****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2021 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious why they're going to wait until the end of February when up until now they've been meeting every 2 weeks
I've been wondering the same thing.

Maybe 02/17 counts as the end of Feb to them? Idk...

Members don't see this ad.

I called admissions Thursday and they said interviews will conclude on February 24th and they might extend them to February 28th! Don't lose hope guys!!

Reactions: 1 user
hey guys! does anyone know if there's a fb group for those accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invitation for 23rd. What a great gift on the valentine day eve!

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like the under review theory is incorrect. Been under review since September and no invite and I think they're done extending interviews

Hear anything from your state schools btw?
Nope not yet, my deadline for tufts is coming up on the 20th so I want to secure my spot and start preparing for boston. Regardless of what happens, I will be happy. I really enjoyed my interview and stay in boston

If you guys get into your state school , be smart and pick the CHEAPER option. A dental degree is a dental degree is a dental degree.... no need to spend 400K....

Also if you get waitlisted at tufts DONT WORRY! They go REALLLY deep into the waitlist. They accept a handful of students up until the first day of classes. But again, if you got into a cheaper school and are put on the waitlist at Tufts, don't bother paying for the deferred acceptance.

Moral of the story: Tufts is expensive. Save your money.

If you guys get into your state school , be smart and pick the CHEAPER option. A dental degree is a dental degree is a dental degree.... no need to spend 400K....

Also if you get waitlisted at tufts DONT WORRY! They go REALLLY deep into the waitlist. They accept a handful of students up until the first day of classes. But again, if you got into a cheaper school and are put on the waitlist at Tufts, don't bother paying for the deferred acceptance.

Moral of the story: Tufts is expensive. Save your money.
Trust me, I am very aware of the cost difference. I would love to save the hundreds of thousands of dollars it would be and go to a state school (TX in my case). This is my third time applying and I am ready to start. I am currently an adjunct professor and don't want to spend another semester teaching teaching at a community college

Trust me, I am very aware of the cost difference. I would love to save the hundreds of thousands of dollars it would be and go to a state school (TX in my case). This is my third time applying and I am ready to start. I am currently an adjunct professor and don't want to spend another semester teaching teaching at a community college
I feel you man.

Fellow Texan here with 0 Texas acceptances

Members don't see this ad :)
Preparing to pay the deposit this weekend. It's so much money :(

are they done extending interviews? I know they said they would be giving them throughout February but the month is over next week so any info will help

are they done extending interviews? I know they said they would be giving them throughout February but the month is over next week so any info will help
I'm still under review and I submitted early July. I was told final decisions will be sent out in the next couple of weeks, no word on interview invites though. I'm not sure where we stand at the moment, anything's possible.

I'm still under review and I submitted early July. I was told final decisions will be sent out in the next couple of weeks, no word on interview invites though. I'm not sure where we stand at the moment, anything's possible.
I believe next Friday is the last interview date.

Unfortunately at this point the cycle is finished if you have not already received an interview invite. This week was the last week for hope.

Unfortunately at this point the cycle is finished if you have not already received an interview invite. This week was the last week for hope.
I'm aware. I've prepared myself for a possible rejection, just don't understand why it's taking this long for them to make a decision. Annoyed.

February interview here... Does anyone actually know when Tufts is sending out the next round of acceptances? This week or next?

turned down offer here. deadline was feburary 17th. gl everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I guess its safe to say that if we haven't heard anything from Tufts up to now, then our chances for an interview at this point are over :(

I heard that it is this Friday.
I interviewed last week and heard that admissions is meeting beginning of march and to anticipate a decision by then. I hope it is this Friday though!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed last week and heard that admissions is meeting beginning of march and to anticipate a decision by then. I hope it is this Friday though!
Did they mention how many seats were left at your interview?

I was told "end of February" at my interview (2 weeks ago), but that could mean next week I guess!

Invited for interview on February 28th! Notified today at 3:54PM via email.

3.01 sGPA 3.17 oGPA (Undergrad) 3.55 sGPA 3.55 oGPA (Graduate)

DAT 19/19/21

Reactions: 7 users
Invited for interview on February 28th! Notified today at 3:54PM via email.

3.01 sGPA 3.17 oGPA (Undergrad) 3.55 sGPA 3.55 oGPA (Graduate)

DAT 19/19/21

Congrats! :D So there's some hope afterall! Did you get any AADSAS status updates prior to this notification?

Congrats! :D So there's some hope afterall! Did you get any AADSAS status updates prior to this notification?
Thank you! Indeed so! I didn't actually. My AADSAS portal has pretty much been white noise lately. Tufts actually only just updated my portal to "Application Complete" about a month ago.

This is a touchy subject, but has anyone interviewed and got declined/wait-listed, or know someone who has?

Does anyone know the first day of class? Trying to figure out timing and when I need to move etc.

Ahhh dang. Yeah, i'm kinda nervous to find out.
There's a high % chance of acceptance for interviewees, but I know examples of people who fell into the rejection and waitlist categories (5-10% each).

Let's just pray that we fall into the 70-80% of interviewees who are accepted.

Had my status change on Wednesday (Feb 22nd). Not sure if that means anything though....

I've been scouring through last years acceptance thread in preparation for my upcoming interview, and I am noticing some big differences between this cycle and last cycle. It seems they gave interviews from November to late March/early April last year. This year, it seems they are stopping interviews at the end of February (as per the Tufts website). Any idea why the change? It also seems like the class was almost at capacity this time last year, whereas now it seems the class is just over half full (as of two or so weeks ago). Did they change something up or is year to year fluctuation normal?

Did anyone else's status change to received/under review on 2/23 post interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.