2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does NOVA send you an email inviting you to submit your supplemental application or are you just supposed to send it in ahead of time? My application has been mailed out for over a month and I haven't received a single email/phone call from them. FL resident.

Members don't see this ad.

Does NOVA send you an email inviting you to submit your supplemental application or are you just supposed to send it in ahead of time? My application has been mailed out for over a month and I haven't received a single email/phone call from them. FL resident.

I just did it without them emailing me to do so; there is a link on their website.

you can go ahead and fill out the supplemental

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
School: Nova
Notification date: 7/18
Method of notification: email
Residency: FL
AADSAS Mail out: 6/1
Application status: Complete 6/24
GPA (science, overall) 3.7 sGPA, ~3.8 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/22/22/none

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how long the interview takes? What would be a safe time to schedule a return flight on the same day of the interview?

Answered from their web page: about 5:00 PM ending time.

Can anyone confirm?

Does anyone know how long the interview takes? What would be a safe time to schedule a return flight on the same day of the interview?

Answered from their web page: about 5:00 PM ending time.

Can anyone confirm?

Can't confirm but on a traffic heavy day it'll take around 30 minutes to get to FLL from Nova.

Let's say your interview does in fact end at 5pm... I'd play it safe and schedule a flight past 8-8:30pm (assuming your hotel is nearby so you can pick up anything you brought, and you uber everywhere)

Reactions: 1 users
When you submitted your application, did Nova ever send a "we've received your application" email or something along those lines?

When you submitted your application, did NOVA ever send a "we've received your application" email or something along those lines?

They call you and say everything is complete and your app will be reviewed.

They call you and say everything is complete and your app will be reviewed.

How long after submission did it take for you to receive that phone call? I submitted 6/24 and haven't heard anything from them.

How long after submission did it take for you to receive that phone call? I submitted 6/24 and haven't heard anything from them.
I submitted on July 13 and received the call the following day. Then on July 18th I received the interview email.

I submitted on July 13 and received the call the following day. Then on July 18th I received the interview email.

Was this before or after you submitted your supplemental application?

Is anyone having trouble scheduling an interview with NOVA? I clicked on the link but can't find an open date to select the date I want. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
what are my chances of getting an interview with NOVA (mother went there and sister currently going there for psychology masters)? haven't taken DAT yet ... but if I manage to get 20s across the board on it what are my chances? I know my stats are low but im wondering if i should take a gap year and make sure i get great DAT scores, do mission trips, shadow, etc or if i should bother applying this cycle ... (just graduated this week)

sGPA: 3.28
uGPA: 3.39 ( might take a couple courses to get this over 3.40 ?)

Is anyone having trouble scheduling an interview with NOVA? I clicked on the link but can't find an open date to select the date I want. Thanks in advance!
I'm having the same issue. Did you find a date?

what are my chances of getting an interview with NOVA (mother went there and sister currently going there for psychology masters)? haven't taken DAT yet ... but if I manage to get 20s across the board on it what are my chances? I know my stats are low but im wondering if i should take a gap year and make sure i get great DAT scores, do mission trips, shadow, etc or if i should bother applying this cycle ... (just graduated this week)

It depends partly on your dat score. No way to predict before then.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview #2: NOVA!!! I will be doing the october 19th. Anyone else here doing it on the same date?

Interview #2 NOVA!! I scheduled for October 11.

No one can predict your DAT score. And even with that, the chance is hard to know as well cuz there are so many ppl who have the similar stat as you haven't got an interview so far. So if you really wanna get an interview, aim for at least 23 AA in order to make up for your low GPA.

When is your DAT scheduled? The longer you wait, the more interview requests that go out before schools even have a chance to look at your application.

I received the "application is complete" phone call today. Just so everyone knows, you must submit the secondary application before they will even forward your application to the adcom. Don't wait for an email from them to submit the secondary application!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #1 :)
Scheduled for October 12th good luck all!

Reactions: 1 users
Got my application complete phone call today. How long did after did most of you hear about interviews? Hoping to interview before December 1st!!!

Hey Guys,

I have been lurking for a really long time! But do y'all think I stand a chance?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
I made an effort to make up for my weak DAT scores and overall GPA:
I also believe I have pretty good leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks guys

Hey Guys,

I have been lurking for a really long time! But do y'all think I stand a chance?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)

Thanks guys

I heard someone on here that nova average dat is 21 and average gpa is 3.7, but I think your ECs are way more like way more solid than mine and I got an interview, so I think you have a chance! I would say apply :)

Hey Guys,

OOS
18 AA 17 TS
900+ hours of Volunteer

Thanks guys

You can apply, but your dat is not very competitive. If I were you I would retake.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I heard someone on here that nova average dat is 21 and average gpa is 3.7, but I think your ECs are way more like way more solid than mine and I got an interview, so I think you have a chance! I would say apply :)
Thanks for the feedback, I do not have my ADEA handbook with me but online it said the average GPA was a 3.25 and 18 DAT. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Has anyone still be under review since late June? I honestly think they may have not received something from my end but I got the call that everything was complete on june 27th so not sure. It just doesn't make sense seeing some get invites literally 2 days after completing app. I might just call and see what my status is.

Thanks for the feedback, I do not have my ADEA handbook with me but online it said the average GPA was a 3.25 and 18 DAT. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Last edited:
I don;t think that is recent information. Nova's AA average is 21 and a gpa of 3.68 from 2016.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I was checking my NSU webstar account about my application status and it only lists three out my four letters that I sent through AADSAS. Did anyone else experience this as well? Should I be worried? I only have one of my science PROF LORs listed and two EC but not the 4th letter.

I would call AADSAS and ask. All my letters were listed on there at once, but I got a committee letter.

Interview #1!

Application submitted 7/6. Application completed 8/8. Supplemental application submitted 8/8 (no email). Phone call for completed application received 8/10, invited for interview 8/11. Interview 9/15.

I just got a rejection letter in the mail...Before I opened the letter I knew it was a rejection lol interview invites are almost always sent by email. MI resident, 3.47 oGPA, 3.25 sGPA, 20AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.