****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2021 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Wednesday March 1st, I received an email offering me a deferred acceptance for the class of 2022 contingent on completion of a one-year biomedical sciences study. I have various other acceptances, so I will not be doing a one year study. Wish I could attend Tufts, but best of luck to everyone else!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted 12/01 and officially withdrawing now. Good luck to those still waiting for an offer! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Would appreciate any input. Just curious if given the opportunity to attend either NYU or Tufts.. which would you choose?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would appreciate any input. Just curious if given the opportunity to attend either NYU or Tufts.. which would you choose?
Assuming no scholarship at either? Tufts hands down.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone hear back?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get sent a "deferred acceptance" vs a waitlist? I was just looking at old Tufts threads and didn't even realize they did that!

Did anyone get sent a "deferred acceptance" vs a waitlist? I was just looking at old Tufts threads and didn't even realize they did that!
I just got a conditional deferred acceptance upon enrolling in a graduate program. I already have a masters :''( I'm honestly heartbroken

Reactions: 2 users
I just got a conditional deferred acceptance upon enrolling in a graduate program. I already have a masters :''( I'm honestly heartbroken
Man that truly suck. I feel for you. Tough spot to be in for sure. That ridiculous what they are asking for. I hope another school accept you, so you dont have to waste money and time to complete another master.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Man that truly suck. I feel for you. Tough spot to be in for sure. That ridiculous what they are asking for. I hope another school accept you, so you dont have to waste money and time to complete another master.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have one acceptance but this is my top choice and what I've been working for the past two years. Honestly so confused and upset, as they seemed to favor students that have a completed masters in biomedical sciences.

I'm so sorry to hear that. That must be a tough spot to be in - it's hard to be asked to quit your job/not work and instead spend another 50k. Have you been doing your masters for the past 2 years? What is your masters in if you don't mind me asking?

I have no acceptances this cycle, so I was thinking of getting a masters to help my chances, but it's a lot of money to invest for only a boost in chances next cycle!

Had two interviews: Tufts & Boston U. Just got the boot from BU yesterday, so I kinda need this one.

I have one acceptance but this is my top choice and what I've been working for the past two years. Honestly so confused and upset, as they seemed to favor students that have a completed masters in biomedical sciences.
Look on the bright side, at least you have one acceptance. It could be worst, you could be sitting on 0 like I am.

Reactions: 4 users
Keep your head up everybody!!! Sending positivity to you all!!!

Stay positive guys, not sure how the hell I made it in, but if I'm did then i'm sure many of you will as well!

Accepted to Tufts last week!!!
It's actually for class of 2022 though (a conditional acceptance).

Sorry if this has been answered. Is Tufts still giving out interviews? Still says under review for me but with it being so late in the cycle im assuming I was rejected. Thanks!

Sorry if this has been answered. Is Tufts still giving out interviews? Still says under review for me but with it being so late in the cycle im assuming I was rejected. Thanks!

I believe they're done since the last day of feb

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did anyone else who interviewed hear back later than when you were told you'd hear back? I was told I would hear back with a decision by March 13th, yet I still have heard nothing.

Did anyone else who interviewed hear back later than when you were told you'd hear back? I was told I would hear back with a decision by March 13th, yet I still have heard nothing.
I was told late february - early March. Still havent heard

I was told late february - early March. Still havent heard
Hmm I knew the admissions committee met every two weeks, so I figured they would have a decision on my by now. But I'm really just being impatient at this point.

FYI

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 7.38.48 PM.png

Declined my acceptance, good luck everyone!

Just got an accepted minutes ago. Made an account just to show there is still hope left!! Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! I am so incredibly excited!!!

Rent is so pricey. Can't decide if i want to be close to the school or not..

For those accepted and sent the mandatory forms, how soon did they email you back? like a confirmation that they got the forms

Received a rejection email from Tufts after the interview.

I got an acceptance here. People of Boston and MA: Is tufts considered a prestigious school? if so, how prestigious and how is it compared to the other schools in the area

Status
Not open for further replies.