****The Official UAB Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wowzer89

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I received my supplemental yesterday. Anyone else considering UAB? Good luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
are the supplementals sent to email or through phsyical mail?

Hey everyone! I received my supplemental yesterday. Anyone else considering UAB? Good luck to everyone!!

I am! No supplemental but I'm OOS. Do you have your DAT in?

anyone know how soon UAB starts interviewing? I'm in state and just mailed them my supplemental back but I don't take my DAT until the end of July

anyone know how soon UAB starts interviewing? I'm in state and just mailed them my supplemental back but I don't take my DAT until the end of July
From what I've read on previous UAB threads, late July, early August.

From what I've read on previous UAB threads, late July, early August.

Also according to the ADEA Book, if you are instate and get an interview you have a good chance getting accepted. The book states that last year 110 applied?, 65 got interviews and 42 got offers. So basically just don't mess up the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed admissions because I haven't received a supplemental yet and they responded with this:

"There have been lots of issues with AADSAS and we are just now pulling applications. It could be weeks or even months before we contact everyone. Please note that we are not on a rolling basis, but are accepting applications through the end of October. We will get back with you as soon as the Committee has a chance to review all the applications currently in the system."

Anyone else receive a response like this?

Sending in the supplemental tomorrow. I am OOS (Florida).

According to previous threads, we could possibly be getting calls for interviews this week. Has anyone received an official email saying they have received your supplemental app and application fee?

Just got a call for an interview!! It is scheduled for July 26!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I got an interview today as well!!! They offered the 26th, but I was going to be out of town so I'll be there August 9th.

I got an interview today as well!!! They offered the 26th, but I was going to be out of town so I'll be there August 9th.

Good luck! I hope you kill the interview. If uab gives you an interview for an instate, you have a high chance for acceptance!

Good luck! I hope you kill the interview. If uab gives you an interview for an instate, you have a high chance for acceptance!
Thank you! I'm actually from Tennessee, but hopefully I'll still have a good chance! Good luck to you!

When did you get submit/get verified?! That's awesome, 'grats!
I submitted the initial app on June 3rd, got the supplemental July 1st. They received my supplemental on July 6th (I called to make sure since it had my check in it haha). Thank you!

When did you get submit/get verified?! That's awesome, 'grats!
I submitted mine on June 19 but due to transcript verification, committee letter, and supplemental application, I finished everything and mailed my check and everything on July 6th.

This may be a dumb question but did they mail you your current or permanent address? I ask because I'm not in the area of my current so if they mailed the supplemental there I won't know....

This may be a dumb question but did they mail you your current or permanent address? I ask because I'm not in the area of my current so if they mailed the supplemental there I won't know....
Mine went tommy current address. I had to go back to my college home from my parents to receive the letter.

Got the call for an interview on Friday for August 2nd!! OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to you all who have interviews! Did the status on AADSAS change to waiting additional information prior to you receiving the supplemental application or was it a surprise in the mail?

Does UAB give preference to in-state students?

Do they have any shadowing hours requirement??

How long did it take for you guys to receive the supplemental application after submitting? I applied June 20th and my committee letter was sent July 11th, but I still haven't received a supplemental. should I be worried?

I'm OOS (Arkansas) and received my supplemental on 7/18 and mailed it back this week. My whole AADSAS application was complete 6/29

Hi, guys!

Just did the interview today. You meet up at 11, do a tour for like an hour, eat lunch for an hour, and the interview starts around 1. Today we had 5 interviewees, but they say it is normally 8.

They emphasized that UAB is #1 researched funded school in the country and how intensive their curriculum is focused on clinical.

Overall, pretty relaxed interview and the questions were nothing crazy although Dr. Filler asked me if South Koreans can ever go visit North Koreans if they have families.

Ask me if you have some questions!

Reactions: 8 users
Did you guys receive a confirmation email after they called you for an interview? They told me they would send one out a week ago, but I still have not received one.

Interview #2
School: UAB
Notification date: 7/27
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: FL
AADSAS Mail out: 6/1
Application status: Complete 7/9
GPA (science, overall) 3.7 sGPA, ~3.8 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/22/22/none

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone that interviewed yesterday have their decision status change to "none" today? Mine changed from "invited to interview" to "none". Just wondering if that means anything?

Hey everyone! I had my interview yesterday, and it was a good day! Everyone is so nice there, and they really tried to make us feel comfortable.

Jhan17 was spot on with the schedule, and we had 8 in my group (2nd round of interviews I believe). All of the other applicants were super friendly as well.

The interview was more relaxed I'd say. Of course, the 1st question is tell me about yourself, so after you get past that, you can tell they make an effort to make you feel comfortable and like it is a conversation. I didn't have any off-the-wall questions.

Let me know if you have questions as well!

I have my interview tomorrow, and I'm REALLY nervous. Any helpful words to calm me down??

Hey everyone! I had my interview yesterday, and it was a good day! Everyone is so nice there, and they really tried to make us feel comfortable.

Jhan17 was spot on with the schedule, and we had 8 in my group (2nd round of interviews I believe). All of the other applicants were super friendly as well.

The interview was more relaxed I'd say. Of course, the 1st question is tell me about yourself, so after you get past that, you can tell they make an effort to make you feel comfortable and like it is a conversation. I didn't have any off-the-wall questions.

Let me know if you have questions as well!
I had a similar experience! My status changed from 'invited to interview' to 'none' though... Is that a bad sign or just a natural progression of the process?

Status
Not open for further replies.