7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
1429704467-amateur.jpg

At least you got the title right the second time around :p

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says none still but I have one pre-req that I haven't completed yet so they may scrap mine.

Should complete it.
I need biochem and my school only offers it in the spring, and I can't take it anywhere else because this version counts as a writing intensive course and I need it for my biotech degree.

I need biochem and my school only offers it in the spring, and I can't take it anywhere else because this version counts as a writing intensive course and I need it for my biotech degree.

You have to find a way to take it before then or you will not get an interview. I spoke to Mrs. Berry and she said you will not be considered if the pre-reqs are not done. It says it on the website. Here is a link to check it out Admissions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hope you didn't pay the application fee, cause that would be a bummer.

just keep your eyes peeled. mine changed out of nowhere. the only email i have gotten is the one for paying the app fee
If you don't mind, when did you receive the email for paying the fee, after how many days from submitting your application?

If you don't mind, when did you receive the email for paying the fee, after how many days from submitting your application?
the link to pay the fee is on the admissions website. they dont email you with a link as far as i know.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Biochem was a make or break this past cycle, I certainly wouldn't overlook it this time around

Took a pre-req during summer A. I assume it would be in my best interest to send in a new transcript?

Took a pre-req during summer A. I assume it would be in my best interest to send in a new transcript?

Yes absolutely, gotta keep them updated.

My AADSAS says "None", though, I submitted everything.

Anyone's status change from none?

Hmm my aadsas status changed to under review a while ago but never got an email about it...
Mine has been 'none' for the longest time. Just got the email and my status changed to "received/under review"

I don't understand. Can't it be listed as a planned course? Some people are juniors and haven't taken all the pre-reqs so what's the big fuss?

Stony requires you to finish every prerequisite before applying.

I don't understand. Can't it be listed as a planned course? Some people are juniors and haven't taken all the pre-reqs so what's the big fuss?
In the past students said they planned to take the course but then didn't so they've become more strict about it I guess.

It is what it is. Stony Brook can make their own rules and people can decide to care or not. Not much I can say aside for thats the way it worked this past cycle although it's possible it may differ this cycle.

Stony requires you to finish every prerequisite before applying.

It is what it is. Stony Brook can make their own rules and people can decide to care or not. Not much I can say aside for thats the way it worked this past cycle although it's possible it may differ this cycle.
In the past students said they planned to take the course but then didn't so they've become more strict about it I guess.
Are there other schools like this?

I was contacted by admission director today because I did not have a toefl score. Will it be too late if I take it this month? The score will come out two weeks after taking the test.

Nope, Rutgers! Columbia is on 10/20.

Oohh, my friend interviewed at columbia on that day lol. Hopefully stony gets the gears rolling, most of us aren't at the clinic so wouldn't see you guys. Unless if they have Thursday interviews which I know they don't lol.

anyone know the average stats for Stony Brook? Thanks!

Like 3.6 21.5

Reactions: 2 users
Yup 4/44 is from OOs in my class

Never asked lol, so can't help you there.

Is it true that stony likes students who are more research oriented?

Status
Not open for further replies.