***The Official Ohio State University c/o 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I got rejected yesterday. Ohio resident, 3.9 oGPA, 3.85 science, 21/21/18 dat. ? Why?
I'm with you, I'm an Ohio resident, gpa 3.6, dat 20 had an interview and didn't get in but got into UCSF

Members don't see this ad.

To date, I know about 30 kids who are in dental school and just got accepted today and none of them have under a 20 on the PAT. Is your 18 on PAT? That could be why. I know plenty of kids who got 19's and had high GPA, AA, TS, ect but did not get accepted. Not saying its the reason, but just from my understanding, thats the magic number..

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
To date, I know about 30 kids who are in dental school and just got accepted today and none of them have under a 20 on the PAT. Is your 18 on PAT? That could be why. I know plenty of kids who got 19's and had high GPA, AA, TS, ect but did not get accepted. Not saying its the reason, but just from my understanding, thats the magic number..
I did get an 18 on my pat too

I know a girl that got in today and she got 19 on the DAT. The only thing that was above a 20 was her PAT score. Her GPA is around a 3.6. Obviously the admissions committee looks at things other then the DAT and GPA.

Last edited:
I just got an email from OSU about being on the alternative list.

Yeah I'm talking just PAT. Dat I've heard of lower, but not PAT. All have been over 20..

Me too are you instate or out of state? Looks like they no longer tell you your position
In State. And yea I really wanted to call them up and ask what my position is but I guess we can't do that anymore!

I received a REJECTION email the day before December 1. it said my application will not be considered. Did anyone else get this??

Edit: It actually said my application was carefully reviewed and they arn't going to give me an offer of acceptance.

Last edited:
I received a REJECTION email the day before December 1. it said my application will not be considered. Did anyone else get this??

Edit: It actually said my application was carefully reviewed and they arn't going to give me an offer of acceptance.

I'm actually really surprised OSU sent out rejection emails. I've never heard them do that unless there's been an issue with the application or other requirements. If I were you I would contact the admissions office and ask them why you got that email. They should be able to tell you why.

I'm actually really surprised OSU sent out rejection emails. I've never heard them do that unless there's been an issue with the application or other requirements. If I were you I would contact the admissions office and ask them why you got that email. They should be able to tell you why.
Have you heard of anyone else getting this?
Also I emailed them and they said they will not tell me anything until February 2016.
If their were problems in the application I wouldn't have received an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard of anyone else getting this?
Also I emailed them and they said they will not tell me anything until February 2016.
If their were problems in the application I wouldn't have received an interview.

Yes I have heard from current dental students about how OSU doesn't really send out rejections. But when they do (and this is after people have already interviewed) it's because there was a problem with their application and they didn't catch it until later. So a dental student told me that during the year they had applied someone took a class that they thought would count as credit to apply to dental school. They had already interviewed and everything but later found out that the class wouldn't count. So because of this they weren't considered anymore. Another dental student told me about how she almost got rejected too because one of the advisors forgot to transfer the credits of a class she took at another school. So yea rejections do occur, but very rarely. But you got this email yesterday, so it might be something else.

Reactions: 1 user
Since they are done calling, it's safe to assume that everyone who didn't receive a call today is on the waitlist. I was looking at previous Ohio State threads and it looks like in a couple of days we can call the admissions office to find out what number you are on the waitlist.
What are our chances of acceptance after being waitlisted? Does everyone who doesn't receive an acceptance or rejection get put into the waitlist?

So who's starting the Facebook page?! Lol

What are our chances of acceptance after being waitlisted? Does everyone who doesn't receive an acceptance or rejection get put into the waitlist?
Yes I think anyone who doesn't get an acceptance or rejection notice should be waitlisted. And I think everyone who is waitlisted should have gotten an email about it yesterday. As for the chances, I am not sure. A D1 told me how his friend, who was number 30 on the waitlist, got accepted last year. It really all depends on what number you are on the waitlist and how many people don't accept their offer. And the waitlist is split up into 2 groups - one's instate and the other's out of state. I've heard the out of state list moves quicker than the instate list.

Yes I think anyone who doesn't get an acceptance or rejection notice should be waitlisted. And I think everyone who is waitlisted should have gotten an email about it yesterday. As for the chances, I am not sure. A D1 told me how his friend, who was number 30 on the waitlist, got accepted last year. It really all depends on what number you are on the waitlist and how many people don't accept their offer. And the waitlist is split up into 2 groups - one's instate and the other's out of state. I've heard the out of state list moves quicker than the instate list.
Do you know when they got in off the waitlist? 30 people off the waitlist seems like a lot more movement than I expected. Does anyone know any IS applicants who are declining?

Anyone who accepted being on the alternate list get a follow up email yet?

Do you know when they got in off the waitlist? 30 people off the waitlist seems like a lot more movement than I expected. Does anyone know any IS applicants who are declining?
Sorry I don't know that. And 30 people off the waitlist is a lot of movement. But to be realistic, it isn't the same every year. Maybe this year, only 5 IS people will get off the waitlist. Idk. I really do hope the list moves a lot though.

Sorry I don't know that. And 30 people off the waitlist is a lot of movement. But to be realistic, it isn't the same every year. Maybe this year, only 5 IS people will get off the waitlist. Idk. I really do hope the list moves a lot though.
That's true, did you get an email yet after you accepted a spot on the waitlist?

That's true, did you get an email yet after you accepted a spot on the waitlist?
I haven't received an email yet. Have you? I think people have till Dec 5th to submit that form, so maybe they'll send it out all together afterwards? And on my decision portal on AADSAS, it says wait listed for OSU and the decision date was 12/1/15. But then my decision date changed to 12/2/15. Did yours do that too? I am not sure if this is because they are going to be updating the decision everyday or just once in a while...

Edit: I lied. People have till January 1st to submit the alternative form. But I haven't received an email yet...

I haven't received an email yet. Have you? I think people have till Dec 5th to submit that form, so maybe they'll send it out all together afterwards? And on my decision portal on AADSAS, it says wait listed for OSU and the decision date was 12/1/15. But then my decision date changed to 12/2/15. Did yours do that too? I am not sure if this is because they are going to be updating the decision everyday or just once in a while...

Edit: I lied. People have till January 1st to submit the alternative form. But I haven't received an email yet...
Hmm... That's weird, no mine still says 12/1/15. I just want to make sure my opt in thing went through and everything because the last thing I want is to lose my position on the list! I guess I just like confirmation emails:)

Hmm... That's weird, no mine still says 12/1/15. I just want to make sure my opt in thing went through and everything because the last thing I want is to lose my position on the list! I guess I just like confirmation emails:)

Before I actually submitted the form, I double checked to make sure I picked Yes and not No lol. They even said in the email that they will send out the alternative packet email right when the form is submitted so I don't know what's happening. If you get an email from them and if your decision date changes like mine on AADSAS then do let me know! I'll do the same.

Before I actually submitted the form, I double checked to make sure I picked Yes and not No lol. They even said in the email that they will send out the alternative packet email right when the form is submitted so I don't know what's happening. If you get an email from them and if your decision date changes like mine on AADSAS then do let me know! I'll do the same.

I declined a spot on the waitlist and received an update on my portal that says offer declined this morning. I'm assuming if your portal hasn't changed you're still on the waitlist.

I declined a spot on the waitlist and received an update on my portal that says offer declined this morning. I'm assuming if your portal hasn't changed you're still on the waitlist.
Oh ok. Did your portal say wait listed before though? I think my decision got updated because they received my form.

Will do! I wanna say I opted in late in the day on the 1st but I can't remember

Got a call from a D3 at OSU this afternoon. It was a nice touch.

Got a call from a D3 at OSU this afternoon. It was a nice touch.
That's awesome! That probably means you were at the top of the wait list. Are you instate or out of state?

oh. It's just that he said "this afternoon", so I thought he meant today.

To clarify, I was accepted on the 1st. The D3 was calling just to congratulate and see if I had any questions about the school and dental program. We chatted for about 25 minutes.

To clarify, I was accepted on the 1st. The D3 was calling just to congratulate and see if I had any questions about the school and dental program. We chatted for about 25 minutes.
gotcha

Phew got the alternate list email!

Please tell me I'm not the only one keeping track of how many people join the osu class of 2020 Facebook group #obsessed. But I really think it's probably a good indicator of how many seats are for sure filled .... 48 right now...

Reactions: 1 users
Please tell me I'm not the only one keeping track of how many people join the osu class of 2020 Facebook group #obsessed. But I really think it's probably a good indicator of how many seats are for sure filled .... 48 right now...

I think they made all 110 calls. I know for a fact of at least one person who is waiting ot join the group until they officially commit to the school, which we have until January to do. (And no, I'm not talking about my self LOL. I joined the group even though I haven't committed yet and am still deciding between OSU and UF.

I joined both FB groups because part of what will help me decide is FB stalking my potential future classmates.

I think they made all 110 calls. I know for a fact of at least one person who is waiting ot join the group until they officially commit to the school, which we have until January to do. (And no, I'm not talking about my self LOL. I joined the group even though I haven't committed yet and am still deciding between OSU and UF.

I joined both FB groups because part of what will help me decide is FB stalking my potential future classmates.
Oh yeah I know that they made all the calls but I still think it's kind of promising that there's only 50 members on there so far. I did join the school I got into and yeah kind of interesting to kind of see which class you think you'd fit in with more. But I would definitely pick UF over OSU if I were you......

:angelic:

The wait list has officially started moving everyone! Received the acceptance call about an hour ago!

Accepted today! Was put on the waitlist on 12/1. OOS

Just got accepted today! OOS

I was waitlisted on 12/1 as well.

Accepted today off the instate waitlist! I was waitlisted 12/1.