*** The Official Tufts DMD Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Invited for an interview :soexcited: so thankful! I received the invitation via email last night and my app was complete in July (3rd or 4th batch I think). I'm scheduled to interview in the second wk of January.
What are you stats if you don't mind me asking? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I just realized that Tufts asks for a letter of recommendation from a general dentist. I submitted a letter of recommendation from an orthodontics who happens to be a Tufts alumni (got his DMD from there as well as his specialty). Do you think that's a problem? According to them, my application is completed and they never pointed that out to me

Definitely call. I had a letter of rec from a pediatric dentist (not a Tufts alum) and they never notified me either. I had to call them because I never got the application completed email and that's when they said I don't have an acceptable letter of recommendation.

Accepted! Interviewed 12/5 and got the acceptance 12/6.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is any hope for someone who has not heard anything from Tufts yet? Are they still giving out interviews? My application was received by them in October.

Does anyone know if there is any hope for someone who has not heard anything from Tufts yet? Are they still giving out interviews? My application was received by them in October.

Tufts does interviews later than most schools since their application deadline is later than most (February 2014). Couple that with the fact that there's a relatively high turnover rate due to cost, and it's safe to say they will be interviewing well into the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Tufts does interviews later than most schools since their application deadline is later than most (February 2014). Couple that with the fact that there's a relatively high turnover rate due to cost, and it's safe to say they will be interviewing well into the cycle.
Thanks for the info! :) I really appreciate it!

They're still giving out interviews. I received an invitation on Friday, but declined.

Just got an interview invitation! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
So is everyone getting acceptance letters or emails? please take a picture so i can see what it looks like...really excited ) thanks guys

Last edited:
Anyone know the last day they send out interview invites?????

I'm an OOS student and I received my interview invite today around 5, for the end of this month. If anyone would like to split a hotel room just let me know; I'm stoked!

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed at the DoubleTree. It's right across the street from the medical center, and a one minute walk from the subway and 2 from the dental school which you can basically see from your room. Extremely convenient.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone interviewing on the 23rd and would like to split a hotel room?

Anyone interviewing on the the 28th staying an extra night? I'm from oos and I love Boston. I would like to stay an extra day (Wednesday) but I dont want to stay another night and be alone on Wednesday haha

I'm interviewing this coming Monday, January 13th, but will be arriving Saturday evening so that I have Sunday to tour. Anyone in the same boat who wants to join? I'm making the trek from Seattle. Also, the Hawks are playing Saturday evening and I wouldn't mind watching the game in a bar in Boston.

has anyone heard from tufts? Still havent heard anything? Are they still doing interviews?

has anyone heard from tufts? Still havent heard anything? Are they still doing interviews?
I just interviewed there and they said they've interviewed about 180 candidates so far and will probably interview well over 200 more ppl. FYI, Tuts interviewed close to 500 ppl last year.

I interviewed on the 6th and was also accepted :)

I only received an email. No AADSAS update yet.

Anyone's AADSAS change from Application Complete back to Application Under Review?

I'm hoping they're taking a second look at my app and I can land an interview! Any advice if I should call and express interest?

Accepted this morning via e-mail! SO excited!

Just received an interview invite! :)

Super excited! Any advice from previous attendees?

Just received an interview invite! :)

Super excited! Any advice from previous attendees?
They will send you an e-mail PDF booklet with everything you need to know about the school. Just glance over it and be familiar with it, but don't worry they are going to cover it all at the interview. Your absolute best bet is to read the interview feedback forum. Good luck and congrats!

I just interviewed there and they said they've interviewed about 180 candidates so far and will probably interview well over 200 more ppl. FYI, Tuts interviewed close to 500 ppl last year.

Wow, so that means that they offer interviews much later in the cycle than other schools. But my status has remained "Received/Application Complete" for a very long time now. Shouldn't it at least say Under Review or something? Or will it just jump to Interview Offered if I get an interview?

Wow, so that means that they offer interviews much later in the cycle than other schools. But my status has remained "Received/Application Complete" for a very long time now. Shouldn't it at least say Under Review or something? Or will it just jump to Interview Offered if I get an interview?
Yes you are correct in that Tufts interviews much later than everyone else. In fact, I believe they interview well into March. Most likely, you will get an e-mail stating that you have been invited for an interview before AADSAS even updates (I think it took a day for it to change for me). The only ones who will know about changes in status will be the school themselves. Quite frankly, I don't know what the big difference between the two is.

They will send you an e-mail PDF booklet with everything you need to know about the school. Just glance over it and be familiar with it, but don't worry they are going to cover it all at the interview. Your absolute best bet is to read the interview feedback forum. Good luck and congrats!

I just booked an interview and got the email confirmation. They didn't send a PDF booklet though. Was that only from previous years or should I contact them asking? Also, I will most def check out the interview feedback!

I just booked an interview and got the email confirmation. They didn't send a PDF booklet though. Was that only from previous years or should I contact them asking? Also, I will most def check out the interview feedback!
The booklet will come shorty before your interview date. Maybe a week or less?

Random question- are there coat checks at Tufts? I'm going from florida and I'm not used to the cold north weather so I wanna be prepared!

Random question- are there coat checks at Tufts? I'm going from florida and I'm not used to the cold north weather so I wanna be prepared!

No coat check but there is a coat rack in the middle of the hallway that everyone uses. it just feels weird cuz it's exposed to everyone, but it's pretty safe nevertheless

is tufts done handing out more interviews?
No, you are good until at least March. Possibly later.

No coat checks, but a coat rack that is safe to hang your coat on.

What's the the best/cheap way to go to school from the airport?

Interview invite today with choice of 2/10, 2/11, or 2/13. I will not be attending.

What's the the best/cheap way to go to school from the airport?
I took a taxi that cost me around $25 to get to my hotel. Going back to the airport after the interview it cost me $35 so it depends on the taxi company. I didn't feel like messing with the T.

Thank you sjv. Chris, which cab company was $25?

Could anybody describe their interview experience at Tufts?

And also about what time did the interview day finish up and how long does it take to get to the airport from that area? (I'm trying to figure what time to book my flight)

Could anybody describe their interview experience at Tufts?

And also about what time did the interview day finish up and how long does it take to get to the airport from that area? (I'm trying to figure what time to book my flight)
Great interview experience. Great facility, students, tour, and city. Relaxed and laid-back interview! My interviewers insisted on me taking my food into the interview room (they come find you for your interview during lunch).
Airport to the area by car or taxi is really short, if there isn't traffic I would say 15 minutes tops. Interview day ended around 2pm.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone looking how to get to Tufts or Double tree using public transportation. Shuttle from airport to blue line subway station. Transfer at state st station to orange line. $4.50 total but with walk and wait took me 30+ minutes.

Anyone know how much tufts is filled and more interview coming?

Anyone know how much tufts is filled and more interview coming?

They will interview AT LEAST into March.
And if you get an interview before March than you have very good chances of being accepted.