**** The Official MUSC 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkmsc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see one of these for MUSC yet, so here it is!

Class of 2021 Stats:
Total number of applicants: 1134
Total number interviewed: 184
In State admitted: 53
Total admitted: 75
Cumulative GPA: SC: 3.50 OS: 3.51
Science GPA: SC: 3.51 OS: 3.42
DAT Scores AA/PAT: SC: 20/21 OS: 20/21

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
YAY! Thanks! I am an oos and have submitted the supplemental. I haven't heard anything else though.

Interview
School: MUSC
Residency: SC
GPA: 3.82 uGPA, 4.00 sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA / 21 TS / 21 PAT /25 RC / none

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Notification date: 8/8
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: South Carolina
Application completion date: 7/18
AADSAS submission date: 7/13
Supplemental received: 7/20
GPA (science, overall) 3.99, 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 21/PAT 19/RC 23/QR 17

Notification date: 08/09
Method of notification: phone + email
AADSAS Submitted: 06/08
Coursework Verified: 06/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/22/none

Notification date: 08/14
Method of notification: phone + email
AADSAS Submitted: 07/15
Coursework Verified: 08/01
GPA (science, overall): 3.64, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/26/none

Recently received the supplemental, do you know if they send it to everyone?

I completed my supplemental from their web page...so I'm guessing not everyone receives one.

Ah my bad, I didn't see that they had a link on their website hence why they probably emailed me. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS GA and got an interview invite for Oct 27 ! :)

Hey guys! I'm a first year at MUSC! Congrats on your interviews! It feels like just yesterday I was applying.

MUSC is a wonderful school, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

When are your interview dates? I'm planning on bringing ya'll donuts! ;)

Reactions: 2 users
My status is still currently showing as none on AADSAS... Is this normal?
I interviewed a couple weeks ago. From the time I submitted my application and up to now my status has shown none.

I interviewed a couple weeks ago. From the time I submitted my application and up to now my status has shown none.
That's good to know. Thanks! How'd the interview go and what's it like?

Pretty low-key. 2 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews. Presentation on Chalreston during lunch.

I'm pretty sure my status has always said none even after I got accepted, I wouldn't worry about it!

Interview! Got the call yesterday. Earliest date was December 1

Congrats! Mind sharing your stats and submission/completion dates?

Sure!
My application was marked as complete on 7/21, but my application was just reviewed on 9/27 due to a DAT retake.

20AA/19TS
3.5 GPA
SC resident

Sure!
My application was marked as complete on 7/21, but my application was just reviewed on 9/27 due to a DAT retake.

20AA/19TS
3.5 GPA
SC resident

Thanks! Did you get the app complete/review note through email? I applied since July but no email yet:(

Thanks! Did you get the app complete/review note through email? I applied since July but no email yet:(

I received an email on July 24 with the subject “MUSC Dental Medicine Application Progress” where I was able to check my application status through MUSCs portal and it showed me that it was complete. I only found out when my application was being reviewed in September after calling the admissions office!

I received an email on July 24 with the subject “MUSC Dental Medicine Application Progress” where I was able to check my application status through MUSCs portal and it showed me that it was complete. I only found out when my application was being reviewed in September after calling the admissions office!
Thank you for that side note! Mine was marked completed the same day but I'm an OOS so that may be another reason. *cricket* Still keeping my fingers crossed because I love south carolina!

Has anyone heard back from MUSC? I submitted my application Sept. 11th and I still have not heard back - should I be worried?

Has anyone heard back from MUSC? I submitted my application Sept. 11th and I still have not heard back - should I be worried?
Depend on if you're instate or not. But this late in the game, i would be worried if i was in your position. They do offer some postdec interviews so there still a small chance.

Has anyone heard anything using the UPS my choice?

Edit: I received a notification that I am receiving a package from them tomorrow!

Last edited:
UPS MyChoice notification of package coming from MUSC!

Reactions: 1 users
For those who received UPS my choice notifications, when did you interview?

Has anyone received their package yet?

Just an FYI for anyone waiting on Ups My Choice to update. Make sure the name on the my choice account is what MUSC has on file for you. I updated my account from my legal name to my nickname ,which is what they had on a name tag for me on the day of the interview, and my notification popped up instantly.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received their package yet?

No..UPS My Choice is still saying it should've been delivered yesterday... I was on hold with UPS for 20 min and gave up. I just want it in my hand!!

No..UPS My Choice is still saying it should've been delivered yesterday... I was on hold with UPS for 20 min and gave up. I just want it in my hand!!

SAMEEEEE. I really want it to be here.

Just an FYI for anyone waiting on Ups My Choice to update. Make sure the name on the my choice account is what MUSC has on file for you. I updated my account from my legal name to my nickname ,which is what they had on a name tag for me on the day of the interview, and my notification popped up instantly.
Last name?

Status
Not open for further replies.