirming my attendance. I received the invitation in late September though.

Did anyone that's interviewed already have their status move back to "Received/Under Review"? I just noticed mine changed back even though I interviewed a few weeks ago.

Did anyone that's interviewed already have their status move back to "Received/Under Review"? I just noticed mine changed back even though I interviewed a few weeks ago.
Mine did too. I interviewed on 10/14.

Is there a place for interviewees to put their suitcase on interview day if we have to leave for the airport right after the interview finishes?

Is there a place for interviewees to put their suitcase on interview day if we have to leave for the airport right after the interview finishes?

Yes there is. You just stow it in the back of the room where most of the presentations happen

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes, you can store your suitcases and any other personal belongings in the conference room! In fact, there were a lot of other fellow interviewees who brought suitcases with them when I interviewed.

Rejected today. OOS 3.5GPA so was expecting it kinda

Can't remember exactly but I did everything pretty early in the cycle

Okay, just trying to get an idea of where they might be in reviewing applications. I got the email that they received my supplemental on 9/21.

Okay, just trying to get an idea of where they might be in reviewing applications. I got the email that they received my supplemental on 9/21.
Just checked and they got it on 8/4

Just got my first denial :( good luck to everyone else!

3.46GPA 24AA 20PAT OOS

Denied
California Resident and more specifically Bay Area Resident.
21AA 4.0 sGPA 3.93oGPA

It's been eons since I've applied to dental school and gone through this process.
I am a D4 now at UCSF.
Every year there are a lot of disgruntled intelligent people who are upset about being rejected, which stresses out the "average" people who don't feel worthy. Regardless of how you categorize yourself, each person is reviewed on a case by case basis. As students, we know nothing about the behind-the-scenes admissions process. But we go to school with the people that they accept and interact with them every day. My classmates and those in classes below me are our only perception of the types of things they are looking for. There is no perfect formula that you need to be accepted. You just need to be yourself and hope for the best.

I considered my undergrad grades and DAT not very competitive. I'm a CA resident and applied with a 3.1 GPA and 19/21/19 DAT. I like to think my extracurriculars were extensive, but regardless somehow I was chosen to be interviewed. I'm sure there were people with similar credentials who weren't.

I interviewed in October, the first day of interviews for the cycle. I remember James said "You guys are first, you're the best!" And afterwards we went on our merry way. December 1st came around and I heard nothing.
As time went on I got very anxious. Eventually in January I got my first acceptance to another dental school but still nothing from UCSF. It wasn't until February that I was notified of being waitlisted. Once I was waitlisted, I was given a waitlist number. Somewhere in the 30's. Every month on a specific day an email went out to update you of your rank. It wasn't until mid-May that I got the phone call I was accepted.

From my interview day, only one person is actually in my class besides me. Meaning 23 people from that stressful day are not in my class. If I had to estimate, I'd say at least half of my class was on the waitlist at some point.

The dental school application process is a journey and a process. It takes time, it drags out, and it's stressful. But it is completely out of your control and you can't let it consume you.

The biggest thing to understand is that all dental schools are basically the same. You may perceive one better than the other, or compare and contrast different aspects, but essentially it's a 4 year program and you graduate to enter the profession you've worked so hard for. If it's not UCSF it will be somewhere else and you will still have a great education and experience. I love my school and I know it has prepared me well so I hope it continues to keep that tradition.

My biggest piece of advice is not to listen to the SDN crazies on here. They don't know anything and they will just stress you out unnecessarily. Be patient and good things will come.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 14 users
Does it matter any if I complete the supp any sooner than the due date?

Also, how selective is it to get a supp? Did I just pass their cut-off requirements?

Does it matter any if I complete the supp any sooner than the due date?

No, it does not matter if you finish sooner than the due date. It DOES matter if you finish after the due date.

You should also submit it before the due date.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile