***The Official Ohio State University c/o 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I went into postle hall and talked to office of admissions, they said that they're done calling for the day ):

You should have asked if they fill spots that are turned down since you were there!

You should have asked if they fill spots that are turned down since you were there!
I did! they said they might call other if people turn down interview spots but ... I feel like I shouldn't be holding out for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got the call while I was at work, called back and am good to go!

I just got an interview call about 10 minutes ago!

Reactions: 3 users
Nice! Mail out date?

My AADSAS mail out date was like June 29 but my entire application wasn't complete until like August 10. This means there's hope for other people! I also have to prepare really quick since the interview is this Friday.

My AADSAS mail out date was like June 29 but my entire application wasn't complete until like August 10. This means there's hope for other people! I also have to prepare really quick since the interview is this Friday.
What are your stats? I am assuming if any last second spots somehow open up they will be calling people in Ohio with similar stats

What are your stats? I am assuming if any last second spots somehow open up they will be calling people in Ohio with similar stats
My sGPA is 3.2 and my oGPA is 3.4. My DAT avg/t.science/pat = 20/20/20.
My GPAs are low because of a problem I had freshman year. My GPA at the end of freshman year was below a 3.00. But yea I think they will continue on getting more openings for the interviews. When the advisor called me, he told me that someone had called that morning and declined the interview, so he called me up right then. And there are 2 more interviews left so I wouldn't be too worried. If your stats are similar to mine (or even better) then I would still be hopeful.

Reactions: 1 users
My sGPA is 3.2 and my oGPA is 3.4. My DAT avg/t.science/pat = 20/20/20.
My GPAs are low because of a problem I had freshman year. My GPA at the end of freshman year was below a 3.00. But yea I think they will continue on getting more openings for the interviews. When the advisor called me, he told me that someone had called that morning and declined the interview, so he called me up right then. And there are 2 more interviews left so I wouldn't be too worried. If your stats are similar to mine (or even better) then I would still be hopeful.
Ah yes, our stats are very similar (I posted mine earlier in the thread...our GPAs are essentially flipped, but my DAT is lower) and my mail out was August 14th so I still will pray for an opportunity

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone needs to cancel their interview for the 14th so I can swoop in on it!!!:laugh:

I saw a lot of interviewees on campus this last weekend. Hope everything went well.

Awesome experience, this is a great program! Now the waiting game begins...
Yeah definitely I am counting down the days for sure. I wish I had a better feeling about the interview, I think it went well but I didn't leave feeling over the top like I nailed it:nailbiting:

anyone gonna cancel their interview or nahhh?

Finally got a "denied" e-mail after months of silence (OOS, no interview). Not mad though, great program. Good luck all!

Last edited:
Nope but they did send a tweet/FB status saying they were preparing to start calls about an hour ago.

Just got the call!!! I'm in state! Good luck to everyone!

I heard they go alphabetical, so hopefully we will all hear something soon. I got denied to Case Western late last night.

I heard they go alphabetical, so hopefully we will all hear something soon. I got denied to Case Western late last night.
Was this without an interview invitation? I got an email last night asking if I still want to be considered for spring interviews but I thought they sent that out to everyone. . .

There's no order. My friend with a last name after me got a call before me

Reactions: 1 user
How long are the phone calls? I'm hoping they're just taking a while..

Got the call at 11:00 sharp! Interviewed 10/31, last name starts with W

I doubt they're still calling. In the past they stopped around 2 hours after starting.. Maybe though!

I doubt they're still calling. In the past they stopped around 2 hours after starting.. Maybe though!
Do you think it's ok to call and ask if they tried to call me? I work in the o.r. And sometimes it won't allow people to even leave a voicemail even though it's setup

You would get an email in a few hours if you missed the call. They just posted on Twitter that they have completed the calls. I personally wouldn't call to see if you missed the call, because you will get an email later if thats the case.

Since they are done calling, it's safe to assume that everyone who didn't receive a call today is on the waitlist. I was looking at previous Ohio State threads and it looks like in a couple of days we can call the admissions office to find out what number you are on the waitlist.

I got rejected yesterday. Ohio resident, 3.9 oGPA, 3.85 science, 21/21/18 dat. ? Why?