***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just dropped my seat. Good luck to one of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when Financial Aid emails go out from the school?

Just dropped my seat. Good luck to one of you!

:thumbup: :)

keep the dropped seats coming!

last person accepted off the wait list was early april. either nyu got reaaally good at predicting yield, or there's eventually going to be some acceptances coming. I can feeeeeel it in my teeth :xf: :nailbiting:

:thumbup: :)

keep the dropped seats coming!

last person accepted off the wait list was early april. either nyu got reaaally good at predicting yield, or there's eventually going to be some acceptances coming. I can feeeeeel it in my teeth :xf: :nailbiting:

"last person accepted off the wait list was early april" <--- are you basing this on the posts on SDN or did you get this information directly from NYU?

"last person accepted off the wait list was early april" <--- are you basing this on the posts on SDN or did you get this information directly from NYU?

Idk if I'd say I'm "basing" it off SDN, but I'm only talking about what's happened on SDN. It's only interesting to compare SDN posts to SDN posts (eg. this cycle vs previous cycles). There's always an issue with NYU giving generic answers and applicants over analyzing the answers (as if they were actual responses). I'd rather base predictions off confirmed movement (even if only within a sample) than read into a statement by NYU.

aka: based on SDN

heavy March movement + lack of any major movement after really stands out for c/o '21. the almost complete lack of deposit-due-April movement this cycle is quite bizarre

Last edited:
Do not base anything off of anything. Go with the flow. Prepare yourself for the next cycle. If you get selected from the previous cycle, awesome! If not, I'm sorry. But at least you'll be ready for the next one.
Which btw, if not accepted, you will be VERY surprised at how much better you will perform. Than your classmates. Keep in mind, good performance is a dime a dozen. But a great story really makes a difference.

Do not base anything off of anything. Go with the flow. Prepare yourself for the next cycle. If you get selected from the previous cycle, awesome! If not, I'm sorry. But at least you'll be ready for the next one.
Which btw, if not accepted, you will be VERY surprised at how much better you will perform. Than your classmates. Keep in mind, good performance is a dime a dozen. But a great story really makes a difference.

I'm confused. Are you saying that reapplicants will probably be better at interviewing the second time round? Or maybe that we'll have more to talk about (ie. have a better "story")? Or that dental schools like the dedication.

I'm confused. Are you saying that reapplicants will probably be better at interviewing the second time round? Or maybe that we'll have more to talk about (ie. have a better "story")? Or that dental schools like the dedication.
I think what @schmoob is trying to say is that having some experience is better than having no experience. Some people get a lot of practice before interviewing while others are just naturally better at it.

Last edited:
Do students prefer 13 inch or 15 inch MacBook?

This is really up to you but most of my friends and I have a 13 inch laptop for the most part. Make sure your notebook is in good working condition and if you have a really old one (before 2013) I recommend investing in a new laptop because all of the exams will be administered through examsoft on your laptop in class during the scheduled exam blocks.

Members don't see this ad :)
posting for a friend who applied last cycle: any movement in the waitlist? or anyone dropping their seat?

Does anyone know if we have to get our own scrubs or if the school sells specific ones for us to wear?

Last edited:
Anyone who got interview get rejected lately lol

Hey, Guys!
I got waitlisted in December. Do you guys think waitlisted students still have chance to get in? On Facebook, is the class of 2021 full? I am ready for next cycle.

Hey, Guys!
I got waitlisted in December. Do you guys think waitlisted students still have chance to get in? On Facebook, is the class of 2021 full? I am ready for next cycle.

Did you get a rejection email? If not then you are still in it.

No, Likkriue. I don't get a rejection email. what is the prob do you think i can get off the waitlist. Thank you.
No one can tell you that, I'm sorry. I hope you get off the waitlist, but if you do not, you prepare for next cycle.
Getting into dschool is tough, and many people try for years with no luck. The fact that you were waitlisted is a good sign. If you try again this cycle, your chances are even better. I wish you the best of luck in your professional goals!

No one can tell you that, I'm sorry. I hope you get off the waitlist, but if you do not, you prepare for next cycle.
Getting into dschool is tough, and many people try for years with no luck. The fact that you were waitlisted is a good sign. If you try again this cycle, your chances are even better. I wish you the best of luck in your professional goals!
Thank you so much for your kindness.

Sooo many people on the FB group are upperclassmen (I heard a few stalkers are in there too *cough*)

Has anyone received information regarding the waitlist? Just curious, those who are still waiting, are you still just waiting or already reapplying?

Sooo many people on the FB group are upperclassmen (I heard a few stalkers are in there too *cough*)

The reason class pages are a mixture is usually so that upperclassmen can post stuff about apartments, selling various stuff as people move along, student org events, etc. To my knowledge most classes will form exclusive, hidden pages for confirmed members of their class. Similarly you will have that for your group practice. Usually there is a Facebook group and a group chat on WhatsApp or GroupMe.

As for the waitlist, rejection letters tend to go out as they winnow down the WL. Sometimes accepted candidates have to back out as late as August due to sudden, unforeseen circumstances which is why there is some very late movement. Some of my friends here were accepted literally mere days before orientation.

someone on the NYUCD FB page had a roommate that got a last minute acceptance (the roommate is dropping their NYU seat). so there should be least one seat available (assuming they didn't over enroll their class)

when is orientation for NYU?
August 21-25 is orientation week according to their academic calendar

someone on the NYUCD FB page had a roommate that got a last minute acceptance (the roommate is dropping their NYU seat). so there should be least one seat available (assuming they didn't over enroll their class)

August 21-25 is orientation week according to their academic calendar
Wait you're telling me someone got in off the waitlist recently ?

nobody has got a "waitlist closed" email yet right? every time I open my email I'm sweating it :nailbiting:

He's saying someone got an offer from another school and is ditching NYU. So a seat is open.

mHM3DMk.gif

Anyone get off the waitlist recently? I got into a master program but still waiting and hoping for this :(

Anyone get off the waitlist recently? I got into a master program but still waiting and hoping for this :(
I know two people who got pulled off the waitlist two weeks before the orientation so there is always a chance. Keep sending emails to NYU admission office with your updates and don't lose hope!

NYU is still (apparently) working with the waitlist, so good luck all! I got out of work to a voicemail this afternoon from Dr. Mejia urging me to call back in the morning to see if they can offer me a spot in the fall.
It's less than a month away now, so can anyone who's in tell me what I'll be asked for if offered a slot? Deposit, background screening, transcript, ect.

Reactions: 1 users
Mejia called at 3:47pm EDT. We had a short (5 minute) chat. I received the acceptance email while we were still on the phone!

Application 100% complete: 11/29
Interviewed: 03/27
Waitlisted: 03/29
Residence: CA
DAT: 21aa/22ts/21pa

NYU is still (apparently) working with the waitlist, so good luck all! I got out of work to a voicemail this afternoon from Dr. Mejia urging me to call back in the morning to see if they can offer me a spot in the fall.

It's less than a month away now, so can anyone who's in tell me what I'll be asked for if offered a slot? Deposit, background screening, transcript, ect.

Admission Checklist

To secure your admission in the dental program, all of the following conditions must be met:

• Obtain a BA or BS degree by August 1, 2017, if not already obtained. This includes the successful completion of all prerequisite courses required by NYU College of Dentistry. Further instructions will be provided, when we conduct the academic audit in March 2017.
  • Maintain a satisfactory academic record that is expected to be of the same high standards as those upon which we based your acceptance.
  • Submit to NYU College of Dentistry an official degree-noted transcript, as well as official transcripts from every college or university where courses were taken.
  • Meet all health and pre-matriculation technical standards. Details are available at:
Policies and Guidelines.

Health and Immunization forms will be provided for download in March 2017.

• Please note, as part of our admissions process, you will be required to do a background check and fingerprinting.
The non-refundable deposit must be received by the following deadline:
Note: The deposit amount will be credited towards your Fall tuition.

• Total Deposit $5,000 USD (postmarked no later than July 31, 2017)
Please send your check or money order (made payable to ‘NYU College of Dentistry’) with the enclosed Deposit Form to the following address. Be sure to include your name and AADSAS number on the deposit payment.

NYU College of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
Attn: Fall 2017 DDS program
433 First Avenue, Suite 125
New York, NY 10010

Last edited:
Got off the waitlist today as well. So need to find housing now ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
Anyone wants to find room together or let me know what sources i should be using to find one? Thanks !

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all incoming D1s!!

I just completed my first year at NYUCD and will be a D2 this fall and man that was one wild ride. If you guys have any questions about the school in general and/or living in NYC, feel free to ask! I am here to help

Hey Congrats! I just was wondering what is you typical schedule for a week like? Thank you!

For everyone else still hoping to get off the waitlist, I contacted them within the week and they told me to start to expect hearing back after August 8th when ppl default on payments or just fail to make them

Anyone else get a call from NYU asking if you'd like to still be considered on the waitlist?

Anyone else get a call from NYU asking if you'd like to still be considered on the waitlist?
No? Im still calling them every week and thinking about writing an email saying i have to make a decision with another school (for masters) soon and I need to know...sucks waiting for so so long

For everyone else still hoping to get off the waitlist, I contacted them within the week and they told me to start to expect hearing back after August 8th when ppl default on payments or just fail to make them
So next week??? Im praying for us!

No? Im still calling them every week and thinking about writing an email saying i have to make a decision with another school (for masters) soon and I need to know...sucks waiting for so so long
Just accept the masters and dont enroll if you get accepted to NYU... that's what I did and they said that's ok as long as I don't register any classes