*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
good luck to everyone who is hoping for that acceptance call tomorrow!! :D *fingers crossed* my phone will be attached to me all day! & did anyone else send in a letter of intent?

do they usually call right after new year's, based on past threads?

Members don't see this ad.

do they usually call right after new year's, based on past threads?
Dr. Lippman told my interview group (December 7th) that they were going to meet on the 2nd to make decisions, and on the 3rd he would send out another round of acceptance calls.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Declined my offer. Hope it goes to one of you eager SDNers.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone get a call today?
they did mention they would call on the 3rd and possibly the 4th so maybe (hopefully) they are only calling tomorrow. I would think at least someone who is on this forum would have gotten a call today and posted about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Received the acceptance call today, declined the offer. Hopefully my spot goes to one of y'all

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I guess calls did go out today. the FB group has a few new members who joined today. still hoping they send out more calls tomorrow! and that we don't have to wait another month

Anyone know if waitlist candidates received acceptance calls? Or was it just post December 1st interviewees?

Anyone know if waitlist candidates received acceptance calls? Or was it just post December 1st interviewees?
they told us they were going to put post december interviewees with those on the waitlist and choose the next batch from there.

Just got accepted to Nova!
Call from Dr. Lippman at 2:50pm.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did webstar change for anyone who got in from the wait list? or got in at all?

Canadian Applicant, just got accepted to Nova!

Interviewed December 7th and received my call from Dr. Lippman at 4:00pm.

Reactions: 3 users
Canadian Applicant, just got accepted to Nova!

Interviewed December 7th and received my call from Dr. Lippman at 4:00pm.

Congratulations! We interviewed the same day haha

Congrats to all who received acceptances today :) did any of you write letters of intent or interest? Thanks! :)

Congrats to all who received acceptances today :) did any of you write letters of intent or interest? Thanks! :)
I only wrote a thank-you email to Dr. Quinton after the interview, but even that wasn't really formal.

I know its already been done by a few, but do any more of you guys want to share how your interviews went and your preparations for it?

Did anyone get accepted off the waitlist? Or did you all have post Dec interviews? Thanks :)

I know its already been done by a few, but do any more of you guys want to share how your interviews went and your preparations for it?

Be yourself! It's super relaxed. The day ends with a one on one interview where you can literally talk about anything. Dr. Lippman loves sports so if you know sports..good. If not, don't fake it and look dumb. He can talk to you about anything. He just wants to see who you are and how you would fit in with the school.

As everyone has already said it's very relaxed and informal. You're not going to be grandstanding and talking about dentistry. In my interview we literally spent a half hour talking about how to build a skating rink and then another half hour talking about random personal stuff unrelated to dentistry.

Could anyone please share the sheet they gave us with the cost of attendance/breakdown?

does anyone know if acceptances are being sent out today? i was under the impression that they are being sent but so far not much movement on this thread..

does anyone know if acceptances are being sent out today? i was under the impression that they are being sent but so far not much movement on this thread..
wish we knew :/ he said both days he would make calls but he may have gotten to them all yesterday. tonight I'm going to email in to see if they can let us know when the next round of acceptances might go out. I'm sure it's each month to give students a chance to send in their deposits. then admissions knows how many backed out and how many new acceptances to send out.

did anyone's portal change or get an email about being waitlisted?

wish we knew :/ he said both days he would make calls but he may have gotten to them all yesterday. tonight I'm going to email in to see if they can let us know when the next round of acceptances might go out. I'm sure it's each month to give students a chance to send in their deposits. then admissions knows how many backed out and how many new acceptances to send out.

Who do you usually email at Nova? I've tried multiple email addresses but I don't receive replies

Did anyone receive a confirmation email/acceptation letter after being contacted by Dr. Lipman yesterday?

no portal change or email for me. still "invited for interview"

Who do you usually email at Nova? I've tried multiple email addresses but I don't receive replies
I think this time I'm going to email Norma. I sent my letter of intent to Su-Ann Zarrett because she is the one I contacted about questions on my interview. I didn't get a reply back from my letter of intent though, so I have to find out if they saw it!

Did anyone receive a confirmation email/acceptation letter after being contacted by Dr. Lipman yesterday?
Haven't received mine yet

Edit: Received my email at 3:45

Last edited:
Has anyone received a call today?

I think this time I'm going to email Norma. I sent my letter of intent to Su-Ann Zarrett because she is the one I contacted about questions on my interview. I didn't get a reply back from my letter of intent though, so I have to find out if they saw it!

I see. Thank you for letting me know! I hope everything works out :)

I would suggest calling and confirming that they received it. I emailed Ms. Zarrett about something EXTREMELY important on my application over the summer... still waiting for a response! Haha

Could anyone please share the sheet they gave us with the cost of attendance/breakdown?

What's the email to submit updated information on your application?

Interviewed Nov. 30, received an acceptance phone call on Wednesday January 4th :claps::claps:portal changed to "offer made". Still haven't put a deposit down but will definitely be doing so soon to hold a spot.

Last edited:
interview tomorrow! any advice on the type of questions they ask?

interview tomorrow! any advice on the type of questions they ask?
It's very laid back, basically just a conversation between you and your interviewer. Mine was just getting to know my background and my past experiences as far as work and extracurriculars. Don't stress about it, you'll do just fine!!

I have my interview coming up, at this point does anyone know if they are interviewing to waitlist? any idea how many seats filled up?

Interviewed Nov. 30, received an acceptance phone call on Wednesday January 4th :claps::claps:portal changed to "offer made". Still haven't put a deposit down but will definitely be doing so soon.
Where you waitlisted on 12/1/16?

Hey everyone! the interview (on the 11th) was so great. Dr.Lippman was seriously the best, he spoke to us about what he looks for, and why the interview is so relaxed. He literally wants to know you and has interviewed so many people that he knows what he's looking for. Just be yourself. He gives out his phone number in the interview if you have any questions. I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Dr.Waterman, who is into community dentistry, and he makes notes about your application and asks you to talk more in depth about certain aspects of it. He's so sweet and thorough and truly caring. I haven't had such a great interview process than at NSU. The student ambassadors were also very inviting and left a great impression on me. I love the interdisciplinary feel of the campus. I love NSU and can't wait to go here. It's definitely my first choice! Also, I would extend a day or two and really enjoy the campus and fort lauderdale. Good luck!

importantly: he told us he's currently interviewing for dental spots and not just spots on the waitlist! Maybe 20 spots left out specifically for post-december interviewees.

Where you waitlisted on 12/1/16?
Nope, because my interview was so close to the acceptance date, they told me I wouldn't be hearing anything until the beginning of January. I didn't hear back until the acceptance phone call

Can anyone please confirm if any acceptances went out after January 3. I had my interview on January 4. I am waiting to hear back on status.

Can anyone please confirm if any acceptances went out after January 3. I had my interview on January 4. I am waiting to hear back on status.

Same boat, I think I remember reading that there were some calls made on January 4 for December interviews. I do know that Dr. Lippman said, for us January 4 interviews, calls would probably be made today. I don't think he knew it would be MLK day today though....

Did anyone hear from Dr. Lippman today for any acceptances

Status
Not open for further replies.