****The Official Ohio State Interview/Acceptance Thread class of 2022: Go Bucks!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone received an email that OSU has accepted your aadsas application and materials yet??

Has anyone received an email that OSU has accepted your aadsas application and materials yet??
I haven't yet and submitted my application 7 business days ago. I expect it may take a bit more time. Only one of my 6 schools has received my materials.

Members don't see this ad :)
They received my app a few days ago and verified that all my materials were in today. They said that the supplemental info should be sent to me in a business week.
aadsas submitted June 5th
materials in and verified by June 14

They received my app a few days ago and verified that all my materials were in today. They said that the supplemental info should be sent to me in a business week.
aadsas submitted June 5th
materials in and verified by June 14
I got that email about my app being complete on the same day. Have you received the supplemental yet?

Just received link to supplemental today (7/10)!! (Birthday miracle!!).
Just for reference, application was submitted on 06/22, coursework verified on 7/5, letter of acknowledgement 7/6 .

Yep, I just received and submitted my supplemental today 7/10

Last edited:
I received the supplemental on the 10th, but haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. Anyone else in the same boat? How late is too late and risking my chances? I anticipate submitting it by this Friday.

I received the supplemental on the 10th, but haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. Anyone else in the same boat? How late is too late and risking my chances? I anticipate submitting it by this Friday.
I also received mine on the 10th but I just submitted it. I don't think submitting Friday will lower your chances too much, but definitely try to get it in earlier if you can. It isn't too long but there are a couple of short essays

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received supp this morning.. OOS submitted 7/5 app. complete 7/13.

So, according to OSU's site, first interview invites go out August 2nd (interview date is September 1st and 2nd) and second interview invites go out August 30th (interview date is September 29th and 30th).

From what I can gather on SDN, OSU calls you instead of emailing you for interview invites. And, apparently last year the first interview date was for OOS students only and the last 3 interview dates are for in-state students only (but this hasn't always been the case).

Is this what everyone else is seeing?

Reactions: 1 user
So, according to OSU's site, first interview invites go out August 2nd (interview date is September 1st and 2nd) and second interview invites go out August 30th (interview date is September 29th and 30th).

From what I can gather on SDN, OSU calls you instead of emailing you for interview invites. And, apparently last year the first interview date was for OOS students only and the last 3 interview dates are for in-state students only (but this hasn't always been the case).

Is this what everyone else is seeing?
Yes, I'm seeing pretty much the same. However, I talked with someone on admissions last week and they said that the first round of interviews is actually going to be IS only this year. (Not sure if they've done that in the past). Those invites should go out August 2nd. He said the second round of interviews will be for both IS and OOS. Those invites won't go out until August 30th. I think that each one after that will be a mix IS and OOS, but not positive.

Anyone write the first optional essay and if so what details did you put in there that aren't already in your application?

Received supplemental 7/19, submitted 7/20, received an email from OSU IT having me set up a my.osu.edu account.. anyone else receive this/know what purpose this serves?

For what it is worth, the former admissions director (Annette McMurry) is no longer running admissions at OSU Dental. There was a change in May with the administration.

Things are going to be much different this year and I wouldn't use last year as a solid baseline. They haven't hired a new full-time director yet and once they do, he or she may be doing things differently than in the past.

So I called Admissions and they told me I had everything submitted and I was good to go. But on the AADSAS website it says Received/Waiting Additional Information? Is this happening to anyone? Just curious, thanks

Reactions: 1 users
Mine still says waiting additional info too. I submitted my supplemental and activated the Ohio State Username. Hopefully others can chime in.

Mine still says waiting additional info too. I submitted my supplemental and activated the Ohio State Username. Hopefully others can chime in.
my aadsas portal also says waiting additional info even though everything should be in

my aadsas portal also says waiting additional info even though everything should be in
Nothing to worry about. So long as you know all of your materials are in, you are fine. My application was like that last year and stayed that way until it changed to "Invited for Interview". I really wish they'd update that. It worries people who are new to the application.

If they are doing it the same as last year (where the first interview date was for OOS and the last three were for in-state), out-of-state students should be getting interview invite phone calls on this Wednesday, August 2nd for the September 2nd interview date.

But, who knows if they are going to do it the same way this year. They could be just mixing in-state and OOS students together this year again.

If they are doing it the same as last year (where the first interview date was for OOS and the last three were for in-state), out-of-state students should be getting interview invite phone calls on this Wednesday, August 2nd for the September 2nd interview date.

But, who knows if they are going to do it the same way this year. They could be just mixing in-state and OOS students together this year again.
I believe they are doing it the same way.. I got an email this morning saying my app was under review and that,
"Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted 3-4 weeks prior to the scheduled interview date. The 2017 interviews will take place on"
  • Saturday, September 2
  • Saturday, September 30
  • Saturday, October 21
  • Saturday, November 4

I called and asked and they said OOS will not only be interviewed on the first interview date :)

According to their website, the first round of interview offers for the September 2nd interview day won't go out until August 9th. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Some people should be receiving an interview invite phone call at some point today...

Reactions: 2 users
Any word? the website says they will notify interviewees 3-4 weeks from the interview so I guess if 9/2 is the first date then we could hear anytime this week/next at the latest.

They must be starting to make calls right now...

Notification date: 08/09 (5:44 p.m.)
Method of notification: Call
Residency: Ohio
Application complete date: 6/05
Materials verified/complete: 6/14
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/18/none

They will be sending an email with instructions to RSVP and interview details. The interview date will be Saturday, September 2nd. I will be attending the optional information session on Friday, September 1st as well. Pretty excited!

They must be starting to make calls right now...

Notification date: 08/09 (5:44 p.m.)
Method of notification: Call
Residency: Ohio
Application complete date: 6/05
Materials verified/complete: 6/14
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/18/none

They will be sending an email with instructions to RSVP and interview details. The interview date will be Saturday, September 2nd. I will be attending the optional information session on Friday, September 1st as well. Pretty excited!

Congrats!! That's awesome.. I talked with someone on admissions a month ago and they noted that this year the first interview session is for in-state only... However, someone earlier in the thread noted that they also talked to someone who said there won't be a preference. Any more info on that by chance?

Congrats!! That's awesome.. I talked with someone on admissions a month ago and they noted that this year the first interview session is for in-state only... However, someone earlier in the thread noted that they also talked to someone who said there won't be a preference. Any more info on that by chance?
I went to an admissions event at OSU in May and they said that the November 4 interview date is exclusively OOS and it sounded like there wouldn't be OOS interviews prior to then. I got an interview invitation today and am an Ohio resident.

Yeah I'm thinking the first interview is all in-state

I'm going to be visiting family 30 minutes outside of Columbus on 9/2 (I'm from Boston).. any idea if they will accept a request for an informal interview? Or if they would consider changing my interview date if they are considering me for a later, OOS-only, interview session?

It just seems like a lot to make the trek out there again if I'm already there/being considered.

I'm going to be visiting family 30 minutes outside of Columbus on 9/2 (I'm from Boston).. any idea if they will accept a request for an informal interview? Or if they would consider changing my interview date if they are considering me for a later, OOS-only, interview session?

It just seems like a lot to make the trek out there again if I'm already there/being considered.
Hmmmm. I know what you mean about making the trip. Ohio state is usually really good about doing tours and meeting with people (not sure about during this busy season), so I would say it is worth a try! As far as an "informal interview" goes, I would doubt they would accommodate something that would substitute the actual interview. They likely aren't even looking at OOS applications yet because the invites for 11/4 won't go out for quite a while.

I went to an admissions event at OSU in May and they said that the November 4 interview date is exclusively OOS and it sounded like there wouldn't be OOS interviews prior to then. I got an interview invitation today and am an Ohio resident.

That's interesting. They must have changed the dates for IS/OS because mine was November 4th and all of us were IS.

Has anyone, that got an interview invite call, received the email with how to RSVP yet?

Has anyone, that got an interview invite call, received the email with how to RSVP yet?
Nope... got the call on Wednesday and was told I would have follow up RSVP Thursday but haven't heard anything yet....

I got the RSVP email around 11am today. I RSVP'd but have not yet received the confirmation email that has the detailed breakdown of the 2 day interview events.

Just got an invite for interview on Sep 2!!!! So pumped!!! Submitted my supplemental on Aug 8th!

Are you OOS or In state? And what are your stats if you don't mind me asking!

Are you OOS or In state? And what are your stats if you don't mind me asking!

Hi! I'm going to assume that you were referring to my post. I'm In state.

im IS but when i talked to admissions she said the first two are probably going to be only IS then the 3rd will be a mix and the last only OOS. she said it could vary though

Just got a call inviting me to interview! I'm OOS. They said I will receive an email with all the information shortly.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else interviewing Sept. 30th? Just got the call (OOS) and was wondering if anyone wanted to potentially share an airbnb for maybe thursday+friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.