2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when Nova starts sending out their decisions to the first batch of interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone knows when the decision will come out? Last year it was on Dec 1. But in the past it was right after Thanksgiving.

Anyone knows when the decision will come out? Last year it was on Dec 1. But in the past it was right after Thanksgiving.
My interviewer told me after my interview that I will hear back from them on Dec 1st.

Just got my first interview here! Dates available are Nov 30, Dec 6, 7, and 8. Dec 8 works the best for me because I don't have a class that day... But should I schedule Nov 30 just so that I have a slim chance on receiving Dec 1 acceptance? If I schedule Dec 8 do I still have a good chance on getting accepted?

In terms of finding an earlier interview date. When you go to the portal do you have to first cancel your existing interview to see available dates? Or is there an option to keep your interview but still see other available dates?

In terms of finding an earlier interview date. When you go to the portal do you have to first cancel your existing interview to see available dates? Or is there an option to keep your interview but still see other available dates?

If you go to the previous email where they first invited you to an interview, there's a link to schedule, if you click that you can see the other dates

Reactions: 1 user
I was originally offered Nov 30, Dec 6, 7, and 8 interview dates yesterday, then Oct 20 date became available this morning. So I rescheduled to Oct 20. You don't have to cancel first, just go back to the first interview email they sent you.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I really hope they don't push our interview back to December if they do cancel it.
I don't think they would. The person I talked to on the phone said that a reschedule would be sooner than later.

Okay, so I submitted my application on aadsas on 8/24 and immediately went online and did the supplemental application and paid the fee. A few days later someone from Nova called and told me they have my application and want to speak further but are waiting for my application to process but since then no contact. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

Those interviewing on 9/8, our interview has been cancelled, you should be getting a phone call from them soon

I'd say it's still on but if I were you, I'd want to get out of FL thurs night.
My return flight is at 8pm! I should be good right? I'm honestly so stressed about the hurricane that I can't focus on prepping for the interview :(

My return flight is at 8pm! I should be good right? I'm honestly so stressed about the hurricane that I can't focus on prepping for the interview :(
Don't be a stressedpredent :) I think Thursday night you should be good! The Hurricane won't hit until the weekend.

Also, don't prepare too much for this interview. I've heard its much more conversational. Not so much grilling you with questions. Good luck!

Don't be a stressedpredent :) I think Thursday night you should be good! The Hurricane won't hit until the weekend.

Also, don't prepare too much for this interview. I've heard its much more conversational. Not so much grilling you with questions. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply haha. Literally was giving myself an anxiety attack.

Interview #1
School: Nova
Notification date: 8/31
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
Application complete date: 8/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.80 sGPA/ 3.84 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/20/none

Thursday interviews are also cancelled. Bout to get wrecked with hotel/flight cancellations -__-

I feel bad for you guys, chances are the flight prices will go up this season. Maybe take a bus. Anyone know if this storm will hit ft lauderdale hard?

Supposed to hit the southeast coast pretty hard. I think the florida keys>miami>ft lauderale in terms of severity. Enough for all flights to be cancelled so I'd avoid this area. Hope everyone down there will be ok.

What are the chances for people with dates 13th-15th next week?

my interview is on the 13th and I have no idea what the status of it is. they said the school is closed until Monday and until further notice. The hurricane trajectory seems to dwindle on monday morning as it is considered category 1 at that time. I do not believe the actual hurricane is a concern for us interviewing next week, however I am not sure how bad the area will be hit. I sent an email, i will post back if they respond but the entire state is in evacuation so there is little chance of response until monday morning the earliest.

Hey guys so I know the hurricane is going on and i'm sure that is affecting admissions, but I haven't received a secondary link to this school and i'm not sure if that's something I should worry about. I can't find any information about the secondary on their website either. Can anyone link me to the login?

Hey guys so I know the hurricane is going on and i'm sure that is affecting admissions, but I haven't received a secondary link to this school and i'm not sure if that's something I should worry about. I can't find any information about the secondary on their website either. Can anyone link me to the login?

Here's the link and instructions from their email:

"We encourage you to complete the NSU online admissions application at: Admissions Login After you create a Login ID and PIN, you will select: GRADUATION/PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS; then COLLEGE OF DENTAL MEDICINE; and finally the DENTAL DMD SUPPLEMENTAL application. Once there, you will be able to complete, submit, and pay the application fee on-line. "

Do you guys think I have a chance at getting an interview from NOVA or any other schools?
OGPA/SGPA= 3.3/3.2
DAT AA/TS/PAT= 20/21/17
I would appreciate any feedback on how to improve my application if I did not get in this cycle :)

Do you guys think I have a chance at getting an interview from NOVA or any other schools?
OGPA/SGPA= 3.3/3.2
DAT AA/TS/PAT= 20/21/17
I would appreciate any feedback on how to improve my application if I did not get in this cycle :)
below average dat and gpa for this school. it all lies on your ECs, LOR and PS. A chance? yes. but you will be looking at post December interviews.

Hey all, so can we safely assume that our interviews thsi week (i.e. the 13th) are cancelled?

Hey all, so can we safely assume that our interviews thsi week (i.e. the 13th) are cancelled?
I've been checking live feed from fort lauderdale. Doesn't seem to be too bad there (compared to what was predicted), very strong winds. Good chance most interviews next week will be deferred.

below average dat and gpa for this school. it all lies on your ECs, LOR and PS. A chance? yes. but you will be looking at post December interviews.
where are you getting this from? http://dental-schools.startclass.com/ has it at 18 and 3.25. idk how recent those numbers are, but I couldn't find any class profile statistics on their page. I had a friend apply last year who had a December interview with an 18

okay even so, just curious where did you get those numbers from?

Status
Not open for further replies.