*** The Official Tufts DMD Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Accepted !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted as well.
Now I have some decisions to make =(

Interviewed yesterday (2/13) accepted today (2/14)!! This became my top school after the tour! Can't wait to start!! Happy valentines day everyone!!

Accepted today and interviewed on 2/6! SO EXCITED!!!

Best valentines day present ever!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewing this Thursday, Feb.20. Anyone who interviewed recently know about how many more spots left?

Last edited:
Interviewing this Thursday, Feb.20. Anyone who interviewed recently know about how many more spots left?

Less than half for sure, but more than a quarter would be my estimate.
Interviewed in January though.

Not sure if helps, but in FB, there are about 150 .

As of last Thursday:

Number of Applications - 3670
Number of Interviews - 461
Number of Acceptances - 386
Anticipated Class Size - 185

It was said that they anticipated 185 last year as well, but ended up with 194. The admissions committee will be meeting again on March 4th.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
As of last Thursday:

Number of Applications - 3670
Number of Interviews - 461
Number of Acceptances - 386
Anticipated Class Size - 185

It was said that they anticipated 185 last year as well, but ended up with 194. The admissions committee will be meeting again on March 4th.

To give you an idea not all of the facebook group people are 2018 class there are around 10 upperclassmen giving feedback and answers on some questions new students or prospective students might have and not all of the people in the group have fully made the decision so dont worry

I think its the beginning of September. I believe orientation week starts on august 25th and is mandatory

whats better BU or tufts and why????

BU has a class of 115 (compared to 185-195 students in TUFTs) maybe more room for students in clinic. It is also harder to get into, which means people want to go there. Another reason is that many unfortunate people who only interviewed at Tufts are anxiously waiting for a seat.

I just turned down both Tufts and BU today, so hope some of you can get the spot =)

Just to confirm .. is the Admissions Committee meeting tomorrow or on Friday?

Waitlisted today. :/ Hopefully the list isn't too long....
Does anyone know any info about the waitlist?

Waitlisted as well. Interviewed Feb 20th.

anyone know when the last day of interviews is?

Waitlisted as well, interviewed 2/20.....there was a rumor that all that was left were waitlist spots since so many accepted from the previous round of acceptances. Hopefully there will be movement soon :)

Probably in April, when the second deposits are due.

when I interviewed 2/24 on Thurs, Melissa Friedman told us that the last day of interviews would be held the following Monday 3/3. She also said that the admissions would meet the very next day on Tuesday 3/4 and have decisions out by Friday. Hope this helps!

I found out that tufts does "block testing" (no tests for 2-3 weeks, thn like 8 tests in a week) This seems much harder than having 2 tests aweek!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out that tufts does "block testing" (no tests for 2-3 weeks, thn like 8 tests in a week) This seems much harder than having 2 tests aweek!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a first year at Tufts. We do have exam blocks, but it's set up with basically 2-3 tests in a week. Not 8-10. The only big exam block we have is right before spring break our second year.

Does anyone know what the deadline is to decide between multiple schools you paid deposit to?

thanks ayytommy. Do you like it better that you hav 2-3 weeks without an exam...dou feel like you have alittle breathing room?

ilana111 it's nice having a break for sure. The second semester (what I'm in now) is basically a test every week, so although it's not as stressful, you don't feel like you really get a weekend, because you're either catching up in work or trying to balance everything out. In my opinion, I like blocks better.

is tufts a better school than BU.... can any bu/tuft student please help me?

Waitlisted as well. :( Does anyone know when we might find out if we're accepted off the waiting list. What are our chances of getting accepted?

I called and they said that there is a second deposit due April 15th, so there might be movement then. She also said that most of the movement is usually during late spring. Based off of last years acceptance thread, most of the movement occurs during late May/early June. The chances of getting in are hard to say. I would say they are small. When I interviewed (Feb 20), they had already accepted more than double the class size they intend on having. This would mean that a little more than two hundred people would need to give up their spots in order for movement to occur on the waitlist. It happens though, so there is always hope :)

does anyone know if tufts books patients for you or dou have to run around finding patients yourself?

Withdrew my acceptance today.. Hope someone here gets it! good luck everyone!

Looking for ideas as to where to live. My H will working north of Boston, so we are looking for an area that is convenient for both of us (we will only have 1 car). My thought is that perhaps we should live close to the city so that I can use mass transit. My hope is that his drive won't be to bad since he will be traveling away from the city.

Any suggestions for neighborhoods that won't break the bank?

Looking for ideas as to where to live. My H will working north of Boston, so we are looking for an area that is convenient for both of us (we will only have 1 car). My thought is that perhaps we should live close to the city so that I can use mass transit. My hope is that his drive won't be to bad since he will be traveling away from the city.

Any suggestions for neighborhoods that won't break the bank?

I would recommend living directly off a subway stop (in general, train is much more dependable than bus - makes a HUGE difference in bad weather). Train lines are color-coded: Red, Green, Orange, Blue Lines. Tufts Dental is right off the orange line, and a 5-10 minute walk from the red/green lines. Relatively affordable neighborhoods with easier access in/out by car are:

Along the Red Line: Somerville (Davis square), Cambridge (Porter square), Arlington/Cambridge near Alewife station - These places will probably have a ~30-45 minute commute to Tufts. Central Square (the area between Harvard Square and MIT along Massachusetts Ave.) - might be a bit pricier and harder for your husband to get in/out of.

Orange Line: Malden - the neighborhood is less nice, but it's definitely not super dangerous, and it's more affordable. I haven't ridden the orange line as much, so I'm not as familiar with commute times.

Mass transit (aka the MBTA, or "the T") also actually goes pretty far outside of Boston by way of the commuter rail. If you'd consider a longer commute (~1 hour or more, depending on how far out you live) and more expensive monthly T pass in exchange for lower rent and a more car-friendly location, you might look into the following:

Waltham (near commuter rail), towns along the Lowell and Haverhill commuter rail lines (Lowell and Haverhill lines go up north and also connect directly with the orange line).

If you decide to live in the city, I'd recommend finding a place that offers off-street parking if you can. Otherwise, be prepared to deal with street cleaning schedules, digging your car out of snow/ice, moving your car and the dearth of parking spots in snow emergencies, and towing.

Having commuted in/out of the city via both car and public transportation, I agree that living closer to/in the city is better - public transportation is generally less efficient than driving.

Some maps that might be helpful:
MBTA System Map:
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/system_map/

Subway Map:
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/

Commuter Rail Map:
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/

Feel free to PM if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Good Evening!

Rejected my acceptance offer today:( Very sad to do so.

But I do hope someone here gets the chance that they deserve. Such an amazing school to be a graduate of!!!!!

Would be curious to know if they offer my spot to someone as early as tomorrow!!!!

Good Luck to you all!

P.S. Something is seriously wrong with the typing in this website!!! It turns my word to something different.

Reactions: 1 users
I read a post from last year saying that incoming Tufts dental students get an iPad from the school. Can anybody confirm this? I was thinking about buying one but if we're supplied with one then I'll hold off.

I read a post from last year saying that incoming Tufts dental students get an iPad from the school. Can anybody confirm this? I was thinking about buying one but if we're supplied with one then I'll hold off.

I'm an incoming Freshman, and I have heard nothing about this (which leads me to believe it is false) not sure though.

I just saw that 2 people will be dropping spots at tufts from this thread. Hopefully the waitlist gets moving soon :)

For those that have placed the deposit and for those that have been accepted, congrats! Don't forget to join the Facebook group! I'm sure there will be all kinds of things regarding get-togethers and stuff as the fall gets closer. There is already a Google Doc for housing posted.