2017 ****The Official Temple University Kornberg Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

ash01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else received this message?

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application to the four-year program at the Kornberg School of Dentistry. Please be informed that the school will not request the supplemental application and fee at this time. Please be assured that your application is being processed, and you need not call about your application status. Supplemental applications and fee may be requested mid-August.

Sincerely,"

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, seems like we won't be hearing about interview invites from them for a while.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone seeing a status from temple in the aadsas school decisions tab? Of all the schools I applied to Temple is the only one not listed, wanted to make sure it's not just me

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone seeing a status from temple in the aadsas school decisions tab? Of all the schools I applied to Temple is the only one not listed, wanted to make sure it's not just me
I'm not seeing anything either

Reactions: 1 users
They haven't even sent out supplementals yet, so wait.

Do I still just wait for the supplements to be sent out mid-August before I contact them because I didn't even receive the above email from...

Do I still just wait for the supplements to be sent out mid-August before I contact them because I didn't even receive the above email from...
Wait till mid-August and/or when you hear on SDN people receiving secondaries. I know you didn't receive an email but they made it very clear not to contact them about admission status. Sad I know...

Just saw this post 5 minutes after I called inquiring about admission status. Maybe I'll go have myself a cry.

I only left a message - I've tried calling for 40 minutes at a time twice before this. Either they're SUPER busy or they are stone cold serious about not calling.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess if its worth anything, Temple was pretty behind in comparison to other schools. Last year I received my supplemental the last week of July. I received my interview invite in late september and I interviewed in the second week of october (this was the first set of interviews offered). Good Luck, enjoy the rest of your summers!

got a message back - they are experience problems with their new payment system, so there's a slight delay. no emails have been sent out. we should get one shortly. they review everything in september. not sure why my phone isn't auto capitalizing.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an email from them and saw the words "Application Update" and my heart stopped

Turns out it was a PSA that they won't request supplementals until mid/late August

Reactions: 4 users
Same

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 3 users
Got the same email... Twice. They're probably pissed people keep calling/emailing.

Reactions: 2 users
Not to beat a dead horse but, I got that email too.

Yeah I think they do, got it as well (it's just a payment + info confirmation).

I just got the supplemental and fee email too! the receipt says "Due to the high volume of applications, the review process continues through June" but is that a mistake?? June of next year?? :eek: :confused::(

Last edited:
I received the secondary application and fee e-mail and paid the fee in addition to verifying my basic contact information. It said that my secondary application was sent at that point. Does this mean there is no secondary application besides just paying the fee, or did I miss a link somewhere?

I received the secondary application and fee e-mail and paid the fee. It said that my secondary application was sent at that point. Does this mean there is no secondary application besides just paying the fee, or did I miss a link somewhere?

Correct.

Also want to confirm: this is just a fee and confirmation of contact information, correct? No essays?

quick and easy, done within a minute. All supplementals should be like this lol

Reactions: 4 users
Everyone knows that Temples Supp is short and to the point!

Whats the consequence of not selecting "anyone who inquires anout my application" when they ask "i hereby authorize..."?
Thanks in advance!

Whats the consequence of not selecting "anyone who inquires anout my application" when they ask "i hereby authorize..."?
Thanks in advance!

I think there's a chance that if you use a prehealth committee at your undergrad, and they need to access your application for some reason? i have no clue what... then it might not be good?
I have no clue :p i didn't want to cause any trouble so I just said to authorize anyone lol

Does this mean that Temple will show up on our school decisions now? Because they say to check the portal regularly.

When they say they want your AADSAS number, is that your AADSAS ID? I keep entering mine in but it always says AADSAS not found.

Edit: disregard this I'm dumb

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Thanks in advance!
Lol pretty sure I'm gonna look like an idiot on this one. I wasn't sure what to put so I said only authorize the following individuals and then wrote my own name... and that's the only name I wrote.

Temple appeared on AADSAS, anyone else?