**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Anyone here that is OOS and interviewed PRE December that is still wait-listed?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here that is OOS and interviewed PRE December that is still wait-listed?
OOS waitlisted December 1. October interview. Things aren't looking like they are gonna happen for me at Marquette.

has anyone that got accepted for PESP plan on not accepting?

Last edited:
has anyone that got accepted for PESP plan on not accepting?
I don't think any of the PESP people are active in this thread. But 1 or 2 spaces may open. If you're in the latter half of the alternate seats like me, chances are slim to none.

I spoke with admissions recently and there are still seats open outside of the PESP program. I made sure to specifically ask if those seats were in addition to PESP and they said, yes, the class is not full. I interviewed in Jan, so I asked when I would be hearing back and I was told within a week or so. Hopefully that helps some of you who were wondering the same things I was !

I spoke with admissions recently and there are still seats open outside of the PESP program. I made sure to specifically ask if those seats were in addition to PESP and they said, yes, the class is not full. I interviewed in Jan, so I asked when I would be hearing back and I was told within a week or so. Hopefully that helps some of you who were wondering the same things I was !
I called asking the same a bit ago. The freed spaces are from one of the rounds of acceptances that people didn't respond to or already decided on something else. So there is still hope for other applicants. Then more seats will free up in April.

I keep reminding people to not lose hope. There is an ever-present possibility that they will get accepted as late as the Friday before classes start. So long as you don't get rejected before then, acceptance is a possibility.

Once the next round of acceptances go out, the response time will only be 15 days. So acceptances will continue to go out until all seats have been reserved by a person. This is when the alternate pool is put together.

After the school gets a spreadsheet of where all the students that reserved seats have spaces reserved, they will make the students pick a school and finalize a decision. Not everyone that reserved a seat at Marquette ONLY reserved a space at Marquette. If they opt to attend another school, seats will free up again. If you are in the alternate pool, you still have a chance at this point.

I do recommend working on weak spots in your application in the meantime and deciding where you will apply for the 2017-2018 application process. The timelines between acceptance and applications somewhat overlap, and I'd hate for anyone to be unnecessarily delayed waiting for an acceptance letter.

For those that have been rejected already, there is always next time. Just work on improving your credentials for the next application process. It shows that you really want to be a dentist if you better yourself and try again. Not everyone gets in their first time, and I'll probably be in the same boat as you guys (my PESP alternate slot is only good until June 19). Just keep applying!

Last edited by a moderator:
I called asking the same a bit ago. The freed spaces are from one of the rounds of acceptances that people didn't respond to or already decided on something else. So there is still hope for other applicants. Then more seats will free up in April.

I keep reminding people to not lose hope. There is an ever-present possibility that they will get accepted as late as the Friday before classes start. So long as you don't get rejected before then, acceptance is a possibility.

Once the next round of acceptances go out, the response time will only be 15 days. So acceptances will continue to go out until all seats have been reserved by a person. This is when the alternate pool is put together.

After the school gets a spreadsheet of where all the students that reserved seats have spaces reserved, they will make the students pick a school and finalize a decision. Not everyone that reserved a seat at Marquette ONLY reserved a space at Marquette. If they opt to attend another school, seats will free up again. If you are in the alternate pool, you still have a chance at this point.

I do recommend working on weak spots in your application in the meantime and deciding where you will apply for the 2017-2018 application process. The timelines between acceptance and applications somewhat overlap, and I'd hate for anyone to be unnecessarily delayed waiting for an acceptance letter.

For those that have been rejected already, there is always next time. Just work on improving your credentials for the next application process. It shows that you really want to be a dentist if you better yourself and try again. Not everyone gets in their first time, and I'll probably be in the same boat as you guys (my PESP alternate slot is only good until June 19). Just keep applying!
Do schools that have yet to accept you get to know if you reserved a seat at another school on April 1st?

Do schools that have yet to accept you get to know if you reserved a seat at another school on April 1st?
That I don't know for certain, but I would think that they only get your name and your reserved seats if you reserved a seat at their school. It would be far too much work to go through all potential candidates' information to see if any alternate pool people have other reserved seats.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't receive a letter or email about being waitlisted and I checked my portal today and my status was changed to waitlisted a few weeks ago just a heads up

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I interviewed on February 23rd. Hopefully there is notification soon! But doesn't seem as though many know about the program.
How long was the interview? They said 20-30 minutes, is that accurate? Was it stressful?

I think you're right when you say not many people know. I did some digging at it seems like they announced this new program in December of 2016 so it's brand new. If I had to guess, I'd say we will know for sure shortly after my interview next week. I have a feeling the week after, but we will see.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

How long was the interview? They said 20-30 minutes, is that accurate? Was it stressful?

I think you're right when you say not many people know. I did some digging at it seems like they announced this new program in December of 2016 so it's brand new. If I had to guess, I'd say we will know for sure shortly after my interview next week. I have a feeling the week after, but we will see.

Mine was right at 30 minutes. It was not stressful at all. It was like a conversation where they asked about your interests in dentistry and public health. They do make a note to talk about low GPA but I guess that's whole purpose of the program.

They told me I should know sometime in March so hopefully relatively soon. They only have 15 or so seats for the post bacc. Good luck to you! Message me if you have any specific questions! I'll be happy to answer them.

Mine was right at 30 minutes. It was not stressful at all. It was like a conversation where they asked about your interests in dentistry and public health. They do make a note to talk about low GPA but I guess that's whole purpose of the program.

They told me I should know sometime in March so hopefully relatively soon. They only have 15 or so seats for the post bacc. Good luck to you! Message me if you have any specific questions! I'll be happy to answer them.

Awesome, thanks! Good luck to you also. I'll ask them when they are going to give out acceptances and report back here. Hopefully they will be specific about it.

Rejected without an interview offer today. I am OOS from California/committed to another school so I'm not too surprised. Thought this info might be helpful for others

Just received an email for Alternate Pool invitation, the class is officially full at the moment
OOS wait listed November 30th, 2016

Reactions: 3 users
Just received an email for Alternate Pool invitation, the class is officially full at the moment
OOS wait listed November 30th, 2016

yea... but that 4 year vacation to LAS VEGAS!!!!

Alternate pool. Anyone going to accept it? Anyone know how the movement is for OOS? Can't believe there's a grand deposit to be waitlisted...lol

Got the same alternative pool email as well. I'm going to do it... it's still a chance.

Alternate pool. Anyone going to accept it? Anyone know how the movement is for OOS? Can't believe there's a grand deposit to be waitlisted...lol

Alternate pool offer. Already put the check in the mail. Seems like a long shot at this point. But it's a chance nonetheless.

Guys, if you haven't been accepted anywhere, I would advise you to send the $1000 check to Marquette. It's refundable if you end up not getting in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Awesome, thanks! Good luck to you also. I'll ask them when they are going to give out acceptances and report back here. Hopefully they will be specific about it.

Hey! How was the interview? Did they tell you when we should hear back by?

They're sending out acceptances for the post bac program. Anyone else get one?

do you guys have hope to be accepted off from waitlist in april?
I was accepted off the alternate list. I think you have a good chance until May 1st. At that point maybe start thinking of things to do next year.

Does anyone know when any spots would open up at Marquette from those who had to decide on one school?

Does anyone know when any spots would open up at Marquette from those who had to decide on one school?

After having a conversation with Mr. Trecek awhile back it is my understanding that if a person placed a deposit at Marquette they committed. Unless they contact the school and say they have are no longer planning to go to Marquette their spot is taken. So to answer your question there is no set date for individuals with multiple acceptances that have placed a deposit at Marquette to let Marquette know they will not be attending.

It is highly unlikely now. The class seems to be full since the FB group has 100 members in it. Wait it out, otherwise it is best to apply again and make sure to have your app in before September. I believe their site says they prefer apps before then. Also, it seems they only send out interviews one time. Then maybe one time in the future. You can always call admissions. They are really nice people there.

Any people on PESP planning on not going this year?

received email today from Brian stating some of the OOS students were selected out of alternate pool last month. This is my dream school to attend and I am still on the alternate pool. :(:(

received email today from Brian stating some of the OOS students were selected out of alternate pool last month. This is my dream school to attend and I am still on the alternate pool. :(:(
People from the alternate pool will continue to be accepted until classes start. If it's your dream school, apply again. The wait isn't fun, but just work on improving your credentials for the new application cycle.

Since you guys have already been through this process, do you think I can add this school in with a oGPA: 3.2 sGPA: 3.0 and a 17AA this cycle?

Since you guys have already been through this process, do you think I can add this school in with a oGPA: 3.2 sGPA: 3.0 and a 17AA this cycle?
It's not impossible. My credentials are similar to that and they still considered me, but only through their 3-month summer program (only has about 10-12 students in the program each year). While it is not necessarily impossible, if you're just now submitting your application, you may have already hurt your chances at Marquette. June and July submissions are ideal since they start interviews soon.

It's not impossible. My credentials are similar to that and they still considered me, but only through their 3-month summer program (only has about 10-12 students in the program each year). While it is not necessarily impossible, if you're just now submitting your application, you may have already hurt your chances at Marquette. June and July submissions are ideal since they start interviews soon.
I already submitted my AADSAS and everything is verified and my DAT scores are in. Are you saying it's too late to add this school to my app?