2017 ****The Official Temple University Kornberg Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

How do we know if they got our deposit? ... My tracking said it was delivered monday but my check hasn't been deposited yet, uhm...

Your status on AADSAS will change from "Offer Made" to "Offer Accepted"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an offer to interview! I've been reading this thread, so is there a video interview? Because they scheduled my interview for Mid-Jan. How was the interview overall? This is my first interview and i am very nervous!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an offer to interview! I've been reading this thread, so is there a video interview? Because they scheduled my interview for Mid-Jan. How was the interview overall? This is my first interview and i am very nervous!
Yay congrats! Yes, there's a video interview so if you're camera shy I would practice in front of a camera. It's really not stressful at all, I went in said the things I wanted to say, answered their ethical question, did the manual dexterity, and came out. There's 2 types of people, those who prepare everything they want to say word for word and those who wing it. I just noted some points I wanted to cover and winged it when I got in. I also think how well your interview group interacted with each other affects your chances. Everyone in my group was amazing (shoutout to you Damien) and we all got along so well we even took a group photo at the end haha.

Reactions: 2 users
Yay congrats! Yes, there's a video interview so if you're camera shy I would practice in front of a camera. It's really not stressful at all, I went in said the things I wanted to say, answered their ethical question, did the manual dexterity, and came out. There's 2 types of people, those who prepare everything they want to say word for word and those who wing it. I just noted some points I wanted to cover and winged it when I got in. I also think how well your interview group interacted with each other affects your chances. Everyone in my group was amazing (shoutout to you Damien) and we all got along so well we even took a group photo at the end haha.

Okay great thank you! Is the manual dexterity part difficult?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also were the questions difficult to answer?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Honestly, the entire day is awesome. Just go in and be yourself. I think my entire video interview, including the dexterity test, came to around 3.5-4 minutes max, and I got accepted. They just want to see eye contact and genuine people, not a robot whose trying to recall a soliloquy. Be yourself and you will be fine.

And the ethical questions are pretty much basic interview questions that you can imagine. (i.e. biggest strength/weakness and why)

Everyone in my group was amazing (shoutout to you Damien) and we all got along so well we even took a group photo at the end haha.
*Blush* Hands down the most entertaining interview I've ever had.

Is the manual dexterity part difficult? Also were the questions difficult to answer?
Not at all! There's very little ambiguity with the moral question, so answer it with a sense of dignity. As for the dexterity "test" (if you can call it that)... it's actually easier than getting dressed for the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will be declining my offer. Best of luck to those attending!

Can temple accept an undergrad gpa below a 3.0 and a cumulative(combined grad and undergrad) gpas of 2.9? My DATs are 18 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT, 22 GC, 22 OC, 17 BIO, 17 QR, 14 RC?

Does anybody know if the school is open Jan 2nd and 3rd? Sent my deposit via FedEx 2 day air on the 23rd (requiring signature) and it still hasn't been delivered because nobody was there to sign. To say I am freaking out because the deadline to pay the deposit is the 3rd is an understatement.

Does anybody know if the school is open Jan 2nd and 3rd? Sent my deposit via FedEx 2 day air on the 23rd (requiring signature) and it still hasn't been delivered because nobody was there to sign. To say I am freaking out because the deadline to pay the deposit is the 3rd is an understatement.
I would not freak out. Just email Brian Hahn describing your situation.

They will be back Tuesday Jan 3rd.

I'm in the same boat. UPS is still holding my deposit for delivery. Did yours get delivered today? I emailed Brian and admissions a few days ago, but it would be of some relief to see the package get delivered lol.

I'm in the same boat. UPS is still holding my deposit for delivery. Did yours get delivered today? I emailed Brian and admissions a few days ago, but it would be of some relief to see the package get delivered lol.

Yep, mine finally got delivered today! Such a relief.

Just got access to my TUid and TUportal. Anyone know if we have to do anything once we set it up?

Received an interview invite today via email, but I will be declining it. Good luck to all the applicants! :)

For the video interview aspect - Does the time limit (6 mins) include the ethical prompt or do we have full 6 mins for our own discussion?

For the video interview aspect - Does the time limit (6 mins) include the ethical prompt or do we have full 6 mins for our own discussion?

I second this. Still confused if the interview part involves a self-led discussion or questions thrown out.

I'm happy I got an interview Jan. 19! The Terminal Reading Market has the absolute best donuts.

I second this. Still confused if the interview part involves a self-led discussion or questions thrown out.

I'm happy I got an interview Jan. 19! The Terminal Reading Market has the absolute best donuts.

You walk into a room with a long table. At the other end of the table is a man with a camera on a tripod. He says you have six minutes to talk about whatever you want to talk about. Within those six minutes you have to pick one of the cards on the table, flip it over and answer its ethical question. You must also finish this peg board within this six minutes with only one hand (it's easy). He will hold up que cards (2 min, 1 min , 30 seconds) to help you keep track of time because at 6 minutes the video ends. Talk for about 4 min...flip card and answer question...do peg board and thank them for having you. The end.

My tip would be to have a few points you want to talk about rather then trying to script your entire interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone,

I am a recently accepted Canadian student. Just wondering if there are any other accepted Canadians and which banks you are having the most luck with in the U.S applying for a loan.

Good luck to all those interviewing, and congratulations to all those accepted.

Hello everyone,

I am a recently accepted Canadian student. Just wondering if there are any other accepted Canadians and which banks you are having the most luck with in the U.S applying for a loan.

Hello everyone,

Fellow Canadian here! Although I won't be much help, haha. I will be looking into this myself; as far as I know a US co-signer is required. I'm not sure if you spoke to Ms. Nyquist but she said she can connect us with current Canadian students to help us with these kinds of questions!

Fellow Canadian here! Although I won't be much help, haha. I will be looking into this myself; as far as I know a US co-signer is required. I'm not sure if you spoke to Ms. Nyquist but she said she can connect us with current Canadian students to help us with these kinds of questions!
That was new info to me, I sent her an email this morning thank you!

anyone know if it is possible to stow away our luggage at Temple through the interview day?
i have a train to catch right after.

Good luck on your interview tomorrow IvySaur.

anyone know if it is possible to stow away our luggage at Temple through the interview day?
Yes. you can put your stuffs in Brian's Office. He will be the Man of your day.

I set up my TUportal 2 weeks ago but Temple keeps sending me the same email every week about setting it up. Anyone else having this issue?

Any chance to still get an interview here? I haven't heard anything back :(

Can anyone tell me why they want to go to Temple? Their website is very bare and they don't brag a lot about the programs they offer students. So I was wondering

Can anyone tell me why they want to go to Temple? Their website is very bare and they don't brag a lot about the programs they offer students. So I was wondering

Dental school websites are uninspiring by nature and you can always refer to the Dean's Message (Any Dean's Message) for some aggrandizement.

Personally speaking, Temple is convenient by location and advertise a strong clinical education. Even if I don't end up attending, I'd highly recommend it to those with interest.

Has anyone had any luck with communication to Temple Admissions? I've e-mailed them in the past, both with the Admissions e-mail and Brian's e-mail, but I've never gotten a response or acknowledgement of the receipt of my e-mail. I was hoping to send them a letter of intent to show my interest since I've yet to receive an interview and would like one :( Are they still offering interviews?