*** The Official Tufts DMD Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

GoJumbos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The journey has just started so let's keep this thread always updated!

Good luck everybody and GO JUMBOS!

1st batch, top choice school

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied 3rd batch and got the confirmation email today with link to pay supplemental fee.

Last edited:
I applied 3rd batch and got the confirmation email today with link to pay supplemental few.

yes, they changed the system this year
They payment was a check by mail, now it is online!

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I can gather from last years thread, they didn't start sending invites until October 9th. Get ready to sit tight everyone.

Just got an "application complete" email from Tufts. Says that interview invites go out in October, and interviews conducted from November to March.

Just got an email from them saying my application was incomplete.... it saids they didn't receive my payment, yet I have the payment confirmation email from early July. :mad::mad::mad:
this line made me even more annoyed
"we ask that you not contact our office regarding the receipt of application materials as that will only delay the processing of your application"

So I guess all I can do is wait?

Just got an email from them saying my application was incomplete.... it saids they didn't receive my payment, yet I have the payment confirmation email from early July. :mad::mad::mad:
"we ask that you not contact our office regarding the receipt of application materials as that will only delay the processing of your application"

Call them and explain that you have receipt. It was probably misplaced somewhere along the way. Should not be a problem to clear it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same. All other schools received my completed app. Maybe they are slow this cycle?

I have received the "application complete" today!

Good luck everyone

Do not worry about it, their application cycle has just started so I hope you are not late

I would call them and explain the issue with forwarding the receipt to the admissions office, you do want your application to be cancelled due to a payment that you have already done!

GOOD LUCK :)

Does anyone have the application complete on aadsas portal

My AADSAS portal says "Received/Application Complete" since the beginning of July! but I just received the "Application Complete" email today

I think today's email marks the beginning of the review process

On my AADSAS it says Received/under review

I got an email saying that I was incomplete since I don't have a dentist LOR saying that I did 40 hours. However, I do have a letter of rec from a endodontist I shadowed and she wrote explaining that I completed the hours at the other dentists I shadowed, since they were her colleagues, but apparently that doesn't count? I tried calling and left a message and waiting to have them call me back.

I got the "application incomplete" email today too. I submitted my payment on 7/22 (and got a confirmation email) but they say that they are still missing my payment as well as my LORs. I did a committee letter, which included two letters from science professors and a letter from the general dentist I work for. Does anyone have any experience with this? I want to call and see if my committee letter isn't working for them, but that line about not contacting them scares me too.

Got email saying application is incomplete since missing biology professor letter!! On ADASAS only allows me 1 committee and 1 extra which is dentist letter..anyone knows if I can submit letter directly to school?

How did you guys submit your payments? I thought Tufts only wanted us to submit it once the officer contacts you but I've never gotten that message. Yesterday I got that email saying I have everything complete BUT the payment. Can you submit it by credit card/online or do you have to mail them the check?

How did you guys submit your payments? I thought Tufts only wanted us to submit it once the officer contacts you but I've never gotten that message. Yesterday I got that email saying I have everything complete BUT the payment. Can you submit it by credit card/online or do you have to mail them the check?

Yes, it was an online payment! I have received an email three weeks after I submitted my AADSAS with the instructions of how to pay the application fees

Got email saying application is incomplete since missing biology professor letter!! On ADASAS only allows me 1 committee and 1 extra which is dentist letter..anyone knows if I can submit letter directly to school?
Also received the application incomplete email because I was missing a letter of evaluation from a biology professor. The email stresses to send it via AADSAS and NOT directly to the school.

I posted up above that I got the "incomplete" email and I had a committee letter. Update - today I got the "complete" email, no mention of the missing LORs/payment this time. So hopefully that happens for you guys as well! My committee letter contained 2 letters from bio professors and a letter from a dentist, so I'm assuming that as long as your committee letter contains their required letters you should be fine. Good luck to everyone!

It says I have no LoR
Mine is the one that our school committee wrote.

Did anyone w/ committee get 'app complete' email?

Just call them I had the same problem. They told me they had it but had not updated the system yet.

just an update on my status, they sent me an email today saying everything is complete.

just an update on my status, they sent me an email today saying everything is complete.

Yea same here. I just got an application complete a few days following an application incomplete... I didn't even do anything haha.. Also in the application complete email it says that they won't be sending out invites until early October.

Yea same here. I just got an application complete a few days following an application incomplete... I didn't even do anything haha.. Also in the application complete email it says that they won't be sending out invites until early October.
Thanks for including the projected date for invites. I'm sure that will alleviate some of the stress of waiting. October will be here soon enough!

just got the application complete email.

My application was incomplete because according to them I was missing 1 science letter but I submitted commeette letter plus 1 dentist!! I emailed them today on how I can submit letter and after two hours they sent me" Application Complete" yay..oh, and my commeette letter does not include any science professor letter attach to it, so I guess 1 commeette letter equivalent to 2 science letters

Status changed to "Received/Under Review"... I believe it was "completed" before being under review

Hope to see "invited for interview" soon!

Any interview invites from Tufts yet?

Mine still shows app complete. Should it be under review right before interview status?

Does your status show received/under review? Or received/app completed? Thanks in advance.

Mine says "received/app complete"

Just got my invitation via email! Calling to schedule my date tomorrow!

Does anyone know if there is any leniency on their policy of taking pre reqs at four yr universities? I was just invited for an interview but I took both semesters of physics at community college. Really don't feel like retaking physics!

Does anyone know if there is any leniency on their policy of taking pre reqs at four yr universities? I was just invited for an interview but I took both semesters of physics at community college. Really don't feel like retaking physics!

Academic Requirements:

2 semesters (8 credits or 3 quarters) Biology
1 semester ( 3 credits or 1 quarter) Upper level Biology
2 semesters (8 credits or 3 quarters) Inorganic Chemistry
2 semesters (8 credits or 3 quarters) Physics
1 semester (4 credits or 2 quarters) Organic Chemistry
1 semester (3 credits or 1 quarter) Biochemistry
1 semester writing-intensive Humanities or Social Science course (may include History, English, Comparative Literature, Philosophy, Government or Women's Studies)
Please note: Labs are required for all science courses, except Biochemistry and the upper level Biology, where applicable (lab only required for Biochemistry or the upper level Biology if it is a required part of the course at the university at which it is completed). All pre-requisite coursework must be completed at an accredited 4 year college/university. Community college coursework is not accepted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the interview they give a pre-requisite sheet for the classes above, you need to check the ones you have completed and put the name of the schools in which you have completed each course!

Anyone have insight on this school? Worth the cost?