*** The Official Tufts DMD Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Is there a time period when we should expect the waiting list to have the most movement or is it just a very sporadic process?

Members don't see this ad.

Spoke with them last week.. they said 2 people got off the waitlist and accepted their offer... I just dont seem to understand why I can't seem to get off their waitlist... It's driving me insane

Can you guys who got interviews please share stats?
Thanks!

Hi everyone, I've asked this elsewhere too but I would like to hear what current 3rd years feel about this.

I found this quote in a pre-dent forum:
Tufts is having major problems with patients. A lot of third and fourth years are just standing around with nothing to do- they expanded the class size way too quickly (especially international), pretty much intense greed to maximize tuition income for the school occurred and now we are super stressed about if we'll have enough patients to graduate on time. Cant speak for BU.

And I found this in a reddit post:
So I go to BU (1st year) and my friend goes to Tufts (also first year). Here's what I've gathered that makes me feel I made the right decision (we both got into both): The faculty at BU is incredible. Both the classroom lecturers and the preclinic instructors. Extremely knowledgeable but also extremely passionate, friendlier, and more approachable than what my friend has described at Tufts. The second major thing is their test scheduling, they do block testing and BU does gradual testing ie. there's only one test once a week (with 1 exception). This makes studying and preparing much easier to manage, rather than study for 3 tests you have within 4 days of one another. Other than those details, the schools are so similar it doesn't matter. Tufts has the better reputation, but I believe BU's will inch their ways up towards theirs in the coming years.

Can you please tell me your opinion on these?