****The Official Ohio State Interview/Acceptance Thread class of 2021: Go Bucks!****

Hi guys,

This is one of OSU's supplemental essay prompts:

"Contemporary higher education reflects a tension between preparing for a meaningful life and preparing for a career. How has education empowered you to make your life meaningful while helping you prepare for your career?"

I am really unsure how to approach this prompt. Would it be reasonable to talk about how working for a higher education and interacting with my peers/professors has made me develop traits/ethics that would enable me to live a meaningful life? Or is that totally out of the ballpark?

Thanks! I appreciate the help

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if you're OOS, is it safe to assume that it's too late to apply?

Has any instate gotten interviews? I thought the next round of invites was sometimes this week but I haven't heard anything on here or OSU's admissions fb page.

Interview was awesome, enjoyed the school!

Reactions: 1 users
So if you're OOS, is it safe to assume that it's too late to apply?

At the interview this weekend they told us that spots at two more of the interview days would be saved for oos applicants, so there is still a chance.

Overall the best interview i've had so far, faculty and staff is super nice and Ohio State as a whole will blow you away.

Overall the best interview i've had so far, faculty and staff is super nice and Ohio State as a whole will blow you away.
Yeah, it was pretty awesome. That student gym is so cool and huge. I just wish their building wasn't so dungeon-esque!

Yeah, it was pretty awesome. That student gym is so cool and huge. I just wish their building wasn't so dungeon-esque!

Yeahhhhh the operative lab left a lot to be desired. Then again they are about to rebuild the building, and with them offering instate after the first year, really begs the question of "Is a new fancy lab worth ignoring the pros?"

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeahhhhh the operative lab left a lot to be desired. Then again they are about to rebuild the building, and with them offering instate after the first year, really begs the question of "Is a new fancy lab worth ignoring the pros?"

Did they say when they were going to start re-builing? Because I have been hearing them saying that for the past couple of years...lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say when they were going to start re-builing? Because I have been hearing them saying that for the past couple of years...lol

Nope just that it would be 8 stories on the end of that building. I doubt it would be completed while we were there, or at least for a majority of the time we were there. I wonder if they might just renovate that lab, but I don't know.

Still considering the campus, other facilities, faculty, school history, and instate discount it's hard to beat. Can't wait any sooner for Dec. 1st

Any in-state Ohio people heard of anything yet?

Are these in state or out of state?

INTERVIEW!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: 1 user
Got in interview! I am in-state.

Did the in state people who got the call today receive the email they are supposed to send?

Did the in state people who got the call today receive the email they are supposed to send?

Did not yet, was worried I was the only one hah! Im sure they are working on it tho.

So...has anyone gotten the email yet?

For those of you that got interview invites for October 22 and are undergrad students at OSU, are you planning on attending on Friday, October 21 as well? I was told that it's not mandatory for me since I already know the campus, but I know that they will be having some presentations as well so I'm not sure if I should be missing that...

For those of you that got interview invites for October 22 and are undergrad students at OSU, are you planning on attending on Friday, October 21 as well? I was told that it's not mandatory for me since I already know the campus, but I know that they will be having some presentations as well so I'm not sure if I should be missing that...

I'm going! I'd rather learn about OSU COD 100x than go to class, especially as a senior ;)

Might be a weird question.... but do you guys plan on wearing suits/shirts with ties for Friday?

I'm going! I'd rather learn about OSU COD 100x than go to class, especially as a senior ;)

I mean don't get me wrong i would like to skip class too, but i can't since all of my classes take attendance and one class doesn't allow you to skip under any circumstances. I'll still try to attend though.

I mean don't get me wrong i would like to skip class too, but i can't since all of my classes take attendance and one class doesn't allow you to skip under any circumstances. I'll still try to attend though.

For me, it counted as an excused absence. Excused absences will never count against attendance points, as per university rules.

For me, it counted as an excused absence. Excused absences will never count against attendance points, as per university rules.

I know that. My professor doesn't care if you have an excused absense. If you are absent then you lose points. I will just have to lose points for that day.

Cool thanks wengerin!
I know that. My professor doesn't care if you have an excused absense. If you are absent then you lose points. I will just have to lose points for that day.
Hmm not an OSU undergrad myself and even tho its not mandatory I would still recommend you coming. But depends on your situation/standing in that class, sounds like an old teacher of mine lol I know the feeling. Hope to see everyone there!

Cool thanks wengerin!

Hmm not an OSU undergrad myself and even tho its not mandatory I would still recommend you coming. But depends on your situation/standing in that class, sounds like an old teacher of mine lol I know the feeling. Hope to see everyone there!
Yea I've had a couple of professors like that before lol. But I have decided today to come. I'd rather have a chance of getting into dental school then just save a couple of points in class.

Last edited:
Just got an interview!!! My first one! I cried!!

Do we know if all interviews are extended exactly 30 days before the interview date?

All interviews are sent out exactly one month prior to the actual interview date. There is one interview invite left that goes out October 19th and it is a mix of both instate and out of state students.

My app was complete on 08/11. I got the invite yesterday.