**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Members don't see this ad :)
In-state, AADSAS status just changed to "Offer Made", no phone call yet

Does anyone know if we are ranked on the waitlist/if we can access our rank?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted yesterday (International student)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

No interview, acceptance, waitlist, or rejection yet... But I have been wearing my grandfather's Marquette Dental sweatshirt since last night.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if wait-listed people have to wait until January or can we be notified earlier of possible acceptances?

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my call
Accepted - OOS - IN
accepted in my state school as well so tough decision to come

do you know (or does anyone know?) how many students are on the waitlist?

Wiscodent18 is correct. It is a pool of waitlisters. They then make more decisions later on. So the waitlist email was not a guarantee and you wait. There is a reevaluation later on. I spoke with admissions today. They were nice about it and transparent. Reason why I love this school so much!

Accepted-Wisconsin resident!

Last year this time I was waitlisted after what I thought was a good interview as well. The beginning of March I received an email from MUSoD which let me know the class was currently full, but they extended an alternate pool offer. I was asked to submit a deposit that the school held incase any WI resident spots opened up. They hadn't opened by June, so I reapplied and got in this time.

Just wanted to let the waitlisted folks know not to be too discouraged. I remember feeling sad last year at this time, but my year off has been amazing so far. I've learned a lot and had a lot of fun exploring aspects of myself and my identity beyond being a student. Very excited to get back to school but grateful that it worked out the way it did for me. Keep the faith and know that it will happen when the time is right!

Reactions: 6 users

Last year this time I was waitlisted after what I thought was a good interview as well. The beginning of March I received an email from MUSoD which let me know the class was currently full, but they extended an alternate pool offer. I was asked to submit a deposit that the school held incase any WI resident spots opened up. They hadn't opened by June, so I reapplied and got in this time.

Just wanted to let the waitlisted folks know not to be too discouraged. I remember feeling sad last year at this time, but my year off has been amazing so far. I've learned a lot and had a lot of fun exploring aspects of myself and my identity beyond being a student. Very excited to get back to school but grateful that it worked out the way it did for me. Keep the faith and know that it will happen when the time is right!

WOW! Thank you for this. Congratulations on your acceptance. You sound like someone I would absolutely enjoy being classmates with some day, enjoy celebrating today, you earned this

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Alright well it appears as though there are 7 of us waitlisted on this thread
OOS
@CubsFan44 @JSOLAN3 @WheatLom @BeaverLover @udmsoccer6 @tooloo123
Definitely bummed. but remember what Brian told us "Just because we don't love you at first doesn't mean we won't love you later!"
STAY MOTIVATED my friends, we are here for each other, back to studying for me

EDIT: added @Preddskid @dentaldreams2021
That makes 9 of us now. REMEMBER, although we sometimes cannot change the cards we are dealt, we can definitely change how we play our hand, we all still have a lot to prepare for and look forward to!

EDIT2: @Thinkthink @MickeyMouse45 11 now! Deep breaths everyone

You sound like someone I'd like to be classmates with too! Fingers crossed for you and all the others. Good news will come when the time is right!

Why do I get this feeling that everyone on this thread is so kind and genuine? Honestly wish you all success...never felt so much relief reading these messages on SDN..ever!

Reactions: 2 users
I met some pretty amazing and kind people during interviews. :) best of luck to all of you!

Do they not give out rejections or is everyone just put on the waitlist?

Why do I get this feeling that everyone on this thread is so kind and genuine? Honestly wish you all success...never felt so much relief reading these messages on SDN..ever!

The Wisconsin charm

So true, I am in-state and waitlisted last year and feel the same!

I mean we all gotta stick together am I right? :) Either way it's too bad cuz we are officially a family now
@CubsFan44 @JSOLAN3 @WheatLom @BeaverLover @udmsoccer6 @tooloo123
@Preddskid @dentaldreams2021@Thinkthink @MickeyMouse45 @MaizeGoBlue @ehumiston @GBP12 @Wiscodent18 @htdt @predentstu16 @UMround2
I BELIEVE this is all of us here on the thread...18

I know some of you have received multiple offers of admission elsewhere, and I congratulate you! @CubsFan44 way to kill it with the UIC/SIU acceptances! All you people with multiple acceptances...WAY TO KILL IT! Pls enjoy what might possibly be the greatest day of your life and let us know what your future plans are! This was my only pre-december invite and even though I still have two more interviews coming up (#blessed) I absolutely loved everything about my experience at Marquette, the students, the faculty, the admissions committee, and the school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted Wednesday night (11/30). Really loved the school and thought that the interview went well but you never know! Anyone have an idea of how much movement their waitlist usually sees?

Waitlisted Wednesday night (11/30). Really loved the school and thought that the interview went well but you never know! Anyone have an idea of how much movement their waitlist usually sees?

I was wondering the same thing!

Also, are you in state or out of state?

I was put on hold from an interview invite. Is this bad or good?

after interview, anyone got rejected? i think marquette sent rejection to those who did not have an interview. it places interviewed students on either acceptance or wait-list. this makes a long list of waitlisted students.

after interview, anyone got rejected? i think marquette sent rejection to those who did not have an interview. it places interviewed students on either acceptance or wait-list. this makes a long list of waitlisted students.
I was wondering the same. If students interviewed and them got rejected I'd feel a bit more optimistic about my chances.

i know people IRL who got waitlisted too. Makes it seems like the waitlist is pretty big :(

It's likely a big one. 220- those offered acceptances.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I am happy for you! The group of us on the waitlist, GOOD LUCK!

Everyone that's on the waitlist I have some advice, a D2 friend of mine briefly spoke with Brain this morning and recommended that we sit tight and not bombard him with emails/phone calls because he does not like getting those types of emails. There's a really good chance that he has thought about where each of us are on the waitlist and the best thing we can do is to keep on keeping on and patiently wait! Obviously if anybody hears back between now and January, keep us in the loop! There are so many offers that have been sent out to applicants with multiple acceptances, (I mean the 2016-2017 Acceptance thread is LIT af right now) so spots WILL open up very soon

Everyone that's on the waitlist I have some advice, a D2 friend of mine briefly spoke with Brain this morning and recommended that we sit tight and not bombard him with emails/phone calls because he does not like getting those types of emails. There's a really good chance that he has thought about where each of us are on the waitlist and the best thing we can do is to keep on keeping on and patiently wait! Obviously if anybody hears back between now and January, keep us in the loop! There are so many offers that have been sent out to applicants with multiple acceptances, (I mean the 2016-2017 Acceptance thread is LIT af right now) so spots WILL open up very soon

What about sending updates? Is that discouraged too?