2017 ****The Official Temple University Kornberg Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get the email saying their application was still being reviewed?

Reactions: 1 user
Guess its more of a general email to everyone that applied, maybe?

Got the same one just now. I think it was sent to everyone since the head starts with Dear applicant...

Mine said: "At this time, your application remains active until a decision has been made or the class has reached full capacity." Is that what everyone else got? It didn't mention it was still being under review, just that it was active :/ I did send them an email a few hours earlier, but it sounded more like a general email that wasn't a direct reply to my letter and started with "Dear applicant"

Mine said: "At this time, your application remains active until a decision has been made or the class has reached full capacity." Is that what everyone else got? It didn't mention it was still being under review, just that it was active :/ I did send them an email a few hours earlier, but it sounded more like a general email that wasn't a direct reply to my letter and started with "Dear applicant"

Yep, same one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know I'm late to the party but ACCEPTED!! In-state

-Sent in app first week of June, then supplement within 2-3 days of receiving in mid-late august
-Offer to interview Sept 16.
-Interview October 12- I honestly think I murdered that interview. My friend is a D1 so I had him on the inside telling me everything to expect then he was with us during the day so the inside man really helped
-Accepted December 1st 12:02 AM
-dropped my deposit in person

Gpa- 3.6/ Science GPA- 3.45/ DAT 22 AA, 22 TS, 21 Bio, 20 GC, 26 OC, 22 PAT, 21 Math, 20 Reading

Can't wait to meet everyone going and best of luck to those still waiting! - PM for advice

Class of 2021 we out *Mic drop*

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone had any luck with communication to Temple Admissions? I've e-mailed them in the past, both with the Admissions e-mail and Brian's e-mail, but I've never gotten a response or acknowledgement of the receipt of my e-mail. I was hoping to send them a letter of intent to show my interest since I've yet to receive an interview and would like one :( Are they still offering interviews?
They replied to mine at last.

Anyone else who has not interviewed yet have their AADSAS status changed to under review today??

Anyone else who has not interviewed yet have their AADSAS status changed to under review today??

My status hasn't changed from "Received/Under review" since August. I haven't received an interview yet either :\

Reactions: 1 users
Sometime in August.. However, my AU was just mailed on January 27th.. maybe that could have something to do with it?? or not...

My timeline is similar to you except it went under review in September and hasn't changed since..

When do you guys think we will be hearing back soon about more interviews?

When's the last day they offer interview for this cycle?

Did any other 3+4 applicant get an email from Brian asking you to give him an update on spring grades?

Did any other 3+4 applicant get an email from Brian asking you to give him an update on spring grades?
Yea, I'm a 3+4 student who got accepted in mid December. All that I know is that they definitely want to see your final transcript after the spring semester is complete.

In reference to the newly received February 2017 Acceptance Memo Email I got today, anyone confused by how to create the diluted bleach solution for collecting teeth?

Also, are we supposed to call any dentist and just ask if we can collect extracted teeth? Anyone have experience on this part?

Edit: Just did some googling and came across this:

"Understanding the concentration of your bleach solution is important for achieving effective disinfection. Bleach (usually 5.25% or 6.00%–6.15% sodium hypochlorite depending upon manufacturer) is usually diluted in water at 1:10 or 1:100. Approximate dilutions are 1-1/2 cups of bleach in a gallon of water for a 1:10 dilution (~6,000 ppm) or 1/4 cup of bleach in a gallon of water for a 1:100 dilution (~600 ppm)."

Source: http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/735976O/disinfection-with-bleach-tech-talk.pdf

So for the required 1:10 commercial chlorine bleach solution:
Use 1-1/2 cups of bleach per gallon of water (~6,000 ppm/1:10 dilution).
Does that sound right?

So are we supposed to create the solution ourselves, or the dentist?

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed in January heard back? I've contacted them a couple times and they said they'll send out decisions soon

Anyone remember how long the interview lasted until? The itinerary says 1:30 but on the phone I was told 3:30.

Anyone remember how long the interview lasted until? The itinerary says 1:30 but on the phone I was told 3:30.

It depends on when you go. It's basically a free-for-all. There is no interview order. The first interview was at like 1:30, so that person was done around 1:40. I was like 9th in my interview group and I didn't leave til 3:30ish and there were still 3 people that needed to interview after me.

Does anybody have the phone number we can call the school at?

I am having trouble creating my TU account and cannot find the new student link Terry stated in the email. Can anyone help me out, am I missing something?!

I am having trouble creating my TU account and cannot find the new student link Terry stated in the email. Can anyone help me out, am I missing something?!

Yes, it is not called new student anymore. Click on: AccessNet Account Activation on the right

got an email about their post bac program. guess that's soft a rejection then

If you guys got the email about the post-bacc, I would highly recommend that you apply if you plan on reapplying (I think like 80% of last year's students got in somewhere after this program). It is still a new and amazing program that teaches a ton about dentistry clinically and lecture-based. There has already been a ton of students that were accepted to a dental school in my class. There is a thread on SDN about it (and an official temple post-bacc website), but if you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me.

This program beats every other post-bacc/masters program, hands down. If you don't believe me then PM me.

Last edited:
If you guys got the email about the post-bacc, I would highly recommend that you apply if you plan on reapplying (I think like 80% of last year's students got in somewhere after this program). It is still a new and amazing program that teaches a ton about dentistry clinically and lecture-based. There has already been a ton of students that were accepted to a dental school in my class. There is a thread on SDN about it (and an official temple post-bacc website), but if you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me.

This program beats every other post-bacc/masters program, hands down. If you don't believe me then PM me.
I got the same email and considering it, but two things. 1. I already have my master's in biology, would this be worth it? 2. I have an 18 AA on my DAT, if I retake the DAT again to get a 20 AA that they require for admission to the dental school after the program will it matter if that will be my 5th time taking the DAT? I emailed admissions with these questions, just seeing if anyone on here knows!

I got the same email and considering it, but two things. 1. I already have my master's in biology, would this be worth it? 2. I have an 18 AA on my DAT, if I retake the DAT again to get a 20 AA that they require for admission to the dental school after the program will it matter if that will be my 5th time taking the DAT? I emailed admissions with these questions, just seeing if anyone on here knows!
The best thing is to get the answer from the adcoms, I don't think it would matter if it is your 5th time as long as you have the 20AA that is not 2 years+ old. But, if money is not too big of a barrier (40k), then I would say go for it if you don't have an acceptance this year. This program is pretty much a guaranteed acceptance if you meet the 3 requirements as long as you don't mess up big time on the professionlism.

got an email about their post bac program. guess that's soft a rejection then

Yeah same. Was that email sent to everyone that applied and didn't get in/an interview?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I don't think it's a soft rejection I think they are just giving you a possible route JUST IN CASE you get rejected.