***The Official Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDSbound17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
** Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2022**

Members don't see this ad.

Just got notified of my interview today! I have until October 6th to prepare. Does anyone have any tips? I know it's 1-on-1 interviews, which I think will be good for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got notified of my interview today! I have until October 6th to prepare. Does anyone have any tips? I know it's 1-on-1 interviews, which I think will be good for me.

Are you a TX resident? I'm OOS but have some connections at the school and applied here.

That's awesome! if you don't mind, could you say when your application was transmitted to the schools?

That's awesome! if you don't mind, could you say when your application was transmitted to the schools?

They received my application on August 16th. I posted my stats in the compilation thread, but I'll put them here too.
DAT AA:24 TS:22 RC:25 PAT:20 QR:29 Bio:22 GC:21 OC:24
GPA:3.48 sGPA:3.50
60ish hours shadowing
I'm also in state and have research and some ECs

Just got an interview invitation yesterday! Does anyone know what the stats are for getting accepted after receiving an interview?

What are your stats if you don't mind?
3.3 GPA, 19 AA DAT
I've done shadowing, research, and ECs w/leadership positions

Tbh, I was surprised that I got an interview this early. My application was barely processed earlier this month

Reactions: 1 user
3.3 GPA, 19 AA DAT
I've done shadowing, research, and ECs w/leadership positions

Tbh, I was surprised that I got an interview this early. My application was barely processed earlier this month
Wow that's great! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what it takes for an out of stater to get an interview?

Hi does anyone have any advice for the interview?

They were asking me how I will pay for school, where I will be located , rent? or have someone here, also why A & M , like " don't you want to experience some other school?"

How many people do A&M interview from OOS?

I second this question. And I like your profile picture.
I asked A&M; they responded that very few , about 40 and only interview them in Oct/ November May accept only few if any.
Huge advantage if you r from Texas they accepted last year as low as 3.3 and DAT 18 PAT 18

Just got informed about an interview in 2 weeks!!
Biochemistry major
DAT: 22AA 24PAT
GPA:3.99
Like 60 hours shadowing, good amount of volunteering >100, officer position in EC
In state

I applied super late!!!!! Submitted my application September 11th (I dont know what is wrong with me), school barley received it October 9th... Anyone already have their interview? any tips?

Good luck to everyone else!

Just got informed about an interview in 2 weeks!!
Biochemistry major
DAT: 22AA 24PAT
GPA:3.99
Like 60 hours shadowing, good amount of volunteering >100, officer position in EC
In state

I applied super late!!!!! Submitted my application September 11th (I dont know what is wrong with me), school barley received it October 9th... Anyone already have their interview? any tips?

Good luck to everyone else!
How did you get 3.99? You shd go to med school or law school
What school are at now? I am at UNT but I am OOS , so I am so sad. I have family in Texas and will stay here after but had to apply as OOS.

How did you get 3.99? You shd go to med school or law school
What school are at now? I am at UNT but I am OOS , so I am so sad. I have family in Texas and will stay here after but had to apply as OOS.

I got 1 B in gen chem lab -_- haha but in all honesty I just love science... I hate my pchem class right now though

I have thought about med school but dentistry has my heart. It is such an amazing profession. I could never be a lawyer.

Im here at UNT as well, I transfered my sophomore year from UTEP.... Well that is unfortunate dont you only have to live here for a couple years to apply as in state??

I got 1 B in gen chem lab -_- haha but in all honesty I just love science... I hate my pchem class right now though

I have thought about med school but dentistry has my heart. It is such an amazing profession. I could never be a lawyer.

Im here at UNT as well, I transfered my sophomore year from UTEP.... Well that is unfortunate dont you only have to live here for a couple years to apply as in state??

I am actually here only on the full athletic scholarship, so I am also a competitive athlete and train over 25 hrs a wk and go to championships etc. I was national athlete

They were asking me how I will pay for school, where I will be located , rent? or have someone here, also why A & M , like " don't you want to experience some other school?"
Would you mind giving like a rundown of the day? Like is there a tour, are you with other students?

Would you mind giving like a rundown of the day? Like is there a tour, are you with other students?

depends if you are morning or afternoon, morning group does interview first then lunch both morning and afternoon groups together then go on the tour together, afternoon group has interview after tour. overall very relaxed, faculty are very nice!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! What is the best way to get from DFW airport to A&M? I was just going to Uber it, but worried it may be too expensive!

Hi! So you know how they ask you to provide a list of current classes and classes you plan to take, did you all just print out something and give it to them or what?

Hi! So you know how they ask you to provide a list of current classes and classes you plan to take, did you all just print out something and give it to them or what?
no, you just have to write down course name nothing specific

Question for all please.
I am Texas resident and i applied to all 3 TX schools and about 15 OOS. i have had 5 interviews from OOS but none in TX. However, TX schools are my #1 choice. Should i be worried? Also i heard they may just pass over my application because i applied OOS to many school and assume i will get into one of those. Could his be true? Did i hurt my self by applying to many schools OOS?

Question for all please.
I am Texas resident and i applied to all 3 TX schools and about 15 OOS. i have had 5 interviews from OOS but none in TX. However, TX schools are my #1 choice. Should i be worried? Also i heard they may just pass over my application because i applied OOS to many school and assume i will get into one of those. Could his be true? Did i hurt my self by applying to many schools OOS?

Do you have a competitive application? Not going to lie that is a lot of schools so it is possible they are turned off by that. (how did you afford that?!)

I think your best bet it to email each school and ask? maybe put that you want to stay in Texas?? You still have some time though to get an interview so don't freak out and don't forget you still can get a late interview next year!

I printed out a list but yeah they just want you to write it down on a paper when you get there.

(afternoon run-down)
Get there and fill out a paper
they talk about money
Dr.Miller talks about the school
Another Dr Talks
Lunch with D4 students in cafeteria
split up into groups and have a tour of the school
INTERVIEW TIME with 3 different people ~10 min each

there were about 10 students there. If you have the morning you interview first and do the same stuff with everyone else after

In state
3.53 gpa/3.35 sgpa
18AA 19TS 18PAT
Applied late september and offered interview last week.
Only applied in Texas couldn't afford any out of state

(afternoon run-down)
Get there and fill out a paper
they talk about money
Dr.Miller talks about the school
Another Dr Talks
Lunch with D4 students in cafeteria
split up into groups and have a tour of the school
INTERVIEW TIME with 3 different people ~10 min each

there were about 10 students there. If you have the morning you interview first and do the same stuff with everyone else after
When you say afternoon do you mean you arrived at 10 instead of the 830 time

Do you have a competitive application? Not going to lie that is a lot of schools so it is possible they are turned off by that. (how did you afford that?!)

I think your best bet it to email each school and ask? maybe put that you want to stay in Texas?? You still have some time though to get an interview so don't freak out and don't forget you still can get a late interview next year!
Yes, you are right. I just starting thinking about that but my idea behind it was that i wanted to at least get some interviews in for practice before interviewing at any of the Texas schools. A friend who is currently @ Tuft applied to 19 schools and only got 3 interviews. That was also a concern for me however, i later found out that his GPA was much lower.
I am going to keep my fingers crossed if i don't get in this year i will try again next year. I can't leave Texas.
3.6oGPA, 3.8sGPA, 18AA and 19TS, although non-trad.

Last edited:
do these acceptances come out at midnight? do you all think OOS people will hear back ?

Im getting nervous.... :/

Same... good luck everyone! Keep us posted if you hear anything

Just received the email from Dr. Miller @ 7:11AM!

Last edited:
Got accepted @7:14!!! Class of 2022!!!! Woah!!!!

Got accepted @7:14!!! Class of 2022!!!! Woah!!!!
Are you for sure going to Dallas!? If so, why are you choosing Dallas if you don’t mind me asking? I know all three Texas schools are great, but I just feel like choosing between the 3 is a huge very scary life decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.