*** The Official Tufts DMD Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Do they hate when people call to ask about their application? I know that the phone says not to call or email about anything, but I feel like by doing that you show no interest.

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed Dr. Friedman and called as well to make sure she got the email
and that was my in to start a conversation, good luck !!

I emailed Dr. Friedman and called as well to make sure she got the email
and that was my in to start a conversation, good luck !!
Was your email to express interest in Tufts? I don't know if i should email or call, hence their email said not to.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently listened to a speech given by Arnold Schwarzenegger about life, one of his rules was that do not be afraid to break the rules for something you have a deep passion for, not the law but the rules.

as far as what to say to them, use your best judgment, I used my mind and my heart and things are looking positive !

I just got an interview invite today via email. Not sure yet if taking it.

edit: more info, I'm OOS (CA).

Last edited:
Declined interview and withdrew app today, G/L all

Reactions: 1 user
How many interviewers do they have and how long did they last?

I got invited to TUFTs today. I will be attending February 18th, is anyone else going on this date?

Got an invite on Jan 24. Will now be declining since I got accepted to my in-state school (VCU). I hope this helps someone out! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today via email!!!

This is such a hard decision!

Interviewed 1/30, accepted 2/3. Application sent 7/19

This is my first acceptance! Couldn't be happier getting into Tufts :)

Reactions: 2 users
got accepted 2/3 .... interviewed few weeks ago !

DEFINITELY ATTENDING THIS SCHOOL - happiest person right now !!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
1 27 . Got email also. Crying like a baby ahhhh

Got an invite on Jan 24. Will now be declining since I got accepted to my in-state school (VCU). I hope this helps someone out! Good luck!
I just got accepted to VCU too, but still will attend Tufts' interview:)

I interviewed at Tufts last year in March, waitlisted then rejected

This year, I got into two schools, nothing from Tufts yet, but I can't hide how much I loved Tufts... It's a unique school by all means

Congratulations to all those got accepted and good luck for the others who are waiting

I am still under review for this school since July!!! I wonder if they still considering me...On ADASAS shows date of 12/17/13 so I assume that's when they review my application last..

Could one of you guys please give a rundown of the interview process and your feelings about it? I have one coming up and am curious about what to expect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am still under review for this school since July!!! I wonder if they still considering me...On ADASAS shows date of 12/17/13 so I assume that's when they review my application last..

I submitted my application in june and my aadsas still says "received/application complete"

Could one of you guys please give a rundown of the interview process and your feelings about it? I have one coming up and am curious about what to expect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Same here, interviewing tomorrow (Thursday). Any insight on
The interview? Laid back? Pretty harsh?

Pretty much the day is intro presentation tour then lunch, which is when you get pulled out for interview. Make sure you have questions for interviewers. It's either 1 faculty/student or 1 faculty and 1 student.

On Monday my AADSAS changed to "offer made" and on Tuesday I received an email from the background check company but I have not received any email from tufts--- anyone know what this means? I interviewed last week

On Monday my AADSAS changed to "offer made" and on Tuesday I received an email from the background check company but I have not received any email from tufts--- anyone know what this means? I interviewed last week

That is weird. You should have received an acceptance e-mail.
Call them and ask, but I'm 98% sure you are accepted. Just finish the background check and make sure to send all the documents required in by the deposit date (1 month after offer made).
And you have 20 days to do the background check and release it also.

Since it is after Feb, you only have 15 days to send in the deposit and documents. Definitely call tomorrow to ask

I am interviewing on the 20th. If anybody is interested, here's a list of interview questions from Tufts. I copied them from SDN's interview feedback section. I tried to delete all the duplicate questions but there still may be a few.

Attachments

• Tufts Interview Questions.docx
    30 KB · Views: 180
Tufts has ALWAYS being my dream school, but I was recently accepted to my state school (UF). it was very hard but today I withdrew my acceptance from this school. I hope some other SNDer gets it!!

Has anyone gotten any recent interviews? Also does anyone know when they stop inviting people for interview?

Anyone receive their financial aid package in the mail yet?

Has anyone gotten any recent interviews? Also does anyone know when they stop inviting people for interview?
They should be interviewing into March, be patient. I believe they have filled up just a little over half the class so far, so plenty of seats left.

Anyone receive their financial aid package in the mail yet?
Nope, I have not.

They should be interviewing into March, be patient. I believe they have filled up just a little over half the class so far, so plenty of seats left.

Nope, I have not.

How do you know ?? Like can we call and ask? And another question I wanted to know if anyone recently got invited to know what dates they're inviting for because they can send out invites for Mar 16 and stuff like that its always like 2-3 weeks ahead of interview to give them time to book. And it would also tell us if they're march interview spots are still available.[/quote]

I was recently invited and the dates offered were 2/18, 2/20, & 2/24.

How do you know ?? Like can we call and ask? And another question I wanted to know if anyone recently got invited to know what dates they're inviting for because they can send out invites for Mar 16 and stuff like that its always like 2-3 weeks ahead of interview to give them time to book. And it would also tell us if they're march interview spots are still available.

They told us at our interview that they usually interview through March.
As for how I know that the class is just over halfway filled is because I was just wondering and asked them when I called to check if they received my deposit

Last edited:
Question about the interviews... I know we were told not to read too much into whether we were interviewed by a faculty member or a student, but is there really some hidden meaning? Any insight from those accepted would be greatly appreciated - I'm probably just being really paranoid at this point.

Quick question--where did you guys keep your luggage during the interview?

Question about the interviews... I know we were told not to read too much into whether we were interviewed by a faculty member or a student, but is there really some hidden meaning? Any insight from those accepted would be greatly appreciated - I'm probably just being really paranoid at this point.
No. Just relax. Be genuine, know your app, and have few questions ready for your interviewer.

Accepted! So stoked! Anyone know if I submit the payment if it's binding? I'm still waiting to hear back from another school