***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

my first choice too. haven't heard anything

Members don't see this ad.

if this helps at all, as much as I loved the school, I do not think I will be attending. Hopefully one of you can get my spot :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who received interviews/acceptances... what type of contact did SBUSDM have with you prior to being invited? My DAT scores were not uploaded until mid November, I am assuming that's why I have not heard anything just yet but even before that everything has been silent!! Gah

For those who received interviews/acceptances... what type of contact did SBUSDM have with you prior to being invited? My DAT scores were not uploaded until mid November, I am assuming that's why I have not heard anything just yet but even before that everything has been silent!! Gah
Other than an acceptance on Dec 1 and a confirmation of the interview date (because they invite you for an interview over the phone), I only received an email saying "This email confirms that your application from AADSAS for admission to the Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine, Class of 2021 has been received and is under review" back in July. Your DAT scores were uploaded a bit late so that probably is the reason why you haven't heard anything. What does your portal say? Does it say "under review"?

Reactions: 1 user
Other than an acceptance on Dec 1 and a confirmation of the interview date (because they invite you for an interview over the phone), I only received an email saying "This email confirms that your application from AADSAS for admission to the Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine, Class of 2021 has been received and is under review" back in July. Your DAT scores were uploaded a bit late so that probably is the reason why you haven't heard anything. What does your portal say? Does it say "under review"?
Yes, it say's under review! Good? Bad? lol

Is there a Facebook page for class of 2021?

anyone know the date the deposits are due?

anyone know the date the deposits are due?
I just made my deposit. I think you are supposed to deposit before the date stated on your acceptance letter. But double check with stony.

Does anyone know how the background check is done by stony brook? Do we receive any email or do we do it by ourselves?

I dont think Stonybrook participates in the Certiphi check. They aren't listed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think Stonybrook participates in the Certiphi check. They aren't listed.
Yes I noticed that. Would you happen to know how stony brook has done these checks in the past?

I have no idea. You should email/call them to ask about their way of doing it.

Looks like I'm in!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Invited for an interview!

Honestly thought my application was already in the recycle bin since my status for Stony Brook was permanently stuck on "08/04/2016 Received/Under Review"

Hey guys, is the class for 2021 already filled? does anyone know more info about if there will be any more interviews from this point forward?

Was wondering about the amount of seats remaining as well..they said they were conducting interviews until February but the FB group looked pretty filled (I know there's current students in there as well)

Majority are students. I think there is still a good 1/4 of the class still waiting to be filled.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder when we will hear about the waitlist/rejections... seems like a lot of time has already gone by

Also does anyone know when first years start school? When is the latest someone can find out about an acceptance here

You can find out as late as July. Someone got in then. School starts early August I believe.

yes i am, what are your stats? i deff applied too late i just recently retook my dat at the end of december

I have a 3.98 GPA overall and 4.00 sci. major
My dat:
22 AA
21 TS

I heard they still do interviews in February though, so you never know. It all depends on how full the class is already unfortunately :T

Last edited:
I know someone interviewing this Friday.

I know someone interviewing this Friday.
how small are the interviews ? how many people do they interview in one session. like when I went to my BU interview there were only 10 people so im assuming stony brook interviews even less?

My interview was 7 people including myself, and my friend's interview was 5 people

So apparently they are still interviewing. My friend is scheduled for the 17th.

Does anyone know at least one person that has been waitlisted thus far?
At least one??

They haven't released it yet. I think the two week delay pushed their timeline from Feb 4th further.

i called yesterday asking about the status of my application and they said that it was still active, so they haven't released waitlist or rejected information yet

Woww rejected post interview. Interviewed early November. Solid stats. Been volunteering time at the school for several months now. Dad graduated from the dental school. Major bummer, as SB was my top choice. I've lived on Long Island my entire life and would have liked to continue doing so. I'm very fortunate to have been accepted into some wonderful dental schools this cycle, but I'm surprised about this one!! Best of luck to everyone else!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Woww rejected post interview. Interviewed early November. Solid stats. Been volunteering time at the school for several months now. Dad graduated from the dental school. Major bummer, as SB was my top choice. I've lived on Long Island my entire life and would have liked to continue doing so. I'm very fortunate to have been accepted into some wonderful dental schools this cycle, but I'm surprised about this one!! Best of luck to everyone else!!

Stony Brook has always been an enigma. Other than competitive applicants, I believe they look for small nuances. I can never wrap my head around what preferences they look for in an applicant.

Oh wow thats a shame. Where are you heading?

rejected as well after interviewing in mid-september