*** The Official Tufts DMD Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad.

The ones who received interviews, which schools are you guys from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who received interview invitations, when did you all submit your application? Early June? July?

Anyone else surprised by the ridiculously expensive hotels in the area? Moderate prices range $250-$350... I'll be staying at the nearby hostel

I received my Tufts invite! November 19th. To answer some questions: I applied really late August (not sure which batch that is, probably around 12). Indiana University-Bloomington. 3.8 gpa (both science and normal) 20 DAT. I have some great extracurriculars though, and TONS of shadowing hours. Good luck to everyone!

Decision date changed on Nov 3rd. But it's still "Received/Under review"

Anyone else surprised by the ridiculously expensive hotels in the area? Moderate prices range $250-$350... I'll be staying at the nearby hostel

I'm interviewing Nov 21. staying at the boston park plaza which is like a ten minute walk to the school. $150 a night. worth checking out, its a nice place.

Just interviewed yesterday, didn't stay at the hostel but it's literally across the street from the school and looked very nice!

Is there any significance to Received/Under Review and Received/Application Complete.. what is the difference?

Just received an interview invite for December

Just received an interview as well!! Super excited even though it's a December interview!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
stats? When did you guys submit?

stats? When did you guys submit?
I'm from the University of Michigan. And I submitted my app on June 20th and it was sent out to the schools on July 5th. Average DAT and prob above average GPA, and currently a masters student.

Interview scheduled December 5th. Anyone else interviewing that day? For those who interviewed, which is a good and affordable hotel to go to? and should I rent a car?

Interview scheduled December 5th. Anyone else interviewing that day? For those who interviewed, which is a good and affordable hotel to go to? and should I rent a car?
what are your stats? When did you submit?
Thanks.

My status on AADSAS changed from "invited for interview" to "Received/Under Review" and I've already gone for my interview. Am I the only one that this happened to?

My status on AADSAS changed from "invited for interview" to "Received/Under Review" and I've already gone for my interview. Am I the only one that this happened to?
You're not alone, same thing happened to me!

You're not alone, same thing happened to me!

I'm dying to hear back from this school! Specially since it's one of my top choices.

Do they give a lot of post-December interviews? Dot they look more at the GPA or DAT?

Mine is now the "please check back after Dec 2nd" on AADSAS.

I interviewed on Nov 5th and I go to UCSB
stats: GPA 3.87
DAT: 19 PAT, 22 TS, 23 AA
hoping to hear back tomorrow :nailbiting:

Just received my acceptance email!! Tufts is my number one choice, so excited!

The senders receipt was at 2:29 am but it wasn't received by my inbox until 7:30

Just got my email!!! accepted class of 2018!! congrats everyone who was accepted! I will definitely be going, it is my #1 choice

Last edited:
I got accepted!!!! YES first choice school!! received the e-mail at 8:29 a.m.

Hey congrats to those who are hearing back for acceptances.

I'm a D17 and if someone decides to start a facebook group and invite me ill be willing to answer any questions you will have along the way

I hope others start hearing some more good news!

Is anyone familiar with how many seats Tufts tries to fill from the pre-december group? I know Tufts starts interviewing later than most schools so I was trying to gauge my chances of landing a post-december interview.

In the application confirmation email they seemed pretty adamant about not contacting them about anything, but as my #1 school its pretty hard to not at least think about it. Congrats to those who made it in this cycle.

Is anyone familiar with how many seats Tufts tries to fill from the pre-december group? I know Tufts starts interviewing later than most schools so I was trying to gauge my chances of landing a post-december interview.

In the application confirmation email they seemed pretty adamant about not contacting them about anything, but as my #1 school its pretty hard to not at least think about it. Congrats to those who made it in this cycle.

Usually, people are accepted at 90 percent rate at the interview (10% is those that really bomb the interview)

so by that usually about a 1/3 ~ 1/2 of the class is accepted (if all of them decide to come)

and the rest will continue do until March usually and they contact waitlist student latest around may and june

the percentage rate in Jan is around 80 ~ 85 and in february the percentage drops another 10 i think.

They said they are the most active on jan and feb, so stay positive!

btw, does anyone know when this schools starts for D1?

Our class D17 started their orientation in last week of August (it lasts for a whole week) and started in 1st week of september to give you a comparison

Reactions: 1 user
Tufts acceptance yesterday. Interviewed on thursday!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all who got accepted!! :claps:

What was the interview atmosphere like?

I just got the invite for interview via email. Thank you GOD!! I'm beyond excited guys!

I also got an invitation via email, but I am planning to deny the interview invitation. Sorry, but Massachusetts is just too cold! Best of luck to the rest.

Invited for an interview :soexcited: so thankful! I received the invitation via email last night and my app was complete in July (3rd or 4th batch I think). I'm scheduled to interview in the second wk of January.

I just realized that Tufts asks for a letter of recommendation from a general dentist. I submitted a letter of recommendation from an orthodontics who happens to be a Tufts alumni (got his DMD from there as well as his specialty). Do you think that's a problem? According to them, my application is completed and they never pointed that out to me