***The Official Ohio State University c/o 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

rhp22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is apply to THE Ohio State University College of Dentistry?!

Members don't see this ad.

I've applied. I'm out of state in Tennessee and my application just processed and sent off to them on July 2nd. :)

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Supplemental application essay questions for reference:

1. Each of us is unique. Tell us what uniqueness you would contribute to the College of Dentistry. (225 word limit)

2. Everyone has faced some type of adversity. Describe a challenging circumstance in your life and tools, resources and other support you utilized to navigate the challenge successfully. (225 word limit)

3. What three achievements are you most proud of? (225 word limit)

4. Optional Essay: You may provide a statement below describing any supplemental information that would aid the admissions committee in the evaluation of your application. (225 word limit)

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email saying they received my application! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
I received an email on July 7th saying they received my application! Hopefully a supplemental to follow soon. :: fingers crossed ::

Anyone whose complete the supplemental hear anything? I'm just awaiting an App complete email or something.

Anyone whose complete the supplemental hear anything? I'm just awaiting an App complete email or something.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm hoping that app complete email will come by the end of the week. When one of the admissions counselors came to my school to visit she said that the interviews go out a month before the interview date. So sometime during the first week of August for the first date so the sooner the app is complete the more time they can count us for that date!

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm hoping that app complete email will come by the end of the week. When one of the admissions counselors came to my school to visit she said that the interviews go out a month before the interview date. So sometime during the first week of August for the first date so the sooner the app is complete the more time they can count us for that date!
Perfect thanks! Looking at the 2019 thread, looks like Ohio does updating a bit later! I know it's silly since the only thing they'd be confirming is the supplemental which is online but I just like to be put at ease.

Haven't completed supplemental yet because I'm having a hard time responding to the topics. I never have trouble writing either :-/

I mailed my supplemental in a while back and still haven't heard a peep from admissions.

I haven't mailed in my supp and they basically emailed me telling me to get on my ****.

I didn't get a supp complete email, but I did get an email saying my residency status has been reviewed (OOS). Submitted supp on 11 July.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get a supp complete email, but I did get an email saying my residency status has been reviewed (OOS). Submitted supp on 11 July.
We're you first batch?

Hey guys, I'm about to start my 2nd year at OSU. If you have any questions about the dental school/ program, Columbus, or Army HPSP, feel free to ask. It might be easier to send me a PM as I'll get an email notification, but I'll try to check here occasionally. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Got a supp complete email last wed the 22rd but haven't heard anything back. Portal still says Recived/Waiting for Additional Information

Got a supp complete email last wed the 22rd but haven't heard anything back. Portal still says Recived/Waiting for Additional Information
samsies. I doubt we'll get anything for a while.

Hey all! I was in the same boat as you this time last year. I will be a D1 at tOSU in less than 3 weeks. If anyone has any questions, PM me andI'll try to answer them.

Reactions: 5 users
This is a small thing that may not help anyone, but thought id share for those curious to see movement in OSU's application process:

I received an email Tuesday that they required a LOR from a science professor. I called and I spoke to a gentleman who said I could email it in since my other 4 are spoken for. My professor should be emaing it in this week.

My status also says "Waiting on additional information" and I'm second batch - so, they are moving through them.

When I got my "August Update" email from them today they specifically said to not call them because they are busy with next years applications.

Checking in, with a bit of a problem guys, so I want to pass it along.

sGPA 3.64
Overall 3.54
22AA
21 PAT

I am taking summer organic chemistry right now, which are my 8th and 9th prerequisites. With that said, I know they require 9 to apply, but AADSAS takes so long to validate coursework that I knew if I waited until my class was complete in mid August I'd miss the application deadline...so I e-submitted with only 7 prerequisites complete and they told me I am at serious risk for an auto-deny even if I send in a transcript once my 8th and 9th prereqs are complete. They take the application requirements very seriously, so check over them carefully.

Hoping for the best.

I submitted mine as well. They say interviews begin 09/5
I hate waiting!!!

I received an email today to set up my Ohio State portal. I hope this is a good sign!

I got my LOR in that they were looking for last week and they sent me an email Friday saying to wait 5-7 days for a supplemental.

They sent me two emails about my application being complete.

Got an Interview for September 5th!!

Notification date: 8/5/15
Method of notification: Phone Call then email
Residency: OH
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/10/15
Application complete date: 8/4/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.55 sci, 3.63 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/21/No

Reactions: 3 users
Got an interview for September 5th as well!

I am an OOS resident. AADSAS application sent 7/8/15 and tOSU application was complete on 7/30/15.

See you all on the 5th :)

Residency: NV
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/02/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.7 sci, 3.7 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/22/No

Reactions: 3 users
Sept. 5th interview as well

Residency: IN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
GPA 4.0 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/23/23/No

How long after submitting the supplemental did you guys receive an application complete email?

Hi all!

Quick question: I received an email from Ohio State earlier this morning about creating an account. I did so, but I dont see anything to complete (I was assuming there was a supplemental app??)

Do you just create an account? Or does someone email you with further instructions?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sent me an application complete email about a month ago, and, if I recall correctly, there are a few things you need to complete once you create your account. I'd recommend contacting them directly if this is a concern.

Hi all!

Quick question: I received an email from Ohio State earlier this morning about creating an account. I did so, but I dont see anything to complete (I was assuming there was a supplemental app??)

Do you just create an account? Or does someone email you with further instructions?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have the same question... anyone?

I received the same email this morning and I just emailed them asking if I am supposed to wait for another email to fill out a supplemental app. They are usually pretty quick to respond, so hopefully I will know by the end of the day.

Ok, like I said, they are quick. They emailed me back and said that supplementary applications go out tonight/tomorrow morning for those that got the OSU account creation email today. So keep an eye out on your email.

Y
Ok, like I said, they are quick. They emailed me back and said that supplementary applications go out tonight/tomorrow morning for those that got the OSU account creation email today. So keep an eye out on your email.
Yep I have them a call and they said the same thing. Good luck everyone!

Is there anyone still under review?
Mine was 2nd batch..... Submitted supplemental on 30th june...
I don not know what happen to me...
I did not get reject either,...
Do i needto just waiting??

Does anyone's portal say App Complete? I submitted my secondary mid July and it still says Recieved/Awaiting additional information.

Anyone know if a supplemental means you get an interview? I know for UK they sent me a supplemental and as soon as I submitted it I received and email saying I would receive interview dates to choose from. From the previous posts I get that it's not as quick as that but I was just wondering if it means you'll get an interview eventually?

Anyone know if a supplemental means you get an interview? I know for UK they sent me a supplemental and as soon as I submitted it I received and email saying I would receive interview dates to choose from. From the previous posts I get that it's not as quick as that but I was just wondering if it means you'll get an interview eventually?
Hmm id be interested to know that too. Iowa did that, offering an invite date to select along with the supplemental app.

I was 2nd batch and submitted my secondary on 7/15. Today my status on AADSAS changed from Received/Under review to Received/Waiting Additional Information. Anyone know what that means? I looked at last year's thread with no luck

I was 2nd batch and submitted my secondary on 7/15. Today my status on AADSAS changed from Received/Under review to Received/Waiting Additional Information. Anyone know what that means? I looked at last year's thread with no luck
Same here. A tad confused.

I'm guessing it just means automatic acceptance no interview needed.... haha I wish.

Glad to see I'm not the only one
Lol I wish, I'm gonna assume it's an error but I'll send an email to be precautious!