The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

UIC vs USC basically expensive vs more expensive.
USC will probably win out. However, UC Davis can possibly win off the wait list

When I came home my phone rang. The I.D said it was UC Davis. I got all excited thinking I was off the wait list……..It was the Alumni Association asking for a donation. A*& Holes!

Reactions: 1 users
When I came home my phone rang. The I.D said it was UC Davis. I got all excited thinking I was off the wait list……..It was the Alumni Association asking for a donation. A*& Holes!
Lol this happens to me every day with the Cleveland Red Cross. They always call from a different phone number with the same area code as Case.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to call admissions offices, that was a much faster process than when I withdrew post-II but wanted to decline the II.

Does anyone here tutor for an online MCAT course thing? Trying to find a summer job/low-key job for during medical school. I have a list of Kaplan, Princeton Review, and ExamKrackers...anyone here have experience with any of them?

decided to check back in...what are the odds so many of us are from or are going to Indiana? lol I'll be at the indy campus (living in greenwood bc finding an apartment was a huge headache, they just tell us too late to have a realistic shot of finding a place that is remotely affordable)

decided to check back in...what are the odds so many of us are from or are going to Indiana? lol I'll be at the indy campus (living in greenwood bc finding an apartment was a huge headache, they just tell us too late to have a realistic shot of finding a place that is remotely affordable)

I'll see you in Indy! And I feel you on the apartment issue. I'm living in an air bnb for a few weeks because my apartment doesn't open soon enough.

Reactions: 1 user
I've got the same issue with my apartment! My lease doesn't start until August 15th but classes start August 1st.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to try to live with a distant cousin in Carmel if I only needed an extra week or so, but I needed a place for three weeks, so my future roomie and I found a place online. Yay for having to move twice!

I'll see you in Indy! And I feel you on the apartment issue. I'm living in an air bnb for a few weeks because my apartment doesn't open soon enough.
that must be crazy expensive lol i'm staying with family for a bit bc even in greenwood earliest i could get was july and my apartment lease ends in august. wear yellow and black stripes so i know who you are...i'll uh...be a surgical droid? i'll figure something out

Yeah I've got an aunt and uncle who live in Cincinnati but their house is kinda far from the med school (I'm not bringing a car) and their daughter is getting married in St Louis during that time so I doubt they'd trust me to live in their house alone.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

I'm keeping the cost reasonable by sharing the air bnb with my new roommate. I was really confused about yellow and black stripes until I remembered my username on SDN!

Nothing like this thread man! This is great! Excited to start i must say, but i am having trouble with my lease as well

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Checking in! I delayed until the last minute with choices and am now choosing whether or not to take a waitlist spot. Glad I didn't sign a lease. Happy anniversary!

Sent from my SM-T210R using SDN mobile

I MEANT TO COME HERE AND POST.

Omg I will never forget May 22 no matter how hard I try

JHU!!! Last minute WL acceptance from Mayo really threw me for a loop though. I had a very hard decision to make but ended up sticking with Hopkins because I got to go to SLW, better match, etc.

It doesn't seem as if I'll be starting school this year unfortunately. But I have everything together to reapply and I am super stoke with the application I am putting forward. It is so much better than the previous.

It doesn't seem as if I'll be starting school this year unfortunately. But I have everything together to reapply and I am super stoke with the application I am putting forward. It is so much better than the previous.
Sorry to hear that. :( best of luck with the app cycle! At least you know exactly what to expect.

Damn. I was hoping for good news. I am 4th on one waitlist, 7th at my first choice, but will probably end up at IUSM. I am not bothering to find a roommate until July in hope of getting in somewhere else.

Reactions: 1 users
Well y'all. AMCAS #2 has been submitted. Waiting on AACOMAS to receive my transcripts and then that will be done! Good bye money! haha

Reactions: 4 users
Well y'all. AMCAS #2 has been submitted. Waiting on AACOMAS to receive my transcripts and then that will be done! Good bye money! haha
good luck! I'm gonna be checking back in on this thread this fall/winter just to see if you got an acceptance this coming cycle, pulling for you!

My MD/PhD program has officially started, so I finally get to update my status!

Reactions: 6 users
Housing struggles
I'm so glad Hopkins' student housing was so straightforward if you got on it shortly after second look. 40 percent of the students live in the same off campus apt so it wasn't so much of hunting around.

I'm so glad Hopkins' student housing was so straightforward if you got on it shortly after second look. 40 percent of the students live in the same off campus apt so it wasn't so much of hunting around.

Did you end up going into the 929 apartments?

Did you end up going into the 929 apartments?
Yep! There was this really good deal that if you got in early you got like 100 bucks off ur rate per month which was awesome and compensated for the parking pass i am going to have to buy for 120 a month...ugh i hate having to pay for parking coming from my entire life when the most expensive parking in my hometown is like 5 dollars for a day

Yep! There was this really good deal that if you got in early you got like 100 bucks off ur rate per month which was awesome and compensated for the parking pass i am going to have to buy for 120 a month...ugh i hate having to pay for parking coming from my entire life when the most expensive parking in my hometown is like 5 dollars for a day

Sweet! I really enjoyed living there! And with all the campuses being close, it is truly a community.
The one problem I had with the parking situation is that you have to go into the hospital to pay your monthly fee.

Same with UChicago, most end up in one high rise... but my roommates just "cannot live there" haha

Its a little expensive so probably worth searching around tho

Wait why couldn't they live there haha?
Sweet! I really enjoyed living there! And with all the campuses being close, it is truly a community.
The one problem I had with the parking situation is that you have to go into the hospital to pay your monthly fee.
Wait do I have to go into the hospital each month to pay??? Like I can't just do a direct withdraw???

Wait do I have to go into the hospital each month to pay??? Like I can't just do a direct withdraw???

Yep every month. And if you don't pay before the weekend and your bill comes due, you can't leave the garage. Really terrible how it's managed.