****The Official Ohio State Interview/Acceptance Thread class of 2021: Go Bucks!****

Did you happen to ask how alternate works? Is there a waitlist and an alternate or just an alternate?
I didn't ask them in detail. From what they told me, they'll send out emails for an alternate list which is the waitlist itself. Looking at last year's thread, some people got off it.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't ask them in detail. From what they told me, they'll send out emails for an alternate list which is the waitlist itself. Looking at last year's thread, some people got off it.
Cool, thanks man

Anyone know when we should be receiving waitlist emails?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when we should be receiving waitlist emails?
I heard we should by 5 today and if they don't that would be strange. Congrats to everyone who got called today and hang in there for all of those who didn't (myself included).

Reactions: 1 users
I heard we should by 5 today and if they don't that would be strange. Congrats to everyone who got called today and hang in there for all of those who didn't (myself included).
have you gotten an email? Its past 5.

Not sure when they plan on sending it. Getting anxious.

Talked to admissions and they said we could expect the email later this evening or sometime tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
So is it good if we get this email or is it sent to everyone? Like, does the email tell you you're in a high priority waitlist or is it just sent to everyone who wasn't outright rejected?

So is it good if we get this email or is it sent to everyone? Like, does the email tell you you're in a high priority waitlist or is it just sent to everyone who wasn't outright rejected?
So I'm a reapplication and was waitlisted last year. Everyone that didn't get a call will get the alternative email. Nobody is outright rejected. It will basically say that you are waitlisted and that you are on a specific position on the waitlist. But you can't ask them what position you are on or else they will get super angry at you.

Got Accepted via phone (Nov 20th Interview) In state. Has anyone gotten the email they said to expect if you got accepted?

So I'm a reapplication and was waitlisted last year. Everyone that didn't get a call will get the alternative email. Nobody is outright rejected. It will basically say that you are waitlisted and that you are on a specific position on the waitlist. But you can't ask them what position you are on or else they will get super angry at you.
Lol... I assume you tried to ask them and they weren't too happy about it? Are they very close door'd about the position or, if you call, are they able to describe the probability you'll get off, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats..horrible

Lol... I assume you tried to ask them and they weren't too happy about it? Are they very close door'd about the position or, if you call, are they able to describe the probability you'll get off, etc.
from what i can remember from the waitlist email, it specifically says not to ask them about your position. then one guy that was also waitlisted went to go ask his position (even though it said NOT to ask them lol) and they said that it was "immoral of him to ask them that" in a very angry tone...so yea.
the email will also tell you to get the same vaccinations that the accepted students have to get because if you do get off of the waitlist, then you are already caught up to the accepted students.

and another thing i remember is that majority of the people that got off of the waitlist was around march-april. i obviously didn't so I was probably super low on the list...

Man, it could potentially be a long next 5 months.

I would not take what the chicken nugget person says to heart. I have heard a different opinion from a very reliable source. If you get waitlisted, ask your position (that's what I was told). This is intended with no disrespect. Everyone relax and stay positive

I would not take what the chicken nugget person says to heart. I have heard a different opinion from a very reliable source. If you get waitlisted, ask your position (that's what I was told). This is intended with no disrespect. Everyone relax and stay positive
I don't know who your reliable source is but this is the alternative email I got last cycle.
Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 10.44.37 PM.png

Hey did anyone get their emails yet?

No emails yet. And thank you for providing that email from last year. I was just respectfully disagreeing from what I was told.

I'm confused. Got the email, clicked on the online form thing that's supposed to say yes or no to the alternate list..and it takes me to the packet that we have to fill out if we get accepted. Did they mis-direct us with the hyperlink or do we really start to fill out that form and submit it?

I'm confused. Got the email, clicked on the online form thing that's supposed to say yes or no to the alternate list..and it takes me to the packet that we have to fill out if we get accepted. Did they mis-direct us with the hyperlink or do we really start to fill out that form and submit it?
When did you get the email? I haven't gotten one yet

I just got the alternative email. Does anyone know if there is a rejection email? I just wonder because if you got an interview, does that mean people who did not get accepted are placed on the alternative, so the chances of being high on that list is less....

Is there a fb page up for class of 2021?

Last edited:
I just got the alternative email. Does anyone know if there is a rejection email? I just wonder because if you got an interview, does that mean people who did not get accepted are placed on the alternative, so the chances of being high on that list is less....
The only people that got a rejection email were the ones who were not invited for an interview. If you went to an interview but didn't receive an acceptance call yesterday then you are placed on the waitlist. But the waitlist is split up into in-state and out of state students, so if you're an in-state student on the waitlist then you are only directly competing with other in-state students that are also on the waitlist.

Does anyone have experience going here from OOS? Ohio is in my top 3 so I'd love to get some more feedback on the school before I make my decision. PMs welcome!

Has anyone had any luck starting their Hep B/other shots, I can't seem to find anything before January. Smh @ Cleveland Clinic :/

Anyone have any experience with how many people and how fast the in-state alternate list moves/ has moved in the past few years? just wondering if any current students have any insight. Thanks!

Is there a waitlist and an alternative list? or are those considered the same thing?

I had a friend who applied last year and was on the alternate list until early April before he got in...so I feel like there is still very much hope for anyone on the list

I know someone who was on the alternate list for this year and just got a call yesterday that he was accepted.

Has anyone had any luck starting their Hep B/other shots, I can't seem to find anything before January. Smh @ Cleveland Clinic :/
CVS, Walmart, and your local health department will offer them

Thanks I actually made an appt with them earlier!

Hi all. I'm new to this sorry if this isn't the place for this question but I am getting ready to look for housing and possible roommates because I am not from the C-bus area. I haven't seen or gotten any notifications for a group chat/ Facebook group for the incoming class. Does anyone know of a way besides this where I can talk with the rest of the incoming class?

I am on the alternate list, and I anxiously waiting for a call. This is my only chance to go to dental school this cycle! Anyone know how many people are on the alternate list for in state? Do you think it would be okay to email admission and ask them how many people are still on that list or is that rude ?

Just got the call, I am in off the in-state wait list!

Reactions: 3 users
OMG!!! I'm going to cry! just got in off the instate waitlist :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Reactions: 4 users
Hi all. I'm new to this sorry if this isn't the place for this question but I am getting ready to look for housing and possible roommates because I am not from the C-bus area. I haven't seen or gotten any notifications for a group chat/ Facebook group for the incoming class. Does anyone know of a way besides this where I can talk with the rest of the incoming class?

There actually is a Facebook group and I also think I seen them post the link on their website but here it is https://www.facebook.com/groups/148131142332727/

And congrats to everyone who got off the waitlist!:)

I am still waitlisted and I know that 2nd of January was the deadline to accept. I was just wondering how many out of state students are on the waitlist? I estimate about 5-10 already got off the waitlist.

Got the call a couple hours ago from Jill that I'm officially off the waitlist!! :D There's a good chance I'll probably be declining the offer... either way, best of luck to everyone! Don't give up hope if you're on the waitlist, it seems they're still actively going through it. :)

Just for information: I'm an OOS applicant

oGPA: 3.4, sGPA: 3.1, BCP: 3.0.
DAT: 23AA, 24 TS, 22 PAT, nothing below 16.

@Goldenbear123

Was there anything super remarkable in your app that would compensate for your stats? I am thinking of making a career change to dentistry but I am super worried that I won't be a good candidate and we have near identical GPA numbers across the board. Anyone else with similarly low GPA get into OSU this cycle? It would be my top school by a long shot as I'm in-state. Thanks for any insight and Go Bucks!

Hey! Sorry for responding so late, I haven't been on lately!

I suppose what stood out were a few of my extra curriculars. Other than having nearly 3000 hours of community service and over 600 hours of shadowing (just raw numbers), I also created oral healthcare workshops in local villages in India which I delivered for a couple months. I think that stood out to them because I did mention it in my essay and one of my interviewers recognized me based off of that activity. I think more than anything, I made clear "I want to improve community based dentistry!" and that was echoed over and over again in my application which convinced them I knew what I was talking about. I think, especially if you're in state, you have a great shot with the stats I had (esp considering I was out of state). Just make sure you deliver with your supplemental essays too. I think Ohio State really values a complete candidate from what I felt. If you want to do business based dentistry, your app shouldn't scream at them "I want to work in the community!" unless that's the type of business you're interested in. Not saying that community service isn't interesting, but it seemed like they value applicants who have some idea of the goal they want to accomplish and have set their application up in a way which not only makes them look well rounded, but emphasizes their passion.

Does anyone know if the class is full or if they're still accepting people off the wait list?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was accepted just 3 weeks ago, so I'm guessing it's not full. Out of state

I just received a call from them today about giving me an interview, but turned it down as I put my deposit for another school. Hopefully some people get calls for an interview!